Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Default Re: Is LeBron James already better than Tim Duncan ever was?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    How many all-stars did Duncan have on his team? Shaq had one superstar, and two of the greatest role players. While Duncan had D-Robs carcass, crazy cpt jack, and two newbie international players. But ok, Duncan's team was much better . I never even liked Duncan really until i realized how absurdly underrated he is by most people just because he doesn't do anything flashy.

If you're talking about Horry, he played pretty poorly in that series. Same with Fisher. They played OK. In the one game they played well, the Lakers won handily...

The Spurs had way more people stepping up. Look at the box scores again.

All stars mean nothing when it could be said that by that time Kobe and Shaq did not complement each other. Two players getting 30 is only 60 points. If nobody else does anything or if one of the guys who you count on to get 30 is having a bad game, then it's over. Yes, Shaq and Kobe were really good during the 3 peat... that's why they 3 peated. But by that time things were breaking down and the Lakers role players were starting to slip, too. That's pretty much why they didn't win anymore.

It's insulting that people can say I haven't watched Duncan because I don't rate him as one of the greatest players of all time. Or when you can say with a straight face Prime Duncan > Prime Shaq. Keep in mind that Duncan is like 5 years younger than Shaq, so all of the head to head comparisons are slightly skewed. Not to say Shaq wasn't doing his, but lately it's really come into play because Shaq is old.

So, this is what I'm saying. Duncan isn't one of the greatest players ever. He's not better than Shaq, and he's definitely not better than LeBron now. Being one of the hugest Shaq fans ever, I have the ability to admit that LeBron now is better than Prime Shaq without batting an eye. LeBron is the ****ing GOAT and if you don't see that you are crazy. Nobody has in the modern era has come close to his impact. A playmaker AND a 30 ppg scorer... at 6'8? Grabbing boards from centers? Man... you guys just need to grasp reality. Sorry if you don't like LeBron, but he is AT LEAST on the same level as MJ (although MJ fans will always hold onto MJ's GOATness because I bet Bron will never get 6 rings... and probably never 3 peat.)

I'll stop this dead end argument. We both know how the other feels.

-Smak

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    If you're talking about Horry, he played pretty poorly in that series. Same with Fisher. They played OK. In the one game they played well, the Lakers won handily...

The Spurs had way more people stepping up. Look at the box scores again.

All stars mean nothing when it could be said that by that time Kobe and Shaq did not complement each other. Two players getting 30 is only 60 points. If nobody else does anything or if one of the guys who you count on to get 30 is having a bad game, then it's over. Yes, Shaq and Kobe were really good during the 3 peat... that's why they 3 peated. But by that time things were breaking down and the Lakers role players were starting to slip, too. That's pretty much why they didn't win anymore.

It's insulting that people can say I haven't watched Duncan because I don't rate him as one of the greatest players of all time. Or when you can say with a straight face Prime Duncan > Prime Shaq. Keep in mind that Duncan is like 5 years younger than Shaq, so all of the head to head comparisons are slightly skewed. Not to say Shaq wasn't doing his, but lately it's really come into play because Shaq is old.

So, this is what I'm saying. Duncan isn't one of the greatest players ever. He's not better than Shaq, and he's definitely not better than LeBron now. Being one of the hugest Shaq fans ever, I have the ability to admit that LeBron now is better than Prime Shaq without batting an eye. LeBron is the ****ing GOAT and if you don't see that you are crazy. Nobody has in the modern era has come close to his impact. A playmaker AND a 30 ppg scorer... at 6'8? Grabbing boards from centers? Man... you guys just need to grasp reality. Sorry if you don't like LeBron, but he is AT LEAST on the same level as MJ (although MJ fans will always hold onto MJ's GOATness because I bet Bron will never get 6 rings... and probably never 3 peat.)

I'll stop this dead end argument. We both know how the other feels.

-Smak
    Lmao Cry Me A River Brah

Lebron aint better then Duncan & Shaq in their prime
    He aint even better then Kobe today and brah is 31 lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by CeoTypeDoe619
    Lmao Cry Me A River Brah

Lebron aint better then Duncan & Shaq in their prime
    He aint even better then Kobe today and brah is 31 lmfao
    You are a dumb @$$.

LeBron and Durant are better than Kobe this season. Kobe is currently ranked 4th in the NBA MVP Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    You are a dumb @$$.

LeBron and Durant are better than Kobe this season. Kobe is currently ranked 4th in the NBA MVP Race.
    MVP does not = better than. But I agree LeBron is a better player than Durant, and i'm sure an argument could be made for Durant being a top 5 although I don't believe he is.

LeBron
    Kobe
    Wade
    Melo
    Dwight
    Paul

are all better than Durant is.

Edit: meant to say LeBron is a better player than Kobe is not Durant, although that is true as well.
    Last edited by lilgodfather1; 03-17-2010 at 06:54 AM.

CeoTypeDoe619

You are a dumb @$$.

Yeah and you just said durant is better then kobe

slap yaself then ya moms

Yeah and you just said durant is better then kobe

slap yaself then ya moms
    Of course I'd still take Kobe Bryant over Kevin Durant in the playoffs, but Durant is playing better than Kobe in the Regular Season.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    MVP does not = better than. But I agree LeBron is a better player than Durant, and i'm sure an argument could be made for Durant being a top 5 although I don't believe he is.

LeBron
    Kobe
    Wade
    Melo
    Dwight
    Paul

are all better than Durant is.
    Fair Enough

CeoTypeDoe619

Of course I'd still take Kobe Bryant over Kevin Durant in the playoffs, but Durant is playing better than Kobe in the Regular Season.

Fair Enough
    Cuz he's scoring more points? Kobe averages double his assist. More steals and less turnovers. And has been a way better defender then durant. Brah with those 26,000 post i would think you knew a little about basketball

Cuz he's scoring more points? Kobe averages double his assist. More steals and less turnovers. And has been a way better defender then durant. Brah with those 26,000 post i would think you knew a little about basketball
    Shutup Can'tstop. I'm just messing with you.

CeoTypeDoe619

Shutup Can'tstop. I'm just messing with you.

Haha cant wait till i get to meet this Cantstop guy who is supposedly shares the same views i do. He's going straight to my Fav 5

Very good NBA starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zffp-...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtauD...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDkOe...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbszn...eature=related

Duncan dropping 37 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks to eliminate the defending champion 2002 Lakers on their own court. Timmy posting up and getting layups, dunks, turnaround jump shots, taking Horry off the dribble at the top of the key, hitting a 17 foot face up jump shot, grabbing offensive boards and converting, dishing out of the post, and hitting 5 of 7 free throws... He wasn't JUST a defensive player, the offense went through him, Walton called him "virtually unstoppable with his variety of his moves".

Value Ape.

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    If the OP is serious and not a gimmick, then I question what this site is coming to. This thread should be closed and deleted immediately.
    I would tend to agree but I actually think this thread should be sticky because;

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlimViper
    Its like you're some horrifying fusion of Charles Barkley and Marv Albert.
    That is priceless

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    I agree with the premise, but I would like to point out that LeBrons defensive impact is also a game changer.
    Tim Duncan anchored the defense of the Spurs for years. There were consistently one of the best defensive teams because of him. He protected the paint and allowed guys like Bruce Bowen to play agressively on the perimeter. I like how none of that means zero to you but you get goose bumps because Bron anticipates a player driving and blocks his shot from behind. You obviously never watched nor paid much attention to Tim Duncan. He's the best player of the decade but not better than Lebron. Makes zero sense. Duncan is regarded as a player who can be considered top 10 of all time. Somehow Bron is a top 10 player of all time already. And the fact you've all but given Bron an MVP before he even won it just tells me your agenda.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zffp-...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtauD...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDkOe...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbszn...eature=related

Duncan dropping 37 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks to eliminate the defending champion 2002 Lakers on their own court. Timmy posting up and getting layups, dunks, turnaround jump shots, taking Horry off the dribble at the top of the key, hitting a 17 foot face up jump shot, grabbing offensive boards and converting, dishing out of the post, and hitting 5 of 7 free throws... He wasn't JUST a defensive player, the offense went through him, Walton called him "virtually unstoppable with his variety of his moves".
    2001-2005 was Prime Duncan and was perhaps better than current Lebron James. At least equal. People tend to forget to quick, same thing happened with Iverson (although he has earned it in some way acting like a canswer in the last years).

Yet again I repeat what I said in my earlier post, a couple of pages before, if I had to pick one of this 2 to start my franchise, I would pick Timmy all the day.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rs98762001
    He's the most dominant player of all time in any sport. No one else comes close.
    Yep...there is a mountain of evidence which supports that Lebron is the most dominant player of all-time, and no else comes close.

Somehow, though, it got lost in reality.

Right NOW, he's playing better than any version of Tim Duncan (02 is debatable but I'd still pick Lebron). Defense, scoring, rebounding, passing, all while being the anchor of his team. That's "GOAT level" like.