Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Zion Williamson is gonna be a monster

Thicc.

at 6-5 barefoot he's an NBA 6-6.5

FYI MJ and Kobe were 6-4.75 barefoot

I wonder what his standing reach/wingspan is

And obvious, I wonder how explosive and mobile he would be at 240-250. Could be legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    at 6-5 barefoot he's an NBA 6-6.5

FYI MJ and Kobe were 6-4.75 barefoot

I wonder what his standing reach/wingspan is

And obvious, I wonder how explosive and mobile he would be at 240-250. Could be legendary.
    He might be able to get away with being that heavy in college because he has incredible athleticism....but there's no way it'll work in the NBA. Charles was taller and obviously was a whale his first couple years in the NBA but he eventually slimmed down to like 250.

He would essentially need to be Barkley for this to work...and expecting someone to be Barkley is ludicrous.

Christ, I don't know what to think of him as a prospect. He will dominate college no doubt but that weight needs to get under control. Dude might be pushing 300+ if he has a growth spurt

Undefeated

Classic case of kid who develops early and dominates HS

Won't be a monster in the NBA

He plays like a PF in SF body who can't shoot. FOH. His defense will be ass too

Austin Cannon (Damien HS Sophomore) will be better.

So will Shareef.

Freak athlete at the HS level, and will be good in college as well, but unless he grows another couple of inches, he probably won't be a star in the NBA. He doesn't have the skills to play SF, and he's undersized for a PF.

RJ Barrett looks like a much better prospect to me.

That said, he does have one hell of a highlight reel, and I look forward to seeing him in the NBA dunk competition.

Tolerant Liberals

Hopefully he can make it in the NBA. Would love to see some more crazy dunkers over solid fundamental players

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpursGo1984
    No handles or jumper this tells me you really know what you are talking about. Watch a video of him.
    You clearly are blinded by HS highlights. Shame, go take a look at Julius Randle HS clips. He shot the 3, mid range, handled the ball from one end to the next and scored inside easily. Man amongst boys. Got to college and the nba? The range and his overall jumper was lost. Above average ball handler but his face up game is average at best. But in HS he looked like Jamal Mashburn.

Clearly your reading is a bit off. I didn't say he has no handles. He can handle the ball. I questioned his handles vs legitimate talent. Meaning someone that knows how to defend against him. Can he create his own offense enough? Valid question due to all the hype. So yeah "watch a video of him" in HS. A lot of kids beast in HS. Your logic just isn't sound because Ben Simmons could shoot in HS. Yet if someone question his jumper you'd chime in "watch a video of him".

In conclusion I stopped putting a great deal of stock into HS beasting. It's easier to assess talent at the college level vs HS. Because the talent level and coaching is dramatically better across the board. So things you got away with in HS you arent going to in college and in the pros. Special talents can but again too early for me to see special talent in HS feasting.