Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Default Re: Whats The New Heat Starting Lineup ???

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Haslem is 6'8. He has no business at center, never has/never will.

That's an awfully small team right there.

Banks - 6'2
    Wade - 6'4
    Marion - 6'7
    Beasley - 6'8
    Haslem - 6'8

I don't think the Heat are done yet, they're still gonna make some noise - well they would if they were smart. They're a good C, and another option at PG away from making their way back to the playoffs.

Until they make a move, this team is thin. The bench sucks, they have multiple holes in the lineup - Banks - Undersized, not a great number one option for your point on a good team... No center that's starter quality, Mourning isn't coming back until December or January is what they're saying now, and it might not even be for the Heat... and as good as Michael Beasley might be, he's still a rookie, and needs experience, a rookie's a rookie, unless we're talking a Shaq, Jordan, Duncan, LeBron kinda guy. Even Kobe and Garnett needed a few years to develop. And the bench is weak, I don't care what anyone says, that bench is weak.

This lineup could maybe get you 35 wins next year. I don't care how good you guys say Marion is, he has never been a winner, for years he was on a losing Phoenix team as a second fiddle to several great players, but it wasn't until he was paired with Nash, Amare and other great roleplayers around him that his team was a winner, the team was stacked, and it wasn't necessarily because of him that they were great. You know what that shows? He needs a great passing point guard, but he also needs a complete lineup to win. Wade isn't that great passing PG, and this team isn't stacked. Marion is expendable, and isn't winning this team games, he isn't your Scottie Pippen, and I'm pretty sure I've heard his name in a few rumors. This lineup has too many holes.

Banks
    Wade
    Marion
    Beasley
    Blount
    Your underrating Banks, he can do a lot more then you think. and undersized? Hes a 6'2 strong PG....

Miami's main concern is finding a good center, not a good PG.

wade=mvp

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
    Miami's main concern is finding a good center, not a good PG.
    agree!! i hope it isnt a offensive mind center, hopefully someone like zo

Quote Originally Posted by lil baller
    agree!! i hope it isnt a offensive mind center, hopefully someone like zo
    They need a young promising guy that can play D and won't demand a ball. But it wont hurt if they are a threat.

wade=mvp

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
    They need a young promising guy that can play D and won't demand a ball. But it wont hurt if they are a threat.
    yup any ideas?maybe DJ Mbenga
    Last edited by lil baller; 08-15-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Haslem is 6'8. He has no business at center, never has/never will.

That's an awfully small team right there.

Banks - 6'2
    Wade - 6'4
    Marion - 6'7
    Beasley - 6'8
    Haslem - 6'8

I don't think the Heat are done yet, they're still gonna make some noise - well they would if they were smart. They're a good C, and another option at PG away from making their way back to the playoffs.

Until they make a move, this team is thin. The bench sucks, they have multiple holes in the lineup - Banks - Undersized, not a great number one option for your point on a good team... No center that's starter quality, Mourning isn't coming back until December or January is what they're saying now, and it might not even be for the Heat... and as good as Michael Beasley might be, he's still a rookie, and needs experience, a rookie's a rookie, unless we're talking a Shaq, Jordan, Duncan, LeBron kinda guy. Even Kobe and Garnett needed a few years to develop. And the bench is weak, I don't care what anyone says, that bench is weak.

This lineup could maybe get you 35 wins next year. I don't care how good you guys say Marion is, he has never been a winner, for years he was on a losing Phoenix team as a second fiddle to several great players, but it wasn't until he was paired with Nash, Amare and other great roleplayers around him that his team was a winner, the team was stacked, and it wasn't necessarily because of him that they were great. You know what that shows? He needs a great passing point guard, but he also needs a complete lineup to win. Wade isn't that great passing PG, and this team isn't stacked. Marion is expendable, and isn't winning this team games, he isn't your Scottie Pippen, and I'm pretty sure I've heard his name in a few rumors. This lineup has too many holes.

Banks
    Wade
    Marion
    Beasley
    Blount

If its like that then take out Beasley & put in Hasalm, cause we are going to need defense inside.

Chalmers
    Cook
    Jones
    Beasley
    Anthony

That is not a bad 2nd unit. Then you add Zo, & Wright in the mix, & you have a strong bench. If healthy this team should make the playoffs.

Earl Barron?, Joel Anthony?, etc...These guys are not getting resigned or are going to be waived... They are not guys I am looking forward to seeing in the normal player rotation.

I'm not going to try and sort out a starting lineup because the heat still haven't resigned key pieces and they are trying to move Marion. But Banks or Chalmers are not the answer to the starting point guard. I'd like to see the heat make a move to sign Delonte West and withdraw the qualifying offer to Chris Quinn. If the Lamar Odom for Marion rumors are true... this would give us a legit size PF, and let Beasley drop to the SF, along with giving us money to sign Delonte or another player.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    Earl Barron?, Joel Anthony?, etc...These guys are not getting resigned or are going to be waived... They are not guys I am looking forward to seeing in the normal player rotation.

I'm not going to try and sort out a starting lineup because the heat still haven't resigned key pieces and they are trying to move Marion. But Banks or Chalmers are not the answer to the starting point guard. I'd like to see the heat make a move to sign Delonte West and withdraw the qualifying offer to Chris Quinn. If the Lamar Odom for Marion rumors are true... this would give us a legit size PF, and let Beasley drop to the SF, along with giving us money to sign Delonte or another player.

I mean no disrespect but do you even watch the Heat? Anthony will surpriz you. His defens, & rebounding are solid, & thats what we need, with Zo out till Dec.

West? 1st we dont have the money to sign him, & even if we did, he is a 2guard in a PGs body, & not all that much better then Banks, & Chalmers.
    Why do you think that the Cavs had to go out an get Mo Will? If he could not start for them, why should he start for us?

Odom? Marion is a better player then odom, & if the point was for him to start at PF, & have Beasley at SF. Beasley is not, & never will be a SF. He is to slow, & will be eaten alive trying to guard sfs in this league.
    can you imagin a lineup of Blount, Odom, & Beasley? We would give up over 60 point in the paint nightly. We would be the worst defensive team in the league.

Like i sead, i don't mean to disrespect you, but you need to rethink this a little.

Im a Heat fan, and your nuts if you think Joel Anthony is solid, or even near to starting. He's undersized at 6'9 and provides no type of offensive threat. On the defensive end most teams will be playing 5 on 4 against the Heat with him in the game. Out of 20 minutes a game he averaged uner 4 rebounds and less than 4 points. The only good stat was 1.3 blocks/game.

If thats 20min/game is not enough chance get a good gauge of what he can do... I dont know what is. Also why pay Haslem 5 million dollars more than him to sit on the bench when he's prooven to average double doubles on a regular basis when healthy.

Marion is plain better like you've said, but he's a small player added to a small front court: Beasley 6'9" (PF?), Haslem 6'9" (probably starting center). Beasley can hit the three, and is quick enough off the dribble to play the SF. Another reason I like the idea of Odom is even at 6'10 he can help handle the ball as well as give them the same amount of rebounding Marion can, as well as help prevent Beasley from getting beat up down low trying to rebound as a PF, and getting injured quick like he did over the summer. Thats the only real reason I dont like Beasley as a starting PF, just yet.

Odom wouldn't be any type of answer for the long term. But the way I look at it is if they could afford to squeeze in signing West for the amount of salary difference (about 4 mil) for 2 years and still have the money free for 2010 to resign Wade it would be a better team. Basically giving up Marion for Odom & West, IMO, yes.
    Last edited by beasted86; 08-19-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

Even if we trade Marion for Odom we are still well over the CAP and we've already used most of our MLE on James Jones. We have roughly $1 Mil left to sign a guy. Delonte is out of the question unless it's a sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEncinas
    Even if we trade Marion for Odom we are still well over the CAP and we've already used most of our MLE on James Jones. We have roughly $1 Mil left to sign a guy. Delonte is out of the question unless it's a sign and trade.
    Yeah, and like I was saying before the salary difference between Marion and Odom would give the Heat 3.7 million dollars to work with. Paired with a million dollars could give them the ability to sign West a 2 year contract at 4.7 million.

Either way after thinking about it, I dont know if the Lakers can afford 3.6 more million dollars onto the cap. I dont know if the Lakers would be willing to pay that much money in luxury tax just to try and make a championship more attainable. They are likely going to see how Odom plays during the first half of the season and maybe trade him later, but probably not before season start.

What do u think about this trade it could help your starting line up
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...5~18&te=&cash=
    it gets you guys Lee Marbury and Varejao.
    Knicks get Marion Ben Wallace and Sczarbiak
    Caavs get Haslem Richardson and Randolph

The heat get three expiring contacts a good C/PF in VareJao and David Lee who is very underrated and a PG with Marbury and all their contracts expire next year which means you'll have more money to spend next offseason if you do the trade than you will if you had Marion.

Cavs get a offensive low post scorer and could put them ahead of the celtics in the east. Richardson can still shoot the ball and they get a pretty good one with Haslem.

For the Knicks this trade is all about getting something good in return for the two troublemakers on the team they get two hustle players and two expiring contracts plus Marion gets reunited with Mike D'anttoni

Starting Lineup looks like this

Marbury/ Chalmers/Banks
    Wade/Cook
    Beasly/Jones
    Lee/Anthony(Blount)
    Varejao/Blount(Anthony)
    Last edited by kmart; 08-20-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Im a Heat fan, and your nuts if you think Joel Anthony is solid, or even near to starting. He's undersized at 6'9 and provides no type of offensive threat. On the defensive end most teams will be playing 5 on 4 against the Heat with him in the game. Out of 20 minutes a game he averaged uner 4 rebounds and less than 4 points. The only good stat was 1.3 blocks/game.

If thats 20min/game is not enough chance get a good gauge of what he can do... I dont know what is. Also why pay Haslem 5 million dollars more than him to sit on the bench when he's prooven to average double doubles on a regular basis when healthy.

Marion is plain better like you've said, but he's a small player added to a small front court: Beasley 6'9" (PF?), Haslem 6'9" (probably starting center). Beasley can hit the three, and is quick enough off the dribble to play the SF. Another reason I like the idea of Odom is even at 6'10 he can help handle the ball as well as give them the same amount of rebounding Marion can, as well as help prevent Beasley from getting beat up down low trying to rebound as a PF, and getting injured quick like he did over the summer. Thats the only real reason I dont like Beasley as a starting PF, just yet.

Odom wouldn't be any type of answer for the long term. But the way I look at it is if they could afford to squeeze in signing West for the amount of salary difference (about 4 mil) for 2 years and still have the money free for 2010 to resign Wade it would be a better team. Basically giving up Marion for Odom & West, IMO, yes.

Anthony will only be used of the bench, not as a starter. & the Heat coaching staff have all bin raving about his improvment so far. But we will see in training camp.
    & the thing about Beasley is that though he can play some SF on offense, he can not defend SFs in the NBA. He will get abused by other SFs. & the only thing that Odom can do that Marion can't is handle the ball. But marion is 10 times the defender that Odom is, & rebounds the ball just as well. If all you care about is offense then that team would look good. Problem is that we would be the worst defensive team in the league & not win jack.
    & West would just be another backup guard that makes 4 mill.

Pat Riley just won't do this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by kmart
    What do u think about this trade it could help your starting line up
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...5~18&te=&cash=
    it gets you guys Lee Marbury and Varejao.
    Knicks get Marion Ben Wallace and Sczarbiak
    Caavs get Haslem Richardson and Randolph

The heat get three expiring contacts a good C/PF in VareJao and David Lee who is very underrated and a PG with Marbury and all their contracts expire next year which means you'll have more money to spend next offseason if you do the trade than you will if you had Marion.

Cavs get a offensive low post scorer and could put them ahead of the celtics in the east. Richardson can still shoot the ball and they get a pretty good one with Haslem.

For the Knicks this trade is all about getting something good in return for the two troublemakers on the team they get two hustle players and two expiring contracts plus Marion gets reunited with Mike D'anttoni

Starting Lineup looks like this

Marbury/ Chalmers/Banks
    Wade/Cook
    Beasly/Jones
    Lee/Anthony(Blount)
    Varejao/Blount(Anthony)

Beasley is not a SF. & Marion is better then anything we are getting back. & then you want us to through in Haslem? We rather have Marion, & Haslem.
    Miami says no way.

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

Yeah, and like I was saying before the salary difference between Marion and Odom would give the Heat 3.7 million dollars to work with. Paired with a million dollars could give them the ability to sign West a 2 year contract at 4.7 million.

Either way after thinking about it, I dont know if the Lakers can afford 3.6 more million dollars onto the cap. I dont know if the Lakers would be willing to pay that much money in luxury tax just to try and make a championship more attainable. They are likely going to see how Odom plays during the first half of the season and maybe trade him later, but probably not before season start.
    The thing is when two teams trade when they're both over the CAP the salaries have to much for the trade to happen. Also you can't just add to your MLE. There is no way the Heat can get Delonte unless it's a sign and trade.