Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Is Kevin Durant starting to get a bit overrated ?

LeBron can't play with a point guard so your point is null. You put a great point guard with LeBron and he becomes a shooting guard
    As did magic with Norm Nixon. Play anyone over like...6'5'' with a great point guard they will be moved. doesnt mean they couldnt play the point. Steve Smith was 6'8'' and he was a perfectly good point. And then when they got a more traditional one...he wasnt. Penny was a point...then he played with Kidd...and he wasnt. Grant Hill wasnt a point...then he was...then he wasnt.

All of them(and Lebron) perfectly capable of it.

Anyway...

Pretty much all young great scoring swingmen get overrated by someone. Penny, Hill, AI, Tmac, Kobe, Lebron, Vince, Arenas, Durant, Melo, Wade...all of them. Because at some point someone sees a kid play well...acts like its never happened before and this time it means ____.

I was on here with people arguing with me that Arenas was elite and might do this and that...becauseh e scored like 35ppg a month or two.

Crazy scoring/flashy young swingmen come and go so often its hard to get behind any of them.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 09-11-2010 at 04:25 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    True.

But doesn't everyone in the offseason?
    That's so not true.

Hey, by the way, wouldn't adding Eric Dampier win just about every team in the league a championship???

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Why would you want to play LeBron with a true point? It's the same reason why Jordan and Pippen never needed a true point. It takes away from their game if you do that.

I'm sorry, but come on man... You're a Durant fan and that's fine, but you get so ridiculous with it.
    I have never said that Durant was better than current LeBron. But Durant at this stage is much better than LeBron was.

Also Durant doesn't have to dominate the ball.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    I have never said that Durant was better than current LeBron. But Durant at this stage is much better than LeBron was.

Also Durant doesn't have to dominate the ball.
    I don't think it's a negative for LeBron to dominate the ball. It was in Cleveland because they had horrible offensive sets, but in general, I certainly would want the ball in his hands 90% of the time.

At this stage, you can argue that Durant's the better scorer, but he's not better now than LeBron was at this age. Go back and watch how the Pistons had to shift their entire floor balance to what side of the court LeBron was on. Durant has never warranted that kind of defensive pressure. It's that physical component I mentioned earlier. Durant doesn't really have it. If his shot is off, I don't fear him putting his head down and going to rim like I would with LeBron or even Wade.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    False or True ?
    false. It's just beause of joyners homerism that we think this. If he didn't post here this thread wouldn't exist

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

False, probably the greatest scorer we will ever see. Also a great rebounder for his position, good defender, average passer, and incredible teammate. Oh and he's only 21.
    ok maybe true.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I don't think it's a negative for LeBron to dominate the ball. It was in Cleveland because they had horrible offensive sets, but in general, I certainly would want the ball in his hands 90% of the time.

At this stage, you can argue that Durant's the better scorer, but he's not better now than LeBron was at this age. Go back and watch how the Pistons had to shift their entire floor balance to what side of the court LeBron was on. Durant has never warranted that kind of defensive pressure. It's that physical component I mentioned earlier. Durant doesn't really have it. If his shot is off, I don't fear him putting his head down and going to rim like I would with LeBron or even Wade.
    Do you not realize that is exactly what the Lakers did to Durant?

Durant is a better scorer now than LeBron was last season and the comparison is a joke against 21 year old LeBron. Rebounding is equal, Durant is a better defender, LeBron is a better passer, Durant is better off of the ball, Durant's a better shooter, LeBron's a better driver, and they're equal at finishing at the rim.

Durant is the better player and the advanced stats agree.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

What do advanced stats say about Durant last year vs Jordan in say....97 or 98?

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    What do advanced stats say about Durant last year vs Jordan in say....97 or 98?
    That Jordan was better...although 98 was close as Jordan was clearly on the decline.

Durant is a better scorer now than LeBron was last season and the comparison is a joke against 21 year old LeBron. Rebounding is equal, Durant is a better defender, LeBron is a better passer, Durant is better off of the ball, Durant's a better shooter, LeBron's a better driver, and they're equal at finishing at the rim.

Now you are getting ridiculous dude...Lebron is arguably the best finishing wing in the history of the game, and you have a nerve to put Durant as equal to him in this department? Your boy MAY be a better scorer, but what about other aspects of the game? All arround play? Assists? Defense?

You listed 7 aspects of basketball, credited LeBron as being better in 2 while Durant 3 (and equal in 2). Even if that's true, that makes the comparison a "joke"?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I tad bit IMO. When Melo was younger(He wasn't like Durant when he was younger tho so maybe that's why) people always hated on him for being just a scorer. He got alot of hate for not doing anything in the playoffs also. Seems like Durant has got a pass for both from alot of people. Whenever you bring up the playoffs tho people just say bring up his age. Same with clutch play and everything else when he doesn't stack up people just use his age and I don't really get that because what does age matter when your comparing players at there current state?. I get for when your talking about the future\potential but it shouldn't affect comparing players now.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Now you are getting ridiculous dude...Lebron is arguably the best finishing wing in the history of the game, and you have a nerve to put Durant as equal to him in this department? Your boy MAY be a better scorer, but what about other aspects of the game? All arround play? Assists? Defense?
    LeBron shot 73% last season at the rim. Durant shot 70% at the rim last season. Durant also averages more dunks/game than LeBron.

As for the other things, congratulations on LeBron averaging more assists than Durant. What was LeBron's assist total at 21 including his starting point guard? Durant's was 10.8 with Westbrook.

Also Durant is a better defender at 21 and it's not even that close. He's unquestionably a better scorer and rebounding is fairly equal although Durant holds an advantage.

And I'm not attempting to compare the 2 players today...this will be LeBron's 8th year in the nba

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The only thing Durant has on Lebron is outside shooting. Other than that, Lebron is better at every other facet of the game.

There is no way Manu is doing this to Lebron:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm9Y-vqZsEo

Banned

No. Kevin Durant is very good, we saw what he did in the Fiba tournment and the NBA season. He is skilled, long and can score with ease. Just needs to learn how to pass better.