Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

Default Is Kevin Durant starting to get a bit overrated ?

False or True ?

Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Is Kevin Durant starting to get a bit overrated ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    False or True ?
    False.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

He's still got to prove it. He's had a real good season and he's played well this summer, but I want to see him do it in the playoffs. Wade, Kobe and LeBron have all played at amazing levels in the playoffs. Durant needs to do the same.

Still, he's coming.

maybe a little, but he is one of the best scorers in the L

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

True. He will never be better than Lebron, yet he is talked about in the same breath. Lebron's skill set is just much better than Durant.

a 21 year old scoring champ would get a lot of peoples attention.

Banned

True, He really hasn't done shit yet. Yet everyone says this guy is a Top 5 Player in the NBA, specifically 4th best behind Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. Durant has done none of that, mainly because he sucked ass in the playoffs.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

False, probably the greatest scorer we will ever see. Also a great rebounder for his position, good defender, average passer, and incredible teammate. Oh and he's only 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    True. He will never be better than Lebron, yet he is talked about in the same breath. Lebron's skill set is just much better than Durant.
    To me what separates the two is the physical component. LeBron has always put it on the other team in terms of fouls and wearing out his defender physically. Durant has ridiculous length, but LeBron's speed and power gives him the edge.

No way I take Durant over LeBron to start my franchise. You can play LeBron at four positions. Would you really think of putting Durant at the point?

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    To me what separates the two is the physical component. LeBron has always put it on the other team in terms of fouls and wearing out his defender physically. Durant has ridiculous length, but LeBron's speed and power gives him the edge.

No way I take Durant over LeBron to start my franchise. You can play LeBron at four positions. Would you really think of putting Durant at the point?
    LeBron can't play with a point guard so your point is null. You put a great point guard with LeBron and he becomes a shooting guard

College superstar

Yes. I've seen and heard several people claim that after just one season of leading the league in the single easiest statistical category to dominate (scoring) that he's all of a sudden a top 2-3 player in the game. As of today he has not really proven that he can do much more than score. He's a top 6-8 player, but not a top 2-3 IMO.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BDiesel324
    True, He really hasn't done shit yet. Yet everyone says this guy is a Top 5 Player in the NBA, specifically 4th best behind Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. Durant has done none of that, mainly because he sucked ass in the playoffs.
    The guy is 21, and had to lead his team against the champs who have one of the best perimeter defenders in the league guarding. Not a whole lot of 8 seeds last 6 games. He was amazing in the first quarter today. Will be one of the top 3 players in the league as people begin to underrate LeBron/Wade when they are on the same team, and will probably win an MVP. I agree that he is he 4th best player in the league now.

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    LeBron can't play with a point guard so your point is null. You put a great point guard with LeBron and he becomes a shooting guard
    Why would you want to play LeBron with a true point? It's the same reason why Jordan and Pippen never needed a true point. It takes away from their game if you do that.

I'm sorry, but come on man... You're a Durant fan and that's fine, but you get so ridiculous with it.

True.

But doesn't everyone in the offseason?

Very good NBA starter

I don't think he's overrated at all, considering how much he carried that team (that wasn't even expected to make the playoffs). I'd like to see him in the playoffs versus a team that's not coming off a championship (that team even upgraded perimeter defense w/ Artest to go out and win another one). Let him go up against a Jazz team, the Nuggets, Portland, just some other team where it's not SUCH an up hill battle for a weaker OKC Thunder team. That Thunder team did beat the Lakers twice and evened up the series though, which is more than some other teams can say, like like '10 Jazz, '09 Magic, or '08 Spurs for instance. Have to wonder what Durant and Co. could do against some other teams.