Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
       

Default Re: 6. Straight. Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    What a meltdown!
    in other words, you have no good argument against his points?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    What points? The guy literally exists to hate on a player he'll never meet in his life. Go look at his massive meltdown in the greatest slays thread. Just sad, TBH.

   

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    Championships Since 1998:

West: 12

East: 5
    true, but the east went 8-2 right before your cutoff date, right? that means it would be more like 14 - 13 since 1989, right?

that seems pretty damn even, yo!

also, that shift is roughly tied to the NBA's decision to eliminate hand-checking fouls... making some of those pistons and bulls teams obsolete.

so maybe it's more accurate to say that things were roughly even before the NBA selected west-ball as generating greater revenue than east-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    What points? The guy literally exists to hate on a player he'll never meet in his life. Go look at his massive meltdown in the greatest slays thread. Just sad, TBH.
    d'oh! it seems that you're right.

i pretty much assumed he had some points to make, partially because i hate it when someone replies to a post by saying they 'had a meltdown' or 'they shook', etc.

i think it might be a wise decision for me to shut up at this point.

Banned

Detroit, Atlanta, Toronto. That has to be the easiest path yet to the Finals for Bron right?

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    It's not amazing because of the incredibly weak conference.
    So why haven't other players done it? D Wade has played his whole career in the East and hasn't done it.

oh boy six str8 finals that's crazy impressive!

wait now, let's put them into context.

not so impressive anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Detroit, Atlanta, Toronto. That has to be the easiest path yet to the Finals for Bron right?

1987 Lakers opponents. Magic and the Showtime Lakers had the easiest path in NBA Finals History, but it doesn't change the fact that they were also a dominant team like the 2016 Cavaliers.

Denver Nuggets - 37-45
    Seattle Supersonics - 39-43
    Golden State Warriors - 42-40

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    Why would he? Have you seen any valid argument come from his mouth to support the failure of Lebron in the finals? All I hear is the same broken record bullshit about how a guy who plays in the weak conference is able to collude on stacked teams and get to the finals only to lose. Is that suppose to impress anyone who watched MJ play? Absolutely not, but leave it to morons who thinks getting to the finals in the east on multiple occasions on stacked teams only to lose when it counts is the standard for great basketball. aj1987 gets dominated so bad on this message board on the reg that I almost forgot about him. Such is to be expected though by those who support final failures like Lebron James. Their only rebutal is "but he's the best I've seen!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    So why haven't other players done it? D Wade has played his whole career in the East and hasn't done it.
    Is this a real question? Other players don't do it because they have self respect and don't collude to form super teams in weak conferences. Why did Curry let the game come to him and be patient for the team to form? Why did Westbrook? Why did Durant? Why did Dirk? Why did Duncan? After this years finals are over and KD and Westbrook have their rings, who will Lebron have prevented that is noteworthy from getting a ring? Rose?

I rule the local playground

Why cant Lebron stans admit the obvious?That East is a big freakin joke.I'm asking and waiting for a sincere answer..Out of all the eastern teams that Cavs eliminated those two past season which one would you describe as "great"?

This "achievement" has more to do with Geography and americans' strange obsession of splitting their proffesional sports leagues in two rather than Lebron's greatness(he is undoubtedly a phenomenal player,but that doesnt change the fact that east is donkey's shit).

Who hasn't disagreed with that straight_ballin poster? Thing is, he's kinda right here.

On the surface making the finals 6 straight times is pretty damn impressive. When you get into the nooks and crannies tho, examining road to said finals, compared to that other conference (the dominant one)...its just not all that its hyped up to be.

How can anyone deny that?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Why would he? Have you seen any valid argument come from his mouth to support the failure of Lebron in the finals? All I hear is the same broken record bullshit about how a guy who plays in the weak conference is able to collude on stacked teams and get to the finals only to lose. Is that suppose to impress anyone who watched MJ play? Absolutely not, but leave it to morons who thinks getting to the finals in the east on multiple occasions on stacked teams only to lose when it counts is the standard for great basketball. aj1987 gets dominated so bad on this message board on the reg that I almost forgot about him. Such is to be expected though by those who support final failures like Lebron James. Their only rebutal is "but he's the best I've seen!"

When have you EVER made a valid post, which actually is somewhat related to the game? All you post is "collusion! Stacked! 2/6!". That's literally it. You may not understand my posts because you basically have the intelligence of a neanderthal.

I'll try once here. This is from an old post of mine pertaining to the '15 Finals. It might be a bit much for someone with your level of intelligence, but take your time. Try 2 sentences a day.

LeBron was purposefully slowing down the pace. You don't win against the Warriors (with a garbage ass team no less) playing run and gun ball. They're gonna out shoot you and destroy you. The Cavs would've lost in 4 straight blowouts if they played uptempo basketball.

He couldn't hand over the playmaking duties to others nor was he able to let others make decisions, because they're low IQ players. Shump and JR were terrible and can't create for others. Delly had a hard time bringing the ball up court. Actually, Shump is a below average playmaker, but the other two are worse than garbage.

The game in which Mozgov put up 28 points, the Cavs lost by 21 points. LeBron struggled shooting the ball, but he did have 20/12/8. 12 rebounds and 8 assists (oh wait, rebounds and assists only matter when it's Bird). Delly went 3-14, JR 2-12, Shump 2-9, JJ 0-3, etc.. A combined 18% FG%. Literally no one could hit a shot. To top it off, the Warriors went small and Moz couldn't guard anyone on the court. Bogut was benched and Green was playing at the C.

You're blaming LeBron for Moz not getting more involved in game 5 after the 28 point game, when in fact, the COACH played him 9 minutes. He played over 30 minutes in game 6 and LeBron got him involved. Dude put up 17/12/4.

For the series, the 3 guys who played the 3rd, 4th, and 5th highest minutes managed to score a combined 25.5 points on sub 40% TS. 29% FG% and 28% 3pt%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    1987 Lakers opponents. Magic and the Showtime Lakers had the easiest path in NBA Finals History, but it doesn't change the fact that they were also a dominant team like the 2016 Cavaliers.

Denver Nuggets - 37-45
    That's pretty pathetic. And yet these laker stans won't bring any of this up to discredit Magic's runs to the finals

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

the LEASTern conference doeee

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

Denver Nuggets - 37-45

Yes , Second half of 80's Western Conferences were weak .
    Last edited by feyki; 05-28-2016 at 12:46 PM.