Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Default Can't wait to see Philly in 5 years.

They'll be so good. Although if I was a 76er I don't know if I could stand years of ineptitude.

I rep Lakers!

Default Re: Can't wait to see Philly in 5 years.

Let me point you in the direction of the Minnesota Timberwolves...

yeah they'll be must see tv soon

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Let me point you in the direction of the Minnesota Timberwolves...
    5 years is never enough for Minny lol

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

They won't be able to keep everyone in five years if everyone pans out. Should be interesting in two or three though.

If they stay healthy.

5 years of guaranteed shit, for a possible pretty good future. And they're praised for it...Modern NBA, ladies and gents.

Bad idea. They're pretty much just promoting a losing culture, it won't just turn around. As above, look at minny.. Players will leave etc they won't just all peak in 5 years when they finish tanking

Should have drafted someone to actually play with there 2nd pick, not that euro scrub. I like the Embiid pick, is he really out all season though????

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Bad idea. They're pretty much just promoting a losing culture, it won't just turn around. As above, look at minny.. Players will leave etc they won't just all peak in 5 years when they finish tanking

Should have drafted someone to actually play with there 2nd pick, not that euro scrub. I like the Embiid pick, is he really out all season though????
    Euro scrub

2010 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship: All-Tournament Team, MVP
    Citt

Quote Originally Posted by coin24

I have to admit that I really do worry about the losing culture thing. MCW was already developing some bad habits at the end of last season and I really hope that doesn't continue. It is one reason I was kind of hoping we would land Jabari just because the kid is a natural leader/winner.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

People act like you can just change from a losing culture to a winning culture like its as straightforward as changing a lightbulb. Winning is a product of having a certain mindset and establishing habits over months and years, when your goal is to lose as many games as possible that mentality is infectious.

The team that just raped Miami in the Finals last had a lottery pick when?

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by west_tip
    People act like you can just change from a losing culture to a winning culture like its as straightforward as changing a lightbulb. Winning is a product of having a certain mindset and establishing habits over months and years, when your goal is to lose as many games as possible that mentality is infectious.

The team that just raped Miami in the Finals last had a lottery pick when?
    That's just it, they are changing the culture. They are in the middle of a complete rebuild and are looking towards the future and trying to be competitive for years to come. You're totally missing the point. Please tell me what their other options were and how much better they would be next year or the year after had they chosen those options. What they did do was in consecutive years, draft the players who were regarded as the number one picks before injury, the rookie of the year and the best European prospect. Whether Saric plays here for a year or overseas for a year or two what's the difference? They won't have to pay him so his contract doesn't start this year which essentially means they get a year or two of development for free and they got their first round pick back and a second round pick. I'm thrilled with this draft.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    That's just it, they are changing the culture. They are in the middle of a complete rebuild and are looking towards the future and trying to be competitive for years to come.
    if it ain't the players, it's the coach, if it ain't the coach, it's the staff.

if it ain't the staff, it's the owner.

Lets stop talking about players, and maybe we can talk about the coach.

But I don't follow the 76ers to tell you anything about their staff.
    Answer this though, are they in the middle of a complete rebuild of their STAFF?!?!?!

if not, you are more than welcome to tell the players they got losers "genes"

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    That's just it, they are changing the culture. They are in the middle of a complete rebuild and are looking towards the future and trying to be competitive for years to come. You're totally missing the point. Please tell me what their other options were and how much better they would be next year or the year after had they chosen those options. What they did do was in consecutive years, draft the players who were regarded as the number one picks before injury, the rookie of the year and the best European prospect. Whether Saric plays here for a year or overseas for a year or two what's the difference? They won't have to pay him so his contract doesn't start this year which essentially means they get a year or two of development for free and they got their first round pick back and a second round pick. I'm thrilled with this draft.
    The problem is you're mortgaging your whole future on a couple of kids who weren't able to stay healthy for ONE season of college ball, nevermind an 82 game season. There's a reason why those kids fell and there is a significant risk in taking them.

Anyway, the problem with the draft was that the Sixers took no-one who will make an impact for the club next season so guys like MCW and Noel are being nurtured in an environment where losing is commonplace and is actually seen as desirable. The effect will be cancerous.

[QUOTE=SuperCereal]Euro scrub

2010 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship: All-Tournament Team, MVP
    Citt