Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Default Re: Mortal Kombat X

29 character roster? Wow. All confirmed.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/mortal-kombat-10/Fighters

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Very nice. So I am assuming you will be putting in some time to get good at the game? Lets run some games a few days after release dude. I am trying to get as many people on my friends list who will be playing MKX. As finding randoms to play online can be annoying with the rage.
    I'll put in some time but get good at the game? No way I was bad at mk9 and I was complete trash at Injustice.

If you want easy wins go ahead and add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    I'll put in some time but get good at the game? No way I was bad at mk9 and I was complete trash at Injustice.

If you want easy wins go ahead and add me.
    Since you're buying it, I say go all in and put some time into it to learn. I am betting you will improve. Maybe playing me can help you get better, man. I usually am pretty trash at new fighting games for about a month.

If you ever need some MKX info, combos, tips, frame data, explanations, whatever...go to www.testyourmight.com The forums are loaded with info that could help a lot. There are individual character forums so you can find info to specific characters. Test Your Might is the Mecca of Mortal Kombat info.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Since you're buying it, I say go all in and put some time into it to learn. I am betting you will improve. Maybe playing me can help you get better, man. I usually am pretty trash at new fighting games for about a month.

If you ever need some MKX info, combos, tips, frame data, explanations, whatever...go to www.testyourmight.com The forums are loaded with info that could help a lot. There are individual character forums so you can find info to specific characters. Test Your Might is the Mecca of Mortal Kombat info.
    TYM is awesome. We discovered it a couple of years ago and started using it religiously. A group of 7-8 of my friends used to get together every week for MK9 tourneys....we'd each pick 5 characters and throw all the names in a hat. Then we'd pick 2 names each round for a battle, and whoever lost got that character eliminated. Continue on until only one remains, and he was crowned MK champion for the week. Literally "crowned"....we bought a crown from a Halloween costume store. Friendships were forever changed lol. Hoping to keep the tradition with this one.

The more and more I see of this game, the more I get hyped about it. Started skimming through a half hour play-through of the storyline, and I see they're picking up almost exactly where they left off in MK9. Graphics look great, x-rays and all the finishers are pretty intense, and the story seems pretty interesting.

Can't wait. Already got the preorder and planning on pulling an all-nighter Monday night and a half day of work on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    TYM is awesome. We discovered it a couple of years ago and started using it religiously. A group of 7-8 of my friends used to get together every week for MK9 tourneys....we'd each pick 5 characters and throw all the names in a hat. Then we'd pick 2 names each round for a battle, and whoever lost got that character eliminated. Continue on until only one remains, and he was crowned MK champion for the week. Literally "crowned"....we bought a crown from a Halloween costume store. Friendships were forever changed lol. Hoping to keep the tradition with this one.

The more and more I see of this game, the more I get hyped about it. Started skimming through a half hour play-through of the storyline, and I see they're picking up almost exactly where they left off in MK9. Graphics look great, x-rays and all the finishers are pretty intense, and the story seems pretty interesting.

Can't wait. Already got the preorder and planning on pulling an all-nighter Monday night and a half day of work on Tuesday.
    What console are you on these days dude? There really are no better games for local play with friends. Do you still post on TYM? If you do, you will see me around on the user name "Perdition".

No lie, I requested Tuesday off like two months ago. Hahah, MK is serious business. I am going to hit up tourneys for this one. From a competitive stand point, this game will be way better than MK9. Hit exchanges added, no invincibility frames for wake up attacks, and a stamina bar that limits your backdashing(though back dashing does have some invincibility frames, which is awesome considering it take some stamina meter)..those things right there are huge for me.

This game lives up to the hype...holy shit.

Still getting used to the new mechanics. This game will have a longer learning curve than MK9 and Injustice. But still, I could see casual gamers having a lot of fun with this game. Especially the Test Your Luck mode, it's both online and offline.

Buy this shit. 9.5/10...but take that with a grain of salt. I am an MK/Netherrealm Studios fanboy.

I'm up playing it too. Running through story mode though...I was way too curious to see what direction Netherrealm would take it to immediately jump into another game mode. I'm on Chapter 6 and have been pretty impressed so far! I gotta get me an arcade stick though...the D-Pad isn't as fluid as I'd like it to be, although I'm sure I said the same thing about MK9 before I got acclimated to it.

Bought this last night. Pretty cool.

I suck though and need to practice. Sure i can beat computer on medium but i know thats not hard to do at all.

still waiting for mine to be delivered

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Crap! Noob is missing out!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    Bought this last night. Pretty cool.

I suck though and need to practice. Sure i can beat computer on medium but i know thats not hard to do at all.
    Yeah, I considered myself to be well above average at MK9 and the CPU in MKX wipes the floor with me on the two top difficulty settings. I just beat the story last night, so I think I'm going to do some work on practice mode on chaining combos together.

For those who haven't played through story mode, definitely check it out. The storyline is pretty intense, but I think it ended really abruptly. I didn't even realize I was fighting the final boss until after I had beaten him. And keep watching through the credits...halfway through they allude to possibly making a sequel. Not quite as dramatically as they did at the end of MK9, but still.

Anybody chosen a faction?

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Brotherhood of Shadow for me.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Brotherhood of Shadow for me.
    I'm White Lotus, but I won't play online until I'm good at the game.

I completed the training mode and did a bit of practice. Did a 1v1 vs CPU. Kung Lao vs random (Reptile was chosen) and beat him but messed up the combination to do the fatility

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    White Lotus. Flower power, bitches.