Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Davis better then Blake Griffin?

Davis is better. More athletic. Snowflake Griffin is too white to go against Davis.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey4trading
    i would take Davis > Blake EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR

Even on April Fools Day?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AirMike's Avatar

The potencial is there, I'm looking forward to seeing him improve...

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

No one in their right mind would take Griffin over Davis...

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Stopped reading there

I lied, had to keep reading how stupid some people are.

Let's say Irving is Arenas while Bledsoe is Mini-LeBron.
    LeBron is miles better than Arenas, yeah?

how is it even possible to be that stupid

Good High School Starter

blake griffin is not even better than david west...his game is incredibly flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    blake griffin is not even better than david west...his game is incredibly flawed
    He's better than Josh Childress

5-time NBA All-Star

If the Clippers had another superstar they would be contending for the top seed out west. Blake simply isn't aggressive enough to be the major factor he should be. I think Faried is far behind the both of them in terms of talent, touch and skill but I trust him in a big game more so than either because of his mentality of going hard at his work. I'm not saying Faried's better but I trust he will have a better game when it counts.

Too often I am apt to say Blake is a better player but he isn't likely to have a better game. If he isn't aggressive in the playoffs he just isn't the player we thought him to be and just have to dismiss him as not being a star player anymore. I think Blake plays a good game but there is no way I would trust him to carry the team or depend on him to have a stellar game. He is a major hit or miss. A superstar has star games, much less big games. Its two years now, the moniker has been stretched long enough. His play isn't suggesting superstar despite the fact his team needs him to be more than the way he has been playing.

I said this in the beginning of the year and the Clipper fans came at me. After seeing them drop from 3 to 5 without a superstar game from Blake in March or April (save maybe the not so good shooting game against the Lakers a couple of days ago). That just shouldn't be. Anthony Davis has had monster games without another Superstar to ease the game for him. We scrap the slate for or against him and let him earn what name he deserves in the post season.

Banned

If the Cletics flame out in the postseason and decide to blow it up, Clippers might wanna make an inquiry about getting Paul Pierce. Theyd have to give up Bledsoe Im sure and some other assets but Pierce would take scoring pressure off the frontcourt and allow Griffin and Jordan to focus more on working the boards, playing defense, and of course throwing down tomahawks.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Anthony Davis has had monster games without another Superstar to ease the game for him.
    What is this revisionist history where Blake Griffin has never had monster games without other superstars?

How quickly you forget his rookie season where he was dropping 30+ pretty often, with 40 point games thrown in.

Anthony Davis may very well become better but you guys are seriously underrating Blake Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Did he take a step back last year for the bench too? He's the only superstar that I have ever seen in which his stats have gone down each of his first 3 years.

2010/2011 - 22.5/12.1/3.8
    2011/2012 - 20.7/7.6/3.2
    2012/2013 - 18.2/6.1/3.7

I'd be interested to know if there are any other stars that have seen their stats drop for their first 3 seasons. Usually players get better after the rookie year.

Not sure where you're getting your stats from but these were his avgs for those years

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...griffbl01.html

2010/2011 - 22.5/12.1/3.8 on 50% @ 38MPG
    2011/2012 - 20.7/10.9/3.2 on 55% @ 36MPG
    2012/2013 - 18.2/8.4/3.7 on 54% @ 32MPG

Yes the numbers have fallen but so have the minutes. I have no doubt he can avg his rookie year nbrs if he plays the same minutes. Its obvious he can play 38mins a game indicated by his rookie year playing all 82 games but the Clippers find a better balance within the team if he plays around 32-33 minutes. Anyway the box score wont tell you tell how much Griffin has improved his game defensively as well.

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Griffin is better and will be for a while.

- Felt

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    He's much better than David West.

-Felt

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Did he take a step back last year for the bench too? He's the only superstar that I have ever seen in which his stats have gone down each of his first 3 years.

2010/2011 - 22.5/12.1/3.8
    2011/2012 - 20.7/7.6/3.2
    2012/2013 - 18.2/6.1/3.7

I'd be interested to know if there are any other stars that have seen their stats drop for their first 3 seasons. Usually players get better after the rookie year.

look at the clippers team now compared to his rookie season. there is a shitload more talent, so he has taken a reduced role for the good of the team. if you watch him now compared to his rookie season you can tell he has definitely improved a lot.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by PieceOfFelt
    He's much better than David West.

-Felt
    just athletically