Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Default Re: 2010 NBA MVP Predictions

I agree, RocketGreatness (and thanks). I would not be surprised if the Rockets were a 60 win team next year and if that happens the credit will go to Yao. I hope he can stay healthy next year. It is a shame we did not get to see what the Rockets could have done with a healthy Yao this season. Next year they will be even better with T Mac back.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Kobe is more than Likely going to be top 2. Most likely they will be the #1 seed in the West(again) coming off a championship, with Kobe having finals MVP.

Having 27/5/5 on 47% shooting while on the #1 team in the conference,(quite possibly the best record in the NBA if Bynum stays healthy all year) is definitely the resume of a top 2 MVP candidate.

I don't think he'll win it, but he's gotta be top 2 or at the very least top 3. Howard still has holes in his game, and he still isn't the one hitting big 4th quarter shots(Hedo and Lewis are). Howard is an absolute monster, but I don't see how he will be above Kobe unless Magic get the #1 seed in the NBA. Very doubtful to me because the Cavs, Lakers and Celtics healthy are all better than the Magic.

Lebron is going to have the stats and will probably win it back to back. I think he'll be back to averaging 30/7/7 next year especially with his improved jumpshot.

Wade will have the stats, but he won't have the team record to win MVP especially with Lebron/Kobe/Howard putting up similar stats with much better team success.

The least talked about MVP candidate is Chris Paul. He is a legit 20/10 player who can get you 2 steals a game. His team had an off year(or maybe they just overachieved the year before when they were #2 in the west), but if they can put it all together he can have the right combination of great stats and team success to be in the top 3 of MVP voting

My rankings are:
    1.Lebron
    2.Kobe
    3.Howard
    4.Paul
    5.Wade

Those are the only ones that actually have a chance of MVP, so I'll only make my list 5 long.

LeBron is going to win it. He's going to have an even better season next year which is scary. He's going to have a better altogether outside shooting game and get even better at the line and he will take things into his hands even further because he was so pissed at not making the Finals this season.

It just seems like he has that kind of MJ/Kobe passion and work ethic when he gets pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    LeBron is going to win it. He's going to have an even better season next year which is scary. He's going to have a better altogether outside shooting game and get even better at the line and he will take things into his hands even further because he was so pissed at not making the Finals this season.

It just seems like he has that kind of MJ/Kobe passion and work ethic when he gets pissed.
    I dont think its even possible for him to have a better season. Well that much better. I would watch out for Amare though, he was having a great year until the eye thing.

1. Lebron
    2. Wade ( if healthy, he's injury prone tho)
    3. Dwight Howard
    4. Kobe
    5. CP3

Chris Paul deserves more MVP consideration than he gets/will get though.

Amare is not an MVP candidate, and he wasn't having a great year actually, not by his standards.

In 07 he put up 25/9 on 59% shooting and wasn't in the top 5 in MVP voting.

This year he was averaging 21/8 on 53% shooting. Wouldn't have been in the discussion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jmill
    Amare is not an MVP candidate, and he wasn't having a great year actually, not by his standards.

In 07 he put up 25/9 on 59% shooting and wasn't in the top 5 in MVP voting.

This year he was averaging 21/8 on 53% shooting. Wouldn't have been in the discussion at all.
    That was because of the coaching style of terry porter. But this year, I think that he will carry the Suns.

Amare won't and shouldn't win any MVP's until he steps his game up a bit. You know, actually play some defense, develop some better offensive moves, improve rebounding...

Actually, I think Dwight is going to get better and be a bigger asset to his team in the future. That being said, Lebron should have it locked.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Amare won't and shouldn't win any MVP's until he steps his game up a bit. You know, actually play some defense, develop some better offensive moves, improve rebounding...

Actually, I think Dwight is going to get better and be a bigger asset to his team in the future. That being said, Lebron should have it locked.
    Now you are a great poster and we seem to agree on a lot of things, but Lebron? IDK. I know one thing though, all the people who are putting Kobe in the top three are delusional. Come on. Anyways, Wade should have won it this year and we dont know how Lebron is going to react to the scrutiny and his tarnished image.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Now you are a great poster and we seem to agree on a lot of things, but Lebron? IDK. I know one thing though, all the people who are putting Kobe in the top three are delusional. Come on. Anyways, Wade should have won it this year and we dont know how Lebron is going to react to the scrutiny and his tarnished image.
    You are an idiot if you think that LeBron wouldn't improve as a player. For Christ sakes he averaged 35.3 ppg, 9.8 rpg, and 8 apg in the 2009 NBA Playoffs.

I can see him averaging 32.3 ppg, 9 rebounds, 7 apg, and 51 FG% next season

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    You are an idiot if you think that LeBron wouldn't improve as a player. For Christ sakes he averaged 35.3 ppg, 9.8 rpg, and 8 apg in the 2009 NBA Playoffs.

I never said he wouldnt improve.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    The only way he averages those numbers is if his team does not upgrade. I thought you said he is going to win the championship next season too???

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Lol.....I honestly think the way things are in the NBA...he should have it locked. IMO, the only reason Wade didn't win it is because his team was worst than Lebrons. Still, you have the best SF in the game, pretty dominant so far, and not even at his peak yet. I think he react fine from all the bull**** during the playoffs and his image will be bigger than ever. Watch, it's only a matter of time before all the 2010 FA talks come about and it's Lebron-mania all over again.

Him being on the Cavs, in the Eastern Conference, and basically acting as a PG for his team (even though they need to move **** around in order to win anything IMO), will keep the eyes on him. Most likely, his numbers will be the same as last year and he's obviously the biggest star in the league.

As far as MVP goes, you have Lebron,Kobe,Wade, and Howard. Howard and Kobe won't win it because they have a pretty good supporting cast around them and their importance isn't as big as Lebron or Wade's is. All the talk of CP3 or anybody else is ridiculous...

Let me explain myself....Lebron or Wade for the next 2-3 years. I'm giving the edge to Lebron though, seeing as I feel kinda bad for Wade in Miami lol..

Learning to shoot layups Baller_Ctrain's Avatar

Kobe will win it... But watch Big Al rise up next year! He will be a top 10 player, mark my word...

Quote Originally Posted by Baller_Ctrain
    Kobe will win it... But watch Big Al rise up next year! He will be a top 10 player, mark my word...
    Kobe? I dont think so.