Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

I'm finishing up my New Game+ run of Bastion. One of the best games I've ever played. 20+ years of gaming and probably thousands of games, Bastion would be top 10. The last sequence SPOILER[COLOR="White"](especially, if you save Zulf)[/COLOR]SPOILER and ending are amazing in terms of production and storytelling.

Well, I'm finally starting Skyrim. Just bought my first house. I want to go through the first time on my own without any kind of Internet help even if I screw up my character (if that's even possible).

NBA lottery pick

Been thinking of getting a Gameboy Advance recently. I've been playing some games on an emulator, but it's just not the same as the original hardware. I never had an advance, so there's a lot of titles I've missed out on.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Well, I'm finally starting Skyrim. Just bought my first house. I want to go through the first time on my own without any kind of Internet help even if I screw up my character (if that's even possible).
    Skyrim made a real good first impression for me. The world seemed huge and just walking to a quest you could stumble across some cool stuff. Eventually you get to a point where quests just don't feel as exciting, and you just quick travel anywhere instead of exploring. I still got a lot of hours into it before I started getting bored with it though.

NBA lottery pick

System Shock 2 just became available on GOG recently, so I've been playing through that. It's interesting to compare this game to where bioshock is now. They've definitely simplified a lot of the mechanics, for better and worse I think. Good game though, really great atmosphere. On another note I'm really starting to like GOG, it's cool that they're trying to make a lot of these older games available.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Been thinking of getting a Gameboy Advance recently. I've been playing some games on an emulator, but it's just not the same as the original hardware. I never had an advance, so there's a lot of titles I've missed out on.
    I might be late, but make sure you get the Game Boy Advance SP. It's more than a little superior to the other iterations.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I might be late, but make sure you get the Game Boy Advance SP. It's more than a little superior to the other iterations.
    Haven't picked one up yet, but that'll probably be the one I get. I've read that it can get uncomfortable for longer sessions, did you ever find that to be an issue?

All I've been playing lately is NBA 2K13 online, mostly Team Match-Up.

I just bought Deus Ex Human Evolution and I really like it. Nice stealth, exploration, and story.

Wow, Deus Ex: Human Evolution had a pretty weak ending with a bunch of loose ends not even addressed.

edit - I did never play the original Deus Ex tho some things might not make sense to me. For example, the "call me Bob" scene after the credits probably means something that I don't know.

The more I think about it tho, I liked the endings. Pretty good monologues with a lot of room for interpretation. The game was very good tho. Awesome visuals, soundtrack, voice acting, etc.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 05-18-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Dat flyboy. I picked that game up on a steam sale for like 4.99. Best $5 I spent on a game in a long time.

You know, it might seem a little silly - but I've been addicted to playing UNO on XBL. It can be a good break from the normal gaming.

Has anyone here played Darksiders? The first one? I have it, just never got around to playing it. Thinking about giving it a try.

I just bought the God of War saga. I've only played the 1st two God of Wars & I never finished God of War II, so I figure I might as well play it now.

Just bought Fallout 3 and started playing. It is a pretty addicting game. I hate wondering the Wasteland tho because of all those ****ing mutated animals. I hate to waste ammo on some animal that won't leave me alone. I had a lot of ammo stored up but wasted most of it on that fire ant side mission.

Been playing a ton of Injustice lately, just beat story mode and I'm trying to get the trophy for beating all the battle modes. Then onto the Mission Labs.