Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    It'll be fine, just like Diablo 3 turned out to be perfectly playable despite the persistent DRM.

The cities look too small to me though. Isn't the best part of Simcity creating huge, sprawling cities? Can't really do that with such a tiny ass grid.
    It is small, and the game is centered around the region thing. After completing my first city, I worked on a second city to complement it. There weren't enough people in my first city who needed jobs.

IMO, multiplayer was the focus of the project, and it changed the way the game is played. I've wasted half the day playing it, so I'm enjoying it right now. Still, it isn't really simcity in the same way AoE3 isn't AoE2.

I wouldn't recommend it at full price. Simcity doesn't support mods at launch(EA says it will eventually). It feels too limited.

NBA lottery pick

For anyone that has a 3DS and is into old school RPGs, you owe it to yourself to try out the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo. The demo did a great job of selling me on this game, and I've been hooked ever since I bought it.

I've been playing the newest Mortal Kombat for a few days now trying to get some of the online trophies. I'm destroying people in ranked matches with Quan Chi....plus, seeing his fatality never EVER gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Ok, I had been playing Final Fantasy 13 off and on for about a year and a half (thanks NBA 2k11-12), and decided it was finally time to wrap things up, going into Final Fantasy 13-2. I am SOOO glad I did it this way, because it makes the games feel like an overall "Whole" and not separate games. Plus it helps me to not constantly compare one game against the other.

While Final Fantasy13 deals with a threat to a world, and the need to stop it by a group of people, FF13-2 deals with the consequences of stopping and/or NOT stopping the events of FF13 from happening and the aftermath, via Time Travel.

They both have their pluses and minuses, but I will say, having jumped back on the horse with these games, I've actually been enjoying myself. Having a fast paced battle system has helped me enjoy these games a LOT more than I ever did the Late 90s-early 2000s Final Fantasies.
    I wish I could have gotten into FF13 a little more...I literally bought it and returned it twice not advancing more than an hour or to into it. I know the reward's down the line, but it starts out soooooo slow.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    I wish I could have gotten into FF13 a little more...I literally bought it and returned it twice not advancing more than an hour or to into it. I know the reward's down the line, but it starts out soooooo slow.
    Exactly. That's why I mentioned I was playing it "off and on" for 2 years lol. Games that take time to build aren't really "flawed" per se. But when you're used to "instant reward" type games, they can seem slow as hell. FF13 is like that, and they do their best to compensate by making the battles as fast as possible.

My thinking was that they could have had the characters "get to their points" quicker, which although it would have made the game shorter, it would have also made the game more better recieved. Nobody's life in this game is really that damn complicated. I think the game's length more had to due with the creators wanting to hold onto the "Long for the sake of being long" tradition of old school RPGs, when those days are pretty much over IMO.

They really don't need to do that anymore IMO. The best approach is simply keeping the player as engaged and involved as possible.

I've been playing through God of War II, and I'm currently more than halfway done. After that its God of War III, followed by Ascension (only buying it after I beat every other GOW game).

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bcogswell
    I've been playing through God of War II, and I'm currently more than halfway done. After that its God of War III, followed by Ascension (only buying it after I beat every other GOW game).
    I'm picking up my copy of God of War Ascension tonight. I'm almost done with Farcry 3 which has been great. Tomb Raider will follow Ascension. By the way, God of War 3 is awesome and epic.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I'm picking up my copy of God of War Ascension tonight. I'm almost done with Farcry 3 which has been great. Tomb Raider will follow Ascension. By the way, God of War 3 is awesome and epic.
    Alright sweet. God of War is essentially the reason I decided to pick up a PS3 to go along with my 360. I've loved the series ever since I played it on PSP, and from the looks of the demo it will stay that way for a while.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

I just got the God of War Saga (1-3, the 2 PSP games) for $20 new at Gamestop because of the Ascension promotion. I've had a playstation since the PS1 release but I've never played God of War before. Going to start soon after I make some more progress in my RTTS guy in The Show.

I beat aliens colonial marines today, may i never play another garbage game again.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

It seems Nintendo has decided to make 2013 The Year of the Luigi

Thumbs down Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    It seems Nintendo has decided to make 2013 The Year of the Luigi
    you don't even play games

It's been a while since I've looked at the XBLA, so I checked it out again recently and tried a bunch of trial versions of games:

A Kingdom for Keflings
    A World of Keflings
    Sealife Safari - I tried these 3 because they were very small downloads, but they were all cutesy type games that I would tire of quickly.

Risk Factions
    Defenders of Ardania
    Defense Grid - These 3 aren't bad games of their type, but I see no reason to pay for any of them when I can play better games of their type for free.

Age of Booty - Decent enough, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to the game.

Perfect Dark - It's been a while since I've played it, but I don't remember it being that lackluster.

Portal - I was disappointed. I flew through all 11 or 12 of the levels in the trial version. I was wondering where the difficulty was. I've heard this series has gotten a lot praise, but I wasn't really impressed with the trial version.

Red Alert 3 - I just didn't care for this version.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - What the hell, all you can do is play a local game against another person and you can only pick from 6 characters. Way too limiting to get me interested.

Minecraft - I guess I can see why people get addicted to it, but I don't think I'll be one of them.

Torchlight - It's like Diablo, so I liked it. I may have to consider getting 1 or both.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    It's been a while since I've looked at the XBLA, so I checked it out again recently and tried a bunch of trial versions of games:

A Kingdom for Keflings
    A World of Keflings
    Sealife Safari - I tried these 3 because they were very small downloads, but they were all cutesy type games that I would tire of quickly.

Risk Factions
    Defenders of Ardania
    Defense Grid - These 3 aren't bad games of their type, but I see no reason to pay for any of them when I can play better games of their type for free.

Age of Booty - Decent enough, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to the game.

Perfect Dark - It's been a while since I've played it, but I don't remember it being that lackluster.

Portal - I was disappointed. I flew through all 11 or 12 of the levels in the trial version. I was wondering where the difficulty was. I've heard this series has gotten a lot praise, but I wasn't really impressed with the trial version.

Red Alert 3 - I just didn't care for this version.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - What the hell, all you can do is play a local game against another person and you can only pick from 6 characters. Way too limiting to get me interested.

Minecraft - I guess I can see why people get addicted to it, but I don't think I'll be one of them.

Torchlight - It's like Diablo, so I liked it. I may have to consider getting 1 or both.
    I have a thread for XBLA and PSN titles, I haven't really looked on there recently though.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=238568

NBA lottery pick

Was looking through the 3DS eshop the other day and found a demo for a game called HarmoKnight which was developed by Game Freak. Tried it out and thought it was awesome, plays a lot like Bit. Trip Runner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeehg1GycKs