Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Currently I've almost completely moved to handhelds. Been playing Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Hatsune Miku's Project Diva F on the Vita.

Then Pokemon Black version 2 and Fire Emblem: Awakening on 3DS.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Ok, I had been playing Final Fantasy 13 off and on for about a year and a half (thanks NBA 2k11-12), and decided it was finally time to wrap things up, going into Final Fantasy 13-2. I am SOOO glad I did it this way, because it makes the games feel like an overall "Whole" and not separate games. Plus it helps me to not constantly compare one game against the other.

While Final Fantasy13 deals with a threat to a world, and the need to stop it by a group of people, FF13-2 deals with the consequences of stopping and/or NOT stopping the events of FF13 from happening and the aftermath, via Time Travel.

They both have their pluses and minuses, but I will say, having jumped back on the horse with these games, I've actually been enjoying myself. Having a fast paced battle system has helped me enjoy these games a LOT more than I ever did the Late 90s-early 2000s Final Fantasies.

NBA lottery pick

Just got Devil Survivor 2 in the mail. It is impossible to find Atlus games a few months after they're released, ordering them online seems like the only way to get a hold of them.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Finished up Saints Row 3. Fun game. Really fun game. Rockstar's RDR and GTA lose a lot of that with the focus centered around storytelling. Games like this, and Elder Scrolls too, I've found a good chunk of my time is spent interacting with the world around me and causing as much mayhem as I can. There's a limit to creativity of things I can do in this game, but I didn't reach that point until around 60 hours. I didn't find the story interesting at all after the first hour, and it was the last thing I finished once I was bored with the rest of the stuff.

Also, playing a bit of Planetside2 and Guild Wars 2. I like the direction both are taking MMO's. I can play with people, a lot of people, without having to be their friend, invite them to a party, or compete with them in the world. I never played Guild Wars, so 2 is entirely new to me. It's a lot more inviting than any other MMORPG, since I am rewarded for killing things with other people. The story doesn't stall at some point where I need to sit around asking for a group.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I totally forgot until now that I have Saints Row 3 as part of that THQ "going out of business" bundle.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I'd forgotten how intense Bioshock can be and that playing it as the last thing you do before bed isn't really the best thing in the world to wind you down.

Quote Originally Posted by takai
    Currently I've almost completely moved to handhelds. Been playing Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Hatsune Miku's Project Diva F on the Vita.

Man, f[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR] these handhelds.

I really want to play Fire Emblem and Persona 4 Golden, but I can't afford to spend 150-250 on a single game.

NBA lottery pick

I've been getting some good use out of my 3DS and DS lately. I'd say the 3DS library is large enough now that it's worth picking up.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

This is what happens when 3 million people try to play on Origin's crappy servers.

I AM SO SORRY I BOUGHT THIS GAME, March 5, 2013
    By
    Michael Galesky "JC PRES" (Johnson Creek, WI, US) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    This review is from: SimCity - Limited Edition [Download] (Software Download)
    I wish I could give a review of the game itself but after waiting so long to finally play it, Origin/EA won't let us! You have to be online to play?!?! I remember when you paid for a game, installed it, then played it. Period. Now, they require you to sign up for Origin (sure just try to choose 'invisible', I dare you) and even if you opt for the physical disc, you can't successfully install because servers are busy!! I can't understand why a company who clearly put alot into developing this game would then make the experience simply awful before you even have a (remote) chance of playing it!!
    Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    This is what happens when 3 million people try to play on Origin's crappy servers.
    It's a real shame, I was real interested in the idea of a new Sim City. I did pick up Sim City 4 in a steam sale though I haven't really touched it. Maybe I'll look into some mods and give that a run instead.

It'll be fine, just like Diablo 3 turned out to be perfectly playable despite the persistent DRM.

The cities look too small to me though. Isn't the best part of Simcity creating huge, sprawling cities? Can't really do that with such a tiny ass grid.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    It'll be fine, just like Diablo 3 turned out to be perfectly playable despite the persistent DRM.

The cities look too small to me though. Isn't the best part of Simcity creating huge, sprawling cities? Can't really do that with such a tiny ass grid.
    That's what bugged me looking at videos. Seems confined to such a small area.

Banned

Gonna try out the final ME3 DLC "Citadel" today. Don't think it's worth $15 but that $10 from Sony will go towards it

NBA lottery pick

http://www.moddb.com/mods/simmars

SimMars, now that sounds like something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by takai

Fire Emblem. The only game that knocked Pokemon off on my schedule. I miss playing Fire Emblem on my gameboy.