Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    Dear diary,

Still playing DotA (6.74c) in WC3 after 7 years. I'm ready for a new game/franchise to hold my attention.

DotA 2

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    DotA 2
    Well that's obvious...or go SC2 !

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    DotA 2
    Tried the beta. I didn't really like it. It felt too sluggish and unresponsive. DotA 2 and League of Legends just don't do it for me. I think I'm too accustomed to the quality of the engine, graphics and gameplay that Blizz created with WC3.

But I'd settle for a new game that isn't RTS too. A great MMORPG would be nice. Or a different online hack-n-slash. I played D3 for a while. Got a few characters to 60 and made it as far as I could through inferno, but it just pales in comparison to the fun I had in D2. Probably in big part due to the lack of pvp.

I think the 2000s will turn out to be the golden era of online PC gaming, while the 2010s are shaping up to be the dark ages of online PC gaming. The 2000s had EverQuest, DaoC, FFXI, WoW, D2, WC3, CounterStrike, the original Call of Duty's. The 2010s will have, what... FFXIV, World of Pandas, D3, Guild Wars 2, and the Nth sequel of CoD?

Microsoft has renewed the trademark for Killer Instinct

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Trying to balance Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2 and all the unplayed/unfinished PS3 games sitting on my shelf.

As much as I love my PS3, nothing compares to good PC gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    Tried the beta. I didn't really like it. It felt too sluggish and unresponsive. DotA 2 and League of Legends just don't do it for me. I think I'm too accustomed to the quality of the engine, graphics and gameplay that Blizz created with WC3.

But I'd settle for a new game that isn't RTS too. A great MMORPG would be nice. Or a different online hack-n-slash. I played D3 for a while. Got a few characters to 60 and made it as far as I could through inferno, but it just pales in comparison to the fun I had in D2. Probably in big part due to the lack of pvp.

I think the 2000s will turn out to be the golden era of online PC gaming, while the 2010s are shaping up to be the dark ages of online PC gaming. The 2000s had EverQuest, DaoC, FFXI, WoW, D2, WC3, CounterStrike, the original Call of Duty's. The 2010s will have, what... FFXIV, World of Pandas, D3, Guild Wars 2, and the Nth sequel of CoD?
    I agree partially, but how could you forget to mention SC:BW for 2000s era ??? HOW ? Anyways, sc:bw is superior to sc2, but sc2 is going the right direction, and we can remember that starcraft became great after expansion, and sc2 first expansion is yet to come.

Anyways, people these days choose games not because of quality... you can't blame developers too much.

3-time NBA All-Star

One last Association play-through on 2k12 before I get 2k13 next week.

I recently switched from XBox to PS3, and never got around to the post-lockout roster update with rookies, free agents, and trades.... so the base roster was pretty outdated.

I basically brought Lebron back to a bare-bones Cleveland Cavaliers team.

After making some solid trades, unloading most of the cumbersome contracts, and simulating the first season....

Entering the free agency period with $20-million in cap space, I was able to sign Chris Paul to a max-superstar deal and DeAndre Jordan to a 5-year, $5-million base year deal.

PG: Chris Paul - C.J. Watson
    SG: Arron Afflalo - Danny Green
    SF: Lebron James - Ryan Anderson
    PF: Taj Gibson - Marcus Camby
    C: DeAndre Jordan - Anderson Varejao

What can people tell me about Witcher 2? I know based on rep that its an awesome RPG but is the combat fun at all? I'm not terribly interested in the whole magic and dragon fantasy setting but the game might be too good to pass up.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    What can people tell me about Witcher 2? I know based on rep that its an awesome RPG but is the combat fun at all? I'm not terribly interested in the whole magic and dragon fantasy setting but the game might be too good to pass up.
    Combat is solid. It has a bit of a "rhythm" based element to it like Arkham Asylum/City. You need to time attacks properly. Your signs (magic) plays a part in combat too. You can also equip secondary throwing weapons (daggers) and use bombs/traps in combat.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I played it on the 360 and loved it. The combat is solid like Q said

Bought Witcher 2 and Red Dead Redemption based on ISH recommendations. Prob wont play them until after I play AC3 tho.

NBA lottery pick

Started playing Homeworld. Really liked when I first played it, but I didn't get far in the campaign, so I kind of wanted to come back to it.

Regarding Gears of War 3 (online - Team Deathmatch)

You have four teammates, all five of you should not run to the same place. There are typically two power weapons, three if you count frags/flames grenades. If we all run into the same damn place, that leaves two other strong weapons free for the other team to pick up.

If you and another teammate go somewhere together, don't run away when things get heavy, it basically leaves your teammate to get slaughtered because what was once a 2-on-2, is now 2-on-1 (or worst, 3-on-1) because you decided to hide in cover or away when you should have been on the attack.

I'm not even that great at this game, but i understand enough to work with the team. Most people play this game as if its 1on1 and all the extra people out there are just spectators so you should totally ignore them and just pull out your shotgun and take on the world.

I don't care if we lose the match to a better team, but i don't want to lose because we didn't have a team at all.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Regarding Gears of War 3 (online - Team Deathmatch)

You have four teammates, all five of you should not run to the same place. There are typically two power weapons, three if you count frags/flames grenades. If we all run into the same damn place, that leaves two other strong weapons free for the other team to pick up.

If you and another teammate go somewhere together, don't run away when things get heavy, it basically leaves your teammate to get slaughtered because what was once a 2-on-2, is now 2-on-1 (or worst, 3-on-1) because you decided to hide in cover or away when you should have been on the attack.

I'm not even that great at this game, but i understand enough to work with the team. Most people play this game as if its 1on1 and all the extra people out there are just spectators so you should totally ignore them and just pull out your shotgun and take on the world.

I don't care if we lose the match to a better team, but i don't want to lose because we didn't have a team at all.

Man I haven't played gow3 online before. But I like the way you think ad makes me want to chuck it on lol