Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Looking Back, Hard To Believe I Supported Hibbert the Way I did.......

What can I say......I'm a fan of the team, not a stan of a player and I was just supporting a member of the team....But I can't do it anymore......He's letting Chris Anderson, Chris Bosh, Chris Rock, Chris Brown, all these ****** just grab rebounds over him. He wants the ball handler to look for him in the post but he takes 10 seconds to post up and by the time he gets the ball, he's been pushed out to 15 feet from the basket and then tries to take smaller, quicker players off the dribble....

His defense has become null since teams have figured that all they have to do is run a million pick and rolls and our defense collapses.......He leaves Bosh wide open in order to defend the rim against Mario Freaking Chalmers......

What really kills it for me is his "selfish dudes" comment......He was talking about Lance and Lance ONLY...Then he says PG and West can do whatever they want....It rubbed Lance the wrong way and to his own detriment and his lack of maturity(he's only 23), Lance started playing selfish...This is when the team went downhill...It made his teammates upset but when Hibbert made that comment, Lance was playing great ball and Roy was just upset apparently because he didn't feel involved........Thus he stopped rebounding and running the court........This is all fact and can be backed up by an article I read this mornIng......If I can find it...Ill post the link....

In addition that comment Lance had already felt snubbed by being passed up by the coaches for an all-star reserve spot...(For the record, I do not believe Lance should have made the all-star team this year). Also, if you know Lance' history, you know he's always felt snubbed since the day he was drafted and then he never got to play until Bird took over.......So he took Roy's comment extra personal and this is when you started hearing about him "stealing rebounds from teammates" etc.....

All of the other rumors, were just that, rumors.......None of it is true..nobody f*cked anybody elses wife or none of that bs.....

Lance is not excused for his immaturity about how he handled that situation but Roy was DEAD WRONG for calling him out like that long before he ever deserved to be and on top of that Roy was playing like sh*t himself and was still named an all-star.....So if anything, he should have felt where Lance was coming from.....

This and this only is what started the chemistry issues......So it would make sense to get rid of one of them right? Maybe.....If so, I'd rather it be Roy...His contract makes it almost impossible for us to do anything........They can afford to pay Lance up to 8 million which should be enough for him(I'm not saying he should get 8 million, I'm just saying, they can pay him that if thats what it takes to keep him).

Lance has more potential to develop into a star, he has all the physical tools.....Roy is what he his, would anyone disagree with that?

Fun fact that you probably didn't know.....Lance has assisted on more Roy Hibbert baskets than Paul George and David West COMBINED...And that was BEFORE the rift started and still continued after the rift....Even during the Washington series, Lance is the one who told Roy "if I get the ball, you'll get it" and he did just that.....You know who consistently passes up Roy or gets it to him late? Paul George....

It might seem like I haven't liked PG lately because I've been pimping Lance but I'm sorry, I have to call it like it is........PG has the more aesthetically pleasing game, the smoother game........It doesn't mean he is more talented.......Yes, he's had bigger scoring output, he's a better defender than Lance...But he doesn't have a higher b-ball IQ, he's not a better passer or ball-handler....He's a better shooter but still inconsistent, Lance shot 49% this year....Lance just has better shot selection......Lance has more fight, more heart, more drive.....PG has alot of natural ability it seems...Lance came up through the streets, learned his game on the playground, its obvious when you watch them play.....

This is how I feel about it.....In a perfect world, I want them to keep the team together and just alter roles.......Make Hill a 6th man and maybe trade Roy for Rondo and somebody else like someone suggested in another thread......Vogel didn't even use guys like Copeland throughout the entire year so Ill place some blame on him also but he's a good coach, its silly to say he's not....

I like Roy as a person but he only plays hard when he's scoring and if he's not involved, he doesn't do anything else...Thats inexcusable....

Default Re: Looking Back, Hard To Believe I Supported Hibbert the Way I did.......

Might be worse than Kwame at this point.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Default Re: Looking Back, Hard To Believe I Supported Hibbert the Way I did.......

Meltdown

Very good NBA starter

Keep Lance, west and PG, trade hill and hibbert

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

shoulda kept granger. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    Meltdown
    If you call a perfectly honest, logical, and well thought out post a meltdown...well then thats on you...

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    If you call a perfectly logical and thought out post a meltdown...well then thats on you...
    Well I didn't read it and it was long enough to be a meltdown.

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

on the real.
    keep west and george for sure. maybe keep lance but i doubt larry does. they need better offense thats for sure. get rid of vogel as well.

The caliber of player he is, only a complete tinman would go for a donut in the conference finals.. Guy is wack imo

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJammeR
    shoulda kept granger. lol
    Its almost like the Reggie Miller, Mark Jackson, Jalen Rose dynamic.......Reggie felt some kind of way about Jalen because they traded Mark for him.....

Hibbert felt they traded Granger to make room for Lance when in actuality, Lance has been starting the past 2 years and is a big reason why they've made it to ECF again...They traded Granger because they felt his knees were done......They gave him plenty of playing time when he initially came back and his knees flared up again....

Roy just doesn't like Lance and he should've handled that behind closed doors man to man instead of calling Lance out in public like that........Everybody wants to blame Lance for the chemistry issues but when your teammate calls you out like a b*tch in the media for being selfish, when you're the main one who gives Roy the ball in the first place...it would piss you off too.....Especially when you consider the fact that he's buddy buddy with PG, the guy who doesn't pass you the ball....You don't do your teammates like that....

And then Roy says there's some selfish DUDES..plural...like he's talking about multiple people because he was too much of a b*tch to just call out the one player he was talking about.......Yes, I blame a lot of this on Roy....Lance plays bigger than he does and Lance is 6'5......
    Last edited by Dro; 05-31-2014 at 12:18 AM.

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    Well I didn't read it and it was long enough to be a meltdown.
    Why would you admit you didn't read it? Anyway, you probably should, you would probably agree with me.......

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

He plays soft.

Reminds me of a far less talented Pau without Kobe.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Too ****in long. Ain't nobody read this shit.