Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

I'm content w/ the 2nd pick. Now let's hope Philly will make the stupidest decision of their life. But I'm content with either one of them.

Home of the 16

Talking Laker News: Warriors tricked Luke Walton into thinking the Lakers had lost their pick

Full story here: LINK

Warriors vice president of public relations Raymond Ridder took advantage of Walton's curiosity of his new team's state of affairs to play a prank on him:

Bill OramVerified account
    ‏@billoram
    Before lottery, Warriors PR czar Raymond Ridder texted Luke Walton that Lakers got 4th pick. Luke fell for the prank, now has last laugh.

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I'm content w/ the 2nd pick. Now let's hope Philly will make the stupidest decision of their life. But I'm content with either one of them.
    Scouting report says Simmons can't shoot well. Great passer/athlete, dribbler etc. The current rules and workable system demands a lot of spacing, putting a premium on perimeter shooting...
    A coworker is concerned that Russell and Simmons are really close and both are really immature, meaning them feeding off each other can be a huge problem.
    Having said, that, I am still relieved they didn't lose the pick and that Simmons is still MUCH BETTER than the next available rookies.
    BTW, I thought this forum have officially flat lined when I didn't see any reaction 40 mins ago.

NBA lottery pick

I was actually playing basketball tonight so I missed the draft lottery. I just found out they kept the pick. I really hope they don't trade it. I think one of these guys will be very good and it won't be worth moving it because they'll need to move other players. Stick with Randle, Russell, Clarkson, and Simmons/Ingram. They'll be able to eventually land a superstar to play with those guys. Plus Simmons and Ingram both look like they're going to be all-stars. Chances like this don't come around often.

I was so happy to see us land the 2nd pick.. Truly spectacular!!

I think Ingram would be perfect for this squad.. He may not be as NBA ready as Simmons or as good of an rebounder/passer but he is a very good 3pt shooter and better defender. Exactly what we need.

Go Lakers!

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

I actually forgot with time zone differences when the lottery was, waking up this morning to discover we had the second pick... yep I'm pretty happy with that start to the day i was only in LA a few weeks ago on holiday and I'm missing it already...with Kobe gone could get cheap tickets when I visit again next year I hope

Either way I'm happy, Simmons will likely as most scouts say the higher potential player (gotta love us Australians ), or Ingram who is the more "seamless" fit into the team, either way I'm pretty darn happy, either way we'll get a likely all star potential player, I must admit I'm pretty indifferent as to which of Ingram or Simmons we get. There's huge positives to getting either, I think Simmons with chemistry and friendship with D'Angelo and being a Laker fan to memory could really get his butt into gear (lacked intensity and defense) playing here and I think that will certainly ster him up, or Ingram who's game fits seamlessly into the teams current needs a 3&D player who fits with the team too.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

thank you byron goat tank commander!

NBA All-star

Simmons can be good. Lakers history of paying scorer means that Simmons can concentrate the first half of his career on becoming an unique volume scorer, then focus on intangible in the second half.

NBA lottery pick

What people forget is Philly also has Saric coming over and he plays PF. Saric would also complement Noel, Embiid, and Okafur pretty good too. So they really need a SF. Ingram seems like the most logical fit for them. The crappy part is the Lakers have drafted PF's in the 1st round the past two years. So Ingram is probably the better fit there too. I would have to imagine Philly is looking at a trade of some sort to move one of their bigs. Now that they landed the #1 pick it does look like they can turn things around pretty fast. They're going to be loaded with young talent next season. Tanking may have paid off for them. With Philly taking Ingram possibly, I would look to move Randle. Simmons is the best player of the draft anyhow. If they could move Randle for someone that could play C or another wing it would really help fill the roster out.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Kris Dunn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63GAIjzVH3M

This is the player we need to draft. This guy is Tony Allen and Russell Westbrook in one player.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    What people forget is Philly also has Saric coming over and he plays PF. Saric would also complement Noel, Embiid, and Okafur pretty good too. So they really need a SF. Ingram seems like the most logical fit for them. The crappy part is the Lakers have drafted PF's in the 1st round the past two years. So Ingram is probably the better fit there too. I would have to imagine Philly is looking at a trade of some sort to move one of their bigs. Now that they landed the #1 pick it does look like they can turn things around pretty fast. They're going to be loaded with young talent next season. Tanking may have paid off for them. With Philly taking Ingram possibly, I would look to move Randle. Simmons is the best player of the draft anyhow. If they could move Randle for someone that could play C or another wing it would really help fill the roster out.
    What about for ball handling? Simmons is a point forward like LeBron so doesn't Philly need a point?

Only thing I worry about is having no shooters. Russel and Clarkson are average shooters, Simmons is below average

Ingram would help us right away with his shooting IMO.

But Simmons has the better potential.

We are good either way!!!!!

ANd we still have money for two max vets!!!

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    What about for ball handling? Simmons is a point forward like LeBron so doesn't Philly need a point?

Only thing I worry about is having no shooters. Russel and Clarkson are average shooters, Simmons is below average
    They basically have said the same thing already. They would have to make a move if they draft Simmons. You can't have a team with Simmons, Saric, Noel, Embiid, and Okafur. That's just a huge log jam when you don't have good players in the back court and on the wing. But I really still do think Simmons is the best player in the draft so if you go by that logic maybe they do take him and make a trade. Or they go with what fits now and the Lakers get the best player in the draft. Either way I think LA is in a great spot.

NBA lottery pick

This report says that Philly prefers Simmons

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...with-no-1-pick

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Kris Dunn

And play 2 PG's like Phoenix? LA just drafted Russell last year.