Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Larry Fitzgerald cuts Kevin Love's hair

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    It's strange for an american to not have heard of those guys indeed.

Yep. That Bandwagon in 06 (date a joined here) when the Lakers were winning everything with a super team with Smush Parker, Kwame and Odom.
    stop acting like you became a fan of the lakers in 2006 Like if join date has any reason to do with it. Easily hopped on the lakers during the 3peat

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    stop acting like you became a fan of the lakers in 2006 Like if join date has any reason to do with it. Easily hopped on the lakers during the 3peat
    No. I did not become a fan in 06. Way before that. I'm 28 (will be 29 soon) years old and became a fan 94 when they sucked. I just liked their jerseys and knew that Magic used to play there. I used to play with them in NBA Jam. But I only really started following the team in 96 (when the internet got strong here and I got cable TV).
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 10-25-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    I could say the same thing about kobe/lebron. The only kobe commercial I can remember is the system shit recent. Then for lebron probably the slow nike dunk commercial but he doesn't do many commercials either.
    kobe and lebron have fame that extends beyond sports. so do peyton manning, tom brady, tebow i guess, and derek jeter. pujols is in that borderline area with durant and drew brees and some other guys

but unless you're a sports/football fan how would you know who fitzgerald is? he doesn't put himself out there like the people i mentioned. not saying that's a bad thing, or that he isn't great, but he's not a household name that non-sports fans would recognize

Where my announcement! Zackmorris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    I've heard of Derek jeter, but pujols?

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_rambis
    kobe and lebron have fame that extends beyond sports. so do peyton manning, tom brady, tebow i guess, and derek jeter. pujols is in that borderline area with durant and drew brees and some other guys

but unless you're a sports/football fan how would you know who fitzgerald is? he doesn't put himself out there like the people i mentioned. not saying that's a bad thing, or that he isn't great, but he's not a household name that non-sports fans would recognize
    Greatest WR postseason in NFL history just a few years ago when he went to the Super Bowl... was on the covers of Madden/NCAA Football games... arguably the best wide receiver in the league(one of the most high profile positions in football)... these are things that usually make people think the term "household name".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    No. I did not become a fan in 06. Way before that. I'm 28 (will be 29 soon) years old and became a fan 94 when they sucked. I just liked their jerseys and knew that Magic used to play there. I used to play with them in NBA Jam. But I only really started following the team in 96 (when the internet got strong here and I got cable TV).
    I'll take your word for it

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Greatest WR postseason in NFL history just a few years ago when he went to the Super Bowl... was on the covers of Madden/NCAA Football games... arguably the best wide receiver in the league(one of the most high profile positions in football)... these are things that usually make people think the term "household name".
    i'm not questioning his talent or popularity in the world of football. but he's not a guy a non-sports fans would recognize. unfortunately fame doesn't always have something to do with ability. look at kim kardashian. or tim tebow

Matt Geiger called...