Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blu Ray

Default Re: Is Blake Griffin really 6-10?

bad picture

hes not standing up straight

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

He's 6'10 in shoes.. 6'8 and a half or so without shoes. Combine measured. Beats Elton Brand who was 6'8 in shoes lol.

NBA rookie of the year

6' 8 3/4" in his bare feet. Doesn't seem to hold him back any though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    6' 8 3/4" in his bare feet. Doesn't seem to hold him back any though.
    It helps that 90 percent of NBA players are listed 1-2 inches more than their barefoot height and instead list their in shoes height because Blake is never in trouble with size. The only guys who have held Blake in check are smaller guys like Chuck Hayes.. or identical body types like Ryan Humphries. He does just fine vs bigger players.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    It helps that 90 percent of NBA players are listed 1-2 inches more than their barefoot height and instead list their in shoes height because Blake is never in trouble with size. The only guys who have held Blake in check are smaller guys like Chuck Hayes.. or identical body types like Ryan Humphries. He does just fine vs bigger players.
    Actually some players listed heights are without shoes
    Dwade's 6'4.75 with shoes
    Chris Bosh is 6'11.5 with shoes
    RODRIGUE BEAUBOIS is 6'2.5 with shoes
    Elton Brand is 6'9.5 with shoes

NBA rookie of the year

Lamarcus Aldridge did a good job on him. That guy's probably a legit 6'10", with some long arms. Chuck Hayes just harasses everyone down low. If he was Dwight's size, no one would ever score in the paint against the Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Lamarcus Aldridge did a good job on him. That guy's probably a legit 6'10", with some long arms. Chuck Hayes just harasses everyone down low. If he was Dwight's size, no one would ever score in the paint against the Rockets.
    Aldridge did well on him 1 game. After the 4 game series sure the Blazers swept the Clips but Blake finished with +10 points +15 rebounds +10-15 assists last time I calculated it. Blake got the best of Aldridge in 3 of the 4 games including the first game of his career. I don't think in a series Aldridge would have the same success. Blazers sent a lot of help his way in the 4th matchup (more so than other games). Btw forgot to mention Dwight is the only guy bigger than Blake who actually did give him problems.. but to be fair to Blake.. Dwight had a second defender helping out at almost all times and Dwight is the 2 time defending DPOY.

How many Blake Griffin threads do we need?

maybe, maybe not.

Me and a buddy got into a heated exchange regarding his height. He says he is legit 6'10", I say he's closer to 6'8".

During the Spurs vs Clippers he was smaller than Dyess who is 6'9".

I don't believe all that draft measurement bs as there are always conflicting 3's, they swore Beasely was 6'10" and he looks 6'8" at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    maybe, maybe not.

Me and a buddy got into a heated exchange regarding his height. He says he is legit 6'10", I say he's closer to 6'8".

I don't believe all that draft measurement bs as there are always conflicting 3's, they swore Beasely was 6'10" and he looks 6'8" at the most.
    the draft measurements were not the ones who were saying he was 6'10 they combine numbers were the ones that confirmed he was 6'8. The draft measurements are 100% accurate http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...l-Beasley-605/

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    maybe, maybe not.

You just have to accept that camera angles are always skewed in games. Nothing is directly head on at the proper angle when viewing games. At the Raptors shoot around for example.. the Raptors announcers were on the court with him chatting with him I guess and they said "He's every bit a legit 6'10". Sometimes when I watch games and he's next to DeAndre Jordan who's 6'11-7'... I think he looks way shorter because of angle.. and other times he looks the same size. Same goes for weight. Some times when I watch the games Blake looks ripped and has broad shoulders.. and other games he looks lean. It's ALL in the cameras dude. Blake is a MEASURED 6'8.75 inches (about 6'9 without shoes) and 6'10 with shoes.

You just have to accept that camera angles are always skewed in games. Nothing is directly head on at the proper angle when viewing games. At the Raptors shoot around for example.. the Raptors announcers were on the court with him chatting with him I guess and they said "He's every bit a legit 6'10". Sometimes when I watch games and he's next to DeAndre Jordan who's 6'11-7'... I think he looks way shorter because of angle.. and other times he looks the same size. Same goes for weight. Some times when I watch the games Blake looks ripped and has broad shoulders.. and other games he looks lean. It's ALL in the cameras dude. Blake is a MEASURED 6'8.75 inches (about 6'9 without shoes) and 6'10 with shoes.
    Yea you are probably right, the cameral angles do play a part.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

6`8 3/4 is the closest. He aint 6`9 even.