Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Switch Pippen for Barkley. How many Championships do the Bulls win?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Barkley at 275 lbs could not defend the perimeter. Come on bro.
    In prime shape he was in the 255-260 lbs range.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    In prime shape he was in the 255-260 lbs range.

Lol. So im making up his weight issues throughout his career. He was dubbed "round mound of rebound".

And even then he was always a bad defender. He even admitted it.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol. So im making up his weight issues throughout his career. He was dubbed "round mound of rebound".

And even then he was always a bad defender. He even admitted it.
    Bad defender compared to the other greats. Not a bad defender compared to the average NBA player

Do they win as consistently? I doubt it. Barkley's a good scorer and a rebounder, but what Pippen brought on the defensive end on the perimeter + the playmaking in the triangle, I think Barkley might make the Bulls a tad bit worse, though they still win 4 titles at least.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Bad defender compared to the other greats. Not a bad defender compared to the average NBA player
    Lol. You should be in politics.

NBA rookie of the year

The Bulls would've obviously built their team slightly differently with Barkley there, but Jordan + Barkley together in their peak primes is simply too much talent (add in other decent pieces like Grant and Armstrong) to be beaten.

I don't see any team in the 90s beating them maybe outside of Orlando for a year if MJ retired/came back in the exact same situation.

I think they win from 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998 assuming Jordan retires and comes back in exactly in the same way (though obviously it probably wouldn't work like that). That's 7.

I think some (not all, but some) of Jordan's work ethic would rub off on Barkley too. He could actually be a pretty fierce defender when he really wanted to be, he was just on a lot of teams where everyone was happy with him just scoring + rebounding and got used to that. On a MJ team with Phil Jackson there I don't think that would fly as much.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-25-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Well, if the Sixers/Suns are trading Barkley then the Bulls have to give up more than just Pippen.

Chemistry-wise, it doesn't make sense. Possible 3 rings, but sporadically.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    What? Are you retarded?

Like 97 said, go find a job somewhere in the Media lmfao

NBA rookie of the year

None of the 91 Lakers, 92 Blazers, 93 Sonics (in lieu of the Suns), 96 Sonics, 97/98 Jazz are beating a prime Jordan + Barkley.

Barkley was a legit MVP winner and actually led the Suns to the NBA Finals (not just the second round).

Unless the Bulls management was completely retarded and couldn't build any type of roster around those two (even then I don't think they'd need to do much work) there's simply no way the above teams beat that Bulls squad.

Neither would the Knicks in the East.

I think they have a pretty fair shot at beating Detroit in 1990. The "Jordan Rules" really don't work if there's a second player consistently dropping 20+ ppg on you. Even in 1990 the Bulls nearly beat the Pistons anyway, we kinda know what happened in game 7.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-25-2014 at 09:05 AM.

High School Starter

They wouldn't of had a second 3peat that's for sure, Barkley was a shadow of himself by those years, unless we are also pretending Barkley is in his prime the v while time lol

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
    They wouldn't of had a second 3peat that's for sure, Barkley was a shadow of himself by those years, unless we are also pretending Barkley is in his prime the v while time lol
    It's kinda give and take there, Barkley was a lot better than Pippen from 87-91, meaning Jordan would have much more help earlier in his career.

Perhaps MJ doesn't retire in '93 either, a lot of the burn out I think he was feeling was from the aspect of being the most famous athlete on planet 24/7, with Charles he'd be able to get some relief as the media/press would have someone else to hound and Barkley certainly wasn't shy in front of the cameras.

It seemed like Jordan liked having Rodman around for this same reason too (aside from the on-court stuff).
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-25-2014 at 10:19 AM.

The same? More? Less? Who cares? These What If games are pointless.