Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Switch Pippen for Barkley. How many Championships do the Bulls win?

all of them until MJ retires

College superstar

not sure. without the bulls' leader, jordan was an abysmal 1-9 in the playoffs.

based off that track record, with barkley, i would have to be fair and say at least a couple finals appearances.

0. He was a lazy bum.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Hard to say, you're changing the identity of the team.

No one could compete with the combination of Jordan and Pippen hounding teams on the perimeter.
    Exactly. I don't see why these kind of scenarios are always created too many variables. What about Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman? Who defends Magic in 91 when Jordan got into foul trouble? What about the Bulls full court press defense? Just too many variables to fairly make a decision.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

It Would Be Laughable. Rings from 88-96 atleast.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

So Pippen is on the Suns? Because that Suns team was already stacked offensively (1st in offense even with Kevin Johnson and Richard Dumas only playing half the season more or less), so they aren't going to really lose that much offensively replacing Barkley with Pippen. Scottie's defense would really go a long way though. I'll take the suns with Scottie over the Bulls with Barkley in 93.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 08-25-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Less than with Pippen.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    No way. Barkleys defense was so bad. If the Bulls got a SF comparable to Grant at PF and Barkley takes Grants place maybe two rings on talent alone. But I dont see Barkley working hard to repeat after one ring. Him and Jordan would be at each other's throats similar to Shaq and Kobe.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    No way. Barkleys defense was so bad. If the Bulls got a SF comparable to Grant at PF and Barkley takes Grants place maybe two rings on talent alone. But I dont see Barkley working hard to repeat after one ring. Him and Jordan would be at each other's throats similar to Shaq and Kobe.

Banned

well considering what the bulls needed from pippen was NOT a rebounding power forward ( they had grant/rodman)... but infact the bulls needed

a) a top 5 defender for the 1,2,3,4 position

b) a leading playmaker ( pippen lead all 6 title teams in assists )

c) a guy who didnt mind taking a backseat ( barkley pissed and moaned whenever he didnt get the most shots. see his philly days )

d) a winner, not a choker

e) a guy whos prime was during the 90s. not the late 80s

f) a player who could keep himself from gaining 50 pounds of fat and becoming a journey man in his prime

i think its more than obvious pippen is the better winner/teammate/chicagobull than barkley

stats aint everything. just look at lebran lames

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    So Pippen is on the Suns? Because that Suns team was already stacked offensively (1st in offense even with Kevin Johnson and Richard Dumas only playing half the season more or less), so they aren't going to really lose that much offensively replacing Barkley with Pippen. Scottie's defense would really go a long way though. I'll take the suns with Scottie over the Bulls with Barkley in 93.

That team doesn't even make it to the Finals.

Come on, man.

You laugh but its true. Barkley was an atrocious defender. Remember that Paxson shot vs the Barkley led Suns in 93? Watch Barkley. His gamble on Pippen created a chain of events that opened up that shot for Paxson. And he did that because he was a lazy defender. All he had to do was stay in front of Pippen.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...lj16QHYfOvmEGA

Its plays like these that shows the importance of defense and that you can have a mental lapse (choke) on defense just like offense.

Charles Barkley was one of the most talented players ever. Hes also one of the most overrated.

@ this, what a Pippen stan.