Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Peak KG VS Peak Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    He had a good team for one year of his career before his knee injury, and won the title.

Don't even act like any of those Wolves teams were good other than 2004, and Cassell got hurt in the playoffs.

KG never quit, Bran did. I take KG every time.
    Why do you want to lose though?

You can talk shit about LeBron losing the Finals all you want, but his teams since '07 were never bad. He played with totally different teams a bunch of times and they were ALWAYS good.

Fair argument to be made for Garnett. That 08 Celtic's team he anchored was better than any of the Heat squads.

u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    You're a solid poster. Why do you have two red bars?
    Because Kobe stans went ham on him when Duncan won another chip this year

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    He had two very good offensive options in 04. He shot .508 TS% in round 1 and .512 TS% in round 2. I didn't expect a ring from that team but KG hardly dominated the first two rounds like peak Duncan did.

I said in my post KG didn't take great shots or draw consistent doubles, which Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, Kareem did. That's why his peak wasn't on par with theirs.
    I'm not talking about anything other than teams.

In the only year he had a good team before Boston, his starting PG was out in the WCF against the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

He didn't have title contending teams in Minnesota and the year he could've brought them to the finals his PG goes down mid-WCF.

He didn't have great teams. It's not like he was on a Shaq/Kobe/Malone/GP or Bran/Wade/Bosh type team.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Why do you want to lose though?

You can talk shit about LeBron losing the Finals all you want, but his teams since '07 were never bad. He played with totally different teams a bunch of times and they were ALWAYS good.
    He had better teams. It's not f*cking rocket science.

Who's better, Bosh/Varejao/Big Z/Ben Wallace/Shaq or Rasho Nesterovic, Olowokandi, and Ervin Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    He had better teams. It's not f*cking rocket science.

Who's better, Bosh/Varejao/Big Z/Ben Wallace/Shaq or Rasho Nesterovic, Olowokandi, and Ervin Johnson?
    How many games do you think the '10 Cavs would've won without LeBron? Since we're talking about PEAK's, LeBron was a beast that season. 30/7/9/2/1 on 60% TS. Even though he "quit" in the Playoffs, he still put up 29/8/9/2/2 on 61% TS.

Oh, and '04 KG (which was his peak) had Cassell and Sprewell. Didn't KG also shoot 51% TS in the Playoffs in '04?

LeBron, and it isn't even remotely close. Even LeBron's non peak seasons could be considered better than KG's absolute best.

2005: 27/7/7
    2006: 31/7/7
    2007: 27/7/6
    2008: 30/8/7
    2011: 27/8/7
    2014: 27/7/6

Now we're supposed to compare Prime / Peak LeBron ... KG can't mess with the following. Not by a LONG shot.

2009: 28/8/7 (66-16)
    Playoffs 35/9/7

2010: 30/7/9 (61-21)
    Playoffs 29/9/8

2012: 27/8/6
    Playoffs 30/9/6 (Championship)

2013: 27/8/7
    Playoffs 26/8/7 (Championship)

Banned

LeBron.

Much better scorer and can be relied upon to carry a team through the clutch. KG, not so much.

IMO, KG is the greatest second banana of all time.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

KG had a great peak and a great career but LeBron has led a team to a championship. KG couldn't sniff that during his peak and instead, won one as a second or third option later on his career. I'd take LeBron. I love me some KG though. Hope he gives us one more season.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Fair argument to be made for Garnett. That 08 Celtic's team he anchored was better than any of the Heat squads.

That 08 celtics team is overrated. The 08 Cavs took them down to the last minute in game 7 in Boston and if not for a lame PJ Brown jumper, Cavs would took them out. The 08 Cavs weren't that good yet (09 is when they made the jump). The healthy 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Heat teams were much better than the 08 celtics.