Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    owwwww

Default Re: Suns coach says Kobe is the best closer in the history of basketball, better than MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I guarantee you he didnt shot 55% on such shots...and you obiously didnt watch a lot of Kobe's misses where he was put in situations were he had no chance at a shot going in....
    Not only that but Kobe's numbers include game tying situations too (which is when you have to pull of for a 3 while being down 3, and those hurt %s tremendously). I guarantee you I can come up with more missed shots than the 20-25 that is usually said...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=140520

^ I made that thread a while ago because of the ridiculous clutch numbers we were seeing of him. it's funny, literally not even hard, when you combine it with what you remember and a a mere google of "jordan" "misses" can yield hundreds of results. I should continue adding to that thread, but I ran out of characters, might have to re-make it and reserve the first 3-4 posts of the thread.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Suns coach says Kobe is the best closer in the history of basketball, better than MJ

man... no matter what, this kobe fans vs jordan fans will never stop.

at least jordan fans are dissing kobe, while kobe fans are more concentrated on dissing the jordan fans.

ISH is so done....

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman

at least jordan fans are dissing kobe, while kobe fans are more concentrated on dissing the jordan fans.

ISH is so done....
    Very ironic. Did you read your last few posts these past few days? Jordan fans are delusional.

Great college starter

Remember that steal on Malone? Let me know when Kobe does something like that. That's a closer.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    For its time, yes they were granted that many HOF'ers. Still doesn't change the fact the Celtics who won 11 rings played in an 8 team league, were led by two of the three best players in the league, and had an utterly stacked team.

I would say its harder to win 11 titles against only the top 8 teams that it is agaisnt 30 teams with talent spread out. Also I wouldn't call Cousy one of the 3 best players in the league at that time. Winning 11 titles I dont care if there are only 4 teams is unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    He didnt always find a clean look because he was doubled for 3 straight years in the clutch while playing with bums.

I guarantee if they break the stat down by year and showed his percentages minus the 3 years where he played with bums, he percentages are at the top of the heap all time. Kobe was shooting over two people because Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm and Smush were never guarded.
    He only had a few GW's that I recall during 2006 (vs. Clippers, Nuggets, and Suns, just going by memory, you're right, he was doubled heavily). 2004 He was getting a lot of single coverage (vs. Detroit in the Finals he was defended by Prince if I'm not mistaken -- iso -- the Grizzlies in Memphis, defended by Battier -- iso).
    Last edited by catch24; 03-13-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman

True, but even sadder is how all seem to collectively join forces & trash the Russell/Chamberlain era.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Remember that steal on Malone? Let me know when Kobe does something like that. That's a closer.
    Didn't Kobe at 21 take over in game 4 against Indiana? That's not being a closer....?

Jordan at 21 was doing what exactly?

If Jordan fans are delusional, then Kobe fans are delusional. All these threads are are pissing matches that go round and round and round until someone gets tired of throwing insults. Yall need to grow the **** up. I bet you most of the cats on here never even saw MJ play. Yet they throw these stats out here like it's gospel. SMH...

Furthermore, how can you start being a fan of Kobe but you aren't a fan of MJ? Dude has basically payed homage his whole career yet people always try to create this "Kobe fans vs MJ fans" debate. Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by GollyImSoGully
    Very ironic. Did you read your last few posts these past few days? Jordan fans are delusional.
    Even if I diss your silly ass, it's in response. Check out the OP starting the flame immediately with the thread. Why do the mods allow this? ISH has always had trash talking but back then it was done with skills, knowledge and creativity.

Now it's a broken record. Stan? dickriders?

Please.

And I'm hardly insecure. No matter what the 5 of you guys say, Jordani s still considered GOAT by most sports writer/former athletes/current athletes/ coaches, etc.

Great college starter

Didn't Kobe at 21 take over in game 4 against Indiana? That's not being a closer....?

Jordan at 21 was doing what exactly?
    Hey, little cockrider MJ>Kobe.

"Kobe's the best closer of all-time you hear me? YOU HEAR ME?"

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    I would say its harder to win 11 titles against only the top 8 teams that it is agaisnt 30 teams with talent spread out. Also I wouldn't call Cousy one of the 3 best players in the league at that time. Winning 11 titles I dont care if there are only 4 teams is unreal
    Basketball talent wasn't as good top to bottom as it is now. More competition breeds better talent. LOL @ acting like those 8 teams were filled to the brim with talent.

National High School Star

Coaches opinions > a geek who centers his whole life around MJ and Kobe

Hence the youtube name: Jordanlover23
    Realgm name: JordanForever

Sad becasue you're 32 years old that stays up t'ill the morning hoping Kobe fails knowing damn well you have to work. Life isn't fair is it Loki?
    Damn

I would personally take either Kobe/MJ/Bird

"Better" shouldn't be taken as to mean that no other NBA Player in history even belongs in the discussion.

Though Kobe has better range & can get off seemingly impossible shots MJ did(as Phil Jackson stated) had a knack for getting an easier bucket.

Bird tended to shoot his team into & out of games as well(jacking 3's) which pissed off McHale with whom he reportedly had a distant/cold relationship.

I wouldn't spend too much time debating it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    True, but even sadder is how all seem to collectively join forces & trash the Russell/Chamberlain era.
    Not really Abe. The Kobe fans have resorted to pretending to be fans of Kareem, Wilt, Pip and Russell for the sake of arguing against Jordan.