Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Suns coach says Kobe is the best closer in the history of basketball, better than MJ

Quote Originally Posted by goldgrill4me
    jordan shoots like 55% on such shots, while kobe shoots 29% and he is a better closer? makes little sense imo..
    Yup. People easily forget, or just did not watch.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Suns coach says Kobe is the best closer in the history of basketball, better than MJ

Jordan is the better closer and I honestly don't think it's that close. Last second shots are one thing, but "closer" implies like the last 2-4 minutes depending. No way is Kobe better at closing out a game than Jordan. Kobe has not scored 15-20+ points over the final 5-8 minutes of a game nearly as frequently as Jordan has; in fact, he's more likely to shoot you out of a game than do that. Let's not even start talking about clutch rebounding, defensive plays, or passing, because it's not even close there.

And even at last second shots, Kobe is getting insanely overrated because of what he's done this year. Prior to this year he's what, like 25% on such shots over the last 6-7 seasons? Fact is, Jordan never played in nearly as many close games as Kobe has this season. Good on Kobe for making the most of these situations, but he's getting way overhyped for it. Kobe is a top 3-4 clutch player, though, along with MJ/Bird/West.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Jordan is the better closer and I honestly don't think it's that close. Last second shots are one thing, but "closer" implies like the last 2-4 minutes depending. No way is Kobe better at closing out a game than Jordan. Kobe has not scored 15-20+ points over the final 5-8 minutes of a game nearly as frequently as Jordan has; in fact, he's more likely to shoot you out of a game than do that.

And even at last second shots, Kobe is getting insanely overrated because of what he's done this year. Prior to this year he's what, like 25% on such shots over the last 6-7 seasons? Fact is, Jordan never played in nearly as many close games as Kobe has this season. Good on Kobe for making the most of these situations, but he's getting way overhyped for it. Kobe is a top 3-4 clutch player, though, along with MJ/Bird/West.
    Coaches opinions > a geek who centers his whole life around MJ and Kobe

Hence the youtube name: Jordanlover23
    Realgm name: JordanForever

Sad becasue you're 32 years old that stays up t'ill the morning hoping Kobe fails knowing damn well you have to work. Life isn't fair is it Loki?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by TimeConfidence
    Pretty sure there was a HOF player in each team back then even Wilt had some HOF players, people just blindly don't realize this.
    For its time, yes they were granted that many HOF'ers. Still doesn't change the fact the Celtics who won 11 rings played in an 8 team league, were led by two of the three best players in the league, and had an utterly stacked team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Yup. People easily forget, or just did not watch.
    I guarantee you he didnt shot 55% on such shots...and you obiously didnt watch a lot of Kobe's misses where he was put in situations were he had no chance at a shot going in....

Banned

its silly to me how the media and nba coaches/players ride kobe's nuts so hard when they're 3 yrs late. its just a joke how history will end up reinvented like kobe was at his prime now even tho he has nowhere near the athleticism and penetration he used to. f'in stat arguers

and i swear he gets accredited for so much of the lakers success i don't blame his teammates for being bitter, especially when they get blamed for all of the failure.
    Last edited by Poodle; 03-13-2010 at 03:24 PM.

i think kobe is the flaor of the month. once he starts his decline, hell settle out of the top 10. most people put him there cuz they see him with 4 mvps and 7 rings. thats not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by goldgrill4me
    jordan shoots like 55% on such shots, while kobe shoots 29% and he is a better closer? makes little sense imo..
    Did you just pull that out of your ass? I know for a fact those percentages are greatly exaggerated, for both players. It's amusing to see how far groupies will go to protect MJ's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I guarantee you he didnt shot 55% on such shots...and you obiously didnt watch a lot of Kobe's misses where he was put in situations were he had no chance at a shot going in....
    im curious at the clutch shot %s too.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by GollyImSoGully
    Coaches opinions > a geek who centers his whole life around MJ and Kobe

Hence the youtube name: Jordanlover23
    Realgm name: JordanForever

Sad becasue you're 32 years old that stays up t'ill the morning hoping Kobe fails knowing damn well you have to work. Life isn't fair is it Loki?
    I'm a night person, dickhead. I'm always up. Nice job on the stalking, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I've watched nearly every single game of his career. Prior to this season, he was overrated in the clutch (last second shots) -- sure he somehow always found a clean look, but he was still missing below the leagues average.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Suns coach says Kobe is the best closer in the history of basketball, better than

was gonna stay out of the thread til i see some of these jordan loving morons come in here and say kobe sucks

insecure ****s.

jordan and kobe have been the only players that i have ever watched that i assume the shot is going in whenever they get a clean look at the end of the games. I travel a lot and watch laker games in many cities bars so I know that Kobe has that effect on opposing teams fans as well.

oh and Loki with the "its not even close"

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    I'm a night person, dickhead. I'm always up. Nice job on the stalking, btw.
    Right, a night person when it comes to Laker games. Not stalking since you posted your youtube account and not hard to find your RealGM account since all you do is copy paste your posts from here to there or vice versa. JordanLover...bruh? Must lead a sad pathetic life that you need to be a stan for someone that's retired at your age.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    I've watched nearly every single game of his career. Prior to this season, he was overrated in the clutch (last second shots) -- sure he somehow always found a clean look, but he was still missing below the leagues average.
    He didnt always find a clean look because he was doubled for 3 straight years in the clutch while playing with bums.

I guarantee if they break the stat down by year and showed his percentages minus the 3 years where he played with bums, he percentages are at the top of the heap all time. Kobe was shooting over two people because Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm and Smush were never guarded.
    Last edited by Younggrease; 03-13-2010 at 03:28 PM.

I've read through different sources that Jordan did infact hit 50% of his clutch shots. Just wish they kept track of those type of stats then (bbreference, 82games etc).