Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star allball's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose possibility best PG finisher ever?

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Tony Parker is the best in the business right now.
    I agree but Rose is on his heels and has some physical attributes TP doesn't have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM2Iel1pM9A

Root Of All Evil

His athleticism is RIDICULOUS. I'm not going to jump into All-Time status yet for a player who hasn't yet played a meaningful NBA game. This thread is pointless, and way too premature.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Originally Posted by DuMa
    Absolutely. And it's a sign of how much of it is angles, touch, and release, when you're undersized. Even moreso than what you can do physically, because you're never going to be at an advantage in there physically.

I like Rose a lot. I know people say he's got to tighten up his handle, which may be true, but I think once (or if) he gets better control over the pace he plays at, it'll be fine.

Big time finishing at the rim by the way:

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    I agree but Rose is on his heels and has some physical attributes TP doesn't have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM2Iel1pM9A
    TP has consistently been one of the top paint scorers in the past few years. over the likes of so many other big men

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    do you guys think he has the chance to become?

from what ive seen from high school, college, and NBA he can get to the rim at will and when he is there no matter where he is or how many guys he always seems to get above them all or around.
    Have u heard of a guy named Allen Iverson?

By far. Parker is the best PG finisher whose prime I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
    Have u heard of a guy named Allen Iverson?
    No disrespect but AI's not an elite finisher, he's good but not among the best ever. He's more of an elite shot creater, because of his handle and his quickness. If he had a little more strength while keeping that same quickness he'd have been the best ever though.

Ever since someone mentioned Derrick Rose as a great finisher. Fans take that and go extreme. Beasley can be considered a great rebounder and someone will ask "Beasley possibly the best rebounder ever?"

With as many athletic, scoring oriented PGs this game has witnessed. Derrick Rose somehow is on another level? Possibly? Please.

National High School Star allball's Avatar

TP has consistently been one of the top paint scorers in the past few years. over the likes of so many other big men
    did I say he wasn't. I just said Rose is on his heels and he has more quickness, more leaping ability and a bigger body.

I def appreciate Parker after seeing him in person in Houston. dude is tiny.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Tony Parker might be the best finisher i've seen, ever. Its bumble**** stupid how no matter who's at the rim when he gets there, or how he throws the ball up, or how fast he's going when he gets there, it goes in, fron any and all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by 33 23
    Here is how Rose compares to the two best point guards in the game physically:

That

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Ever since someone mentioned Derrick Rose as a great finisher. Fans take that and go extreme. Beasley can be considered a great rebounder and someone will ask "Beasley possibly the best rebounder ever?"

With as many athletic, scoring oriented PGs this game has witnessed. Derrick Rose somehow is on another level? Possibly? Please.
    not really, ive watched d rose since high school.

Not airballing my layups anymore

he's amazingly quick, really unbelievable quick, has insane vert, and has amazing body in general. but what borders me is that a couple of preseason games ago you were saying he's a bust and so on and after one amazing performance you're like is he the greatest finisher ever? he has the potential but he has to prove himself. in my opinion he played well so far in those preseason games except this game where he really played amazingly good. but still. drose hasn't played not even one game in regular season and you already saying stuff like this. give him some time. i believe that wasn't his the best performance yet and he has a lot more years of playing (i hope healthy) so let him to show us from what he's made of.

another guy that impressed me is oj mayo. he is very consistent and he plays really well. so far he's the guy which convinced me the most. but derrick has amazing potential and has the physical advantage (not that oj mayo is not an athlete)

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by 33 23
    ATHLETICISM is the most important skill in the game of basketball, and Derrick Rose is the most athletic player in the league.

The casual fan who doesn't know much will say "Gerald Green! James White!" and actually think he has an argument, but that's why casual fans are considered dumb. Those guys are nothing but athletes. Rose is a freak who can actually play. There's a difference between the two.
    So if those guys are nothing but athletes, and athleticism is the most important skill in basketball, wouldn't that enable them to secure a roster spot on an NBA team? Or maybe there's some emphasis placed on fundamentals, shooting, defense, etc etc, and not just athleticism? It just seems like that if athleticism was the most important skill, very athletic players such as Gerald Green and James White would be able to get a guaranteed contract and actually play meaningful minutes in the NBA?

Regardless I'd like you to contact a doctor, he had a very lucrative practice round here in the Oakland County area, although no dedicated patients, it seems they all only visited him once. But anyways BULLS, give him a call, I think he can help you, his name is Jack Kevorkian.

ummm Beasely is a better finisher around the rim than Rose.

Tony Parker is def one of the more efficient finishers but he isn't an impressive finisher.

I think the OP was refering to guys that finish with authority or incredible ingenuity i.e. a little man making a game changing statement.

In recent memory the top 2 finisher in that regard, for me, have been Baron Davis and Steve Francis.