Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RJ Hunter

NBA Superstar

Default Re: RJ Hunter

I went to 6 or 7 games this year at GSU. It seems like more than half of the 3s he takes are from 5-6 behind the line at least.

He seems to be one of those that can get lazy playing against poor teams. He's absolutely a better shooter than his percentages say. Get him on an NBA team with a good coach and he will be a VERY useful player.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Celtics

Looked great in Summer League. #28 is a steal, love that pick so far. Has a great mind and skill level to make it big in the league.

Some are already comparing him to Reggie Miller. Their jumpers look quite similar at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Celtics

Looked great in Summer League. #28 is a steal, love that pick so far. Has a great mind and skill level to make it big in the league.

Some are already comparing him to Reggie Miller. Their jumpers look quite similar at least.
    Nice.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I was actually pissed The Celtics didn't take him when they took Rozier. I thought and still think he's a better prospect than Rozier, and if nothing else brings a different dimension to the Roster, instead of Rozier who does a lot of the same things as Marcus Smart.

I would've rather have taken Bobby Portis with the earlier pick, or even Justin Anderson or Sam Dekker, more true SFs, and in that order, then hoped Rozier fell to that second pick if you really loved him that much, knowing that if he didn't you've still got some similar options in Grant, Delon Wright, who are both big PGs like Rozier with shooting issues, and varying levels of athleticism. Or even Rashad Vaughn and Hunter, who are at least backcourt players, and bring shooting. Or even Tyus Jones, who while small and maybe not physically up to being a big minute starting PG, brings both the shooting and decision making to a smaller role.

I like both Rozier and Hunter, it was just weird to me how the Celtics two picks fell.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Put Hunter at #16 and Rozier at #28 and it sounds better.

Mickey at #33 could be an even better player than both. NBA scouts are raving about him, and he's had a monster Summer League.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Put Hunter at #16 and Rozier at #28 and it sounds better.

Mickey at #33 could be an even better player than both. NBA scouts are raving about him, and he's had a monster Summer League.
    I agree. I was surprised Hunter was still there. I woulda loved to have gone Portis Hunter Mickey. I like Mickey too. I feel like Portis is a bit of a steal, but he may not get the minutes to develop right.