Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    High School Starter

Default Re: OMFG, Vince Carter >MJ in game dunks. Greatest Dunker ALL TIME

Kobes baseline reverses are OVERRATED garbage.
    He does a mini pump on his reverses vs someone like garnet because he is FORCING the dunk and not getting high enough..he needs to use his upper body strength to complete his dunk because of his kinda weak vertical. VC completed much more difficult baseline reverse on dirk nowitzki from way further out and completing it smoothly because of his vastly superior hops and larger hands.

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    Vince > MJ as far as dunking ability. Watching Vince in his prime was a beautiful thing.
    Although Jordan had a confirmed 48 vert, he simply was not the dunker VC was in terms of aesthetic dunks. vc jumped over a 7'1 guy in the Olympics. Jordan was a more dominate half court dunker by far.
    Last edited by Straight_Ballin; 01-27-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Vince Carter is an extinction level event dunker

Hes the most:

...player in history dunks wise.

NBA sixth man of the year

Vince is the best dunker, easily.....

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Im judging purely on assortment. Overall I think VC is a better dunker, Kobe had more variety and creativity tho.

And Vince could never do this Alley-Opp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weQjX42UyyY
    Pretty certain Vince has two similar oops as this one. They're hard to find, if you're looking for an exact replica of Kobe's then tough luck. But with a defender on his hip, going baseline, catching a lob one handed reverse and the foul while falling over, Vince did it in 07-08 against the Magic.

I believe Kobe does more reverse ground dunks, if that's the creativity you're talking about, that's Kobe's style. Vince's done them, but Kobe's done them more. Kobe's jumping style allows it more too. He jumps right foot in front. Vince jumps left foot front, and isn't his best driving left to get his launch.

Let me just end saying that you'll find few better at reverse oops than Vince.

How I see it: Vince is the Bob Burnquist of dunking, does weird, complicated dunks that sometimes look simple or "not creative", but he does them with perfect execution...

Edit: found the clip at 2:53 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UM62EhS2i8
    Last edited by DGyaDigg; 01-28-2015 at 01:12 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Its not about whether he was capable of doing them at a younger age. Its about whether he had the creativity and whether he actually did them.

If he didnt do them then he didnt have the creativity to do them at the time. I'm not gonna say bc he did some crappy not-quite version in his 30s that he gets the benefit of the doubt. Its about the resume and those dunks arent on his bc he never competed them.

most of them aren't the same or close enough to the same for them to count in my book. The only one that was similar was the baseline double pump and the simple basline reverse.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    3ball has definitely taken 48 inches up his ass