Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default What are some unpopular NBA opinions you have?

The ones that the majority would generally disagree with.

There's no need for a debate here or lashing out at somebody for something absurd but people can explain why they think that way.

I'll start with mine.

- Prime Penny was better than Hill. Probably not unpopular in the 90s but it is now it seems.

- Had Shaq and Wade not been injured in 2005, Heat would have won it all.

- Prime KJ was better than Stockton. It wasn't unpopular at the time but plenty will laugh at it because Stock's career and longevity sorts of overshadows his ability.

- Had the Bulls (with Jordan) and Rockets matched up in the 1994 and 1995, it would have been a heck of a series that could go either way.

- Chris Paul has the best ball handling kills of any player I have seen in the last 20 years. Incredibly smooth and efficient, makes great reads to break defenders down whether it's a quick change in direction or a series of dribbles, never loses his dribble in traffic and has a great understanding of creating space in general. He doesn't have that one deadly move that Tim or AI did but I think he's a better dribbler overall.

- Jordan could defend elite PGs better than either GP or Kidd could and it isn't that close. I rarely see his name when it comes to shutting those quick, speed demons down.

- KG at his best was better than either Barkley or Malone.

- Late 90s Heat underachieved despite the contrary belief because of their incredibly lame and slow style on offense. They could have been a lot better if they just increased the tempo given that they had the personnel to do so and tried creating turnovers with pressure. Instead, they had a poor set offense that got exposed in the playoffs with Zo being unable to be a worthwhile first option, stagnant offense with no ball movement, broken plays and forced shots due to the clock running down.

- GP
    Last edited by NugzHeat3; 01-30-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Default Re: What are some unpopular NBA opinions you have?

Shaq best big in NBA history, and one of the biggest impact players on defense because of the psychological factor.

AI is just as good if not better than Kobe.

-Smak

Local High School Star Bernie Nips's Avatar

Greg Oden will finally come good and be a force in the NBA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Shaq best big in NBA history, and one of the biggest impact players on defense because of the psychological factor.

AI is just as good if not better than Kobe.

-Smak
    shaq was a one trick pony. a one trick pony cant be the best big in NBA history when you have actual SKILLED big men to pick from. also shaq was AWFUL on d

Rubio will be the best point guard in the league in a mater of years.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    shaq was a one trick pony. a one trick pony cant be the best big in NBA history when you have actual SKILLED big men to pick from. also shaq was AWFUL on d
    heh, go to basketball-reference.com and pick players that you think are good defensive big men. Then pick some of your favorite guys who score in the paint or, just aren't purely jump shooters.

Then, go head 2 head stats. Compare their head 2 heads. Shaq vs player x. player y vs player x.

Notice how much lower, on average, the fg% especially is vs Shaq. Defense isn't all about blocks, steals, and being agile. Just being Shaq and standing under the hoop is good D and he did so much more than that.

SKILL is such an overrated term. Results = skill. Who could bang with Shaq in NBA history? No one. Hakeem was admirable, but against a prime Shaq he would get shit on.

-Smak

Banned

Mj is overrated and a lot of the bulls fans now on teh bandwagon r only fans because of what they heard he did...even tho alot are too yung to have watched

I don't know how unpopular this is, but if the Lakers beat the Suns in the playoffs and faced the Clippers, the Lakers would have lost the hallway series.

From that same season, if the Spurs beat the Mavs and went on to face the Heat in the finals, the Spurs would easily win another championship.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    Ignore list you go for writing something borderline insane.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

I think Malone was overrated... worse than Kg n Barkley, and I'd take Ewing n Drob over him too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    heh, go to basketball-reference.com and pick players that you think are good defensive big men. Then pick some of your favorite guys who score in the paint or, just aren't purely jump shooters.

Then, go head 2 head stats. Compare their head 2 heads. Shaq vs player x. player y vs player x.

Notice how much lower, on average, the fg% especially is vs Shaq. Defense isn't all about blocks, steals, and being agile. Just being Shaq and standing under the hoop is good D and he did so much more than that.

SKILL is such an overrated term. Results = skill. Who could bang with Shaq in NBA history? No one. Hakeem was admirable, but against a prime Shaq he would get shit on.

-Smak
    ill take skill and finesse ala duncan over pure athleticism anyday. duncan also played better defense had more offensive moves and was the better teamate and leader

you might have missed thet last TNT show where shaq himself admitted he played no defense lol

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

A player shouldn't be judged on the amount of rings he has.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    A player shouldn't be judged on the amount of rings he has.
    Far from unpopular.

Banned

russell westbrook is overrated

and to the OP

tim hardaway ball handling> than CP3 but he IS very good i agree

My biggest one lately has been that Wade > Bron career wise so far. Personally that ring in '06, and that Finals performance, just puts him over Bron for me