Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bulls fans, Do you want the Bulls to pursue Dwight Howard?

Dwight Howard with the Chicago Bulls would make them a serious contender. Noah, Deng, and Boozer for Dwight and Hedo looks like a fair trade.

C- Dwight Howard
    F- Taj Gibson
    F- Hedo Turkoglu
    SG- Richard Hamilton
    PG- Derrick Rose

That's a solid starting 5. Dwight is a top 5 player in the NBA, and the best defender and rebounder in the league.

I'd take Dwight if he signed an extension. I'm not giving up Deng and Noah for a 1 year rental.

Rose and Dwight would be insane for the next decade.

I honestly believe Dwight really really wants to be in NJ and will try to force his way there before ending up in LA. I think he'd even take Atlanta. I don't think he wants to be another Shaq. He wants his own legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    I'd take Dwight if he signed an extension. I'm not giving up Deng and Noah for a 1 year rental.

Rose and Dwight would be insane for the next decade.
    I agree. But thee bulls don't need howard. So I wouldn't see why they'd be wiilling to give up so much of their core. The most id give up is boozer and noah. Deng stays. Anything more would be a deal breaker for me.

lol at Bull fans so adament that they dont need Howard.

Sure you dont need him, but you certainly put the team in a better position to win titles.

Dwight is the best big man in the game. He is a top 5 player and Rose can be considered in the top 5 as well.

If the opportunity arises to get Howard and Rose on the same team, they would be really dumb to not jump on that.

Are they much better this particular year in the OP's trade? Maybe not by much, but you will contend for titles in the coming years more so then you will the current squad.

Dwight howard is the best 2 way player in the league. He will give you 20+ points and anchor your entire defense. Plus, the man is the most durable player in the game.

Of course this is all if Dwight is willing to stay in Chicago and not opt out for a 1 year rental.

I'm not sold this current team will have enough on offense. Dwight will need to be doubled whenever he gets the ball. This opens up the floor for Rose and all their shooters. When you have the opportunity to put 2 super stars on one squad who would compliment each other, you jump on it and worry about the other parts later. Players will come on the cheap to play with those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    I honestly believe Dwight really really wants to be in NJ and will try to force his way there before ending up in LA. I think he'd even take Atlanta. I don't think he wants to be another Shaq. He wants his own legacy.

I agree with this. He's said he doesn't want to follow Shaq. And if he does end up in LA or just stacking a team then he'd be doing exactly that. I don't know if he goes to the Nets. I don't know that he doesn't stay with the Magic. He hasn't played his best ball yet and the team looks very good so far. They can be better too.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I agree. But thee bulls don't need howard. So I wouldn't see why they'd be wiilling to give up so much of their core. The most id give up is boozer and noah. Deng stays. Anything more would be a deal breaker for me.

Dwight Howard is a better playoffs performer and a better overall player than Rose. When Rose is struggling offensively. He can run the pick and roll play with Dwight. It's very easy to shutdown Rose because he lacks a consistent mid range jump, and he's like a shorter, less efficient version of Lebron.

College superstar

Yes.

However I'd want an extension from him. No way I'd want to trade away some of our players just so we can have him on the Bulls for the next 6 months.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Dwight Howard is a better playoffs performer and a better overall player than Rose. When Rose is struggling offensively. He can run the pick and roll play with Dwight. It's very easy to shutdown Rose because he lacks a consistent mid range jump, and he's like a shorter, less efficient version of Lebron.

lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas

Sure you dont need him, but you certainly put the team in a better position to win titles.

Dwight is the best big man in the game. He is a top 5 player and Rose can be considered in the top 5 as well.

If the opportunity arises to get Howard and Rose on the same team, they would be really dumb to not jump on that.

Are they much better this particular year in the OP's trade? Maybe not by much, but you will contend for titles in the coming years more so then you will the current squad.

Dwight howard is the best 2 way player in the league. He will give you 20+ points and anchor your entire defense. Plus, the man is the most durable player in the game.

Of course this is all if Dwight is willing to stay in Chicago and not opt out for a 1 year rental.

I'm not sold this current team will have enough on offense. Dwight will need to be doubled whenever he gets the ball. This opens up the floor for Rose and all their shooters. When you have the opportunity to put 2 super stars on one squad who would compliment each other, you jump on it and worry about the other parts later. Players will come on the cheap to play with those 2.
    The bulls don't need howard if the price is gonna be three of their top players. I honestly used to agree that the bulls should trade that much for howard. Bot now? No.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

I would not be interested in seeing guys like Deng, TAJinater, and Noah leave for a guy that is not smart enough to want to be here for himself. I don't think I could ever like Howard as much as I like Noah.

I would rather spend my time wishing for another exceptional shooting guard to come along than dreaming about Dwight. In the meantime I am just going to wish for Boozer to step-up and play his best Basketball in the playoffs.

Screw Dwight Howard.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

You always make really good posts but I disagree with you on this. Dwight may be the best center in the NBA but Noah does things that are rather unique to the center position; a good example would be the time he stole the ball from Paul Pierce (in the epic playoff series two seasons ago) and dribbled all he way down the court for huge dunk as he was fouled.

Noah is a very good defender, rebounds like a beast, learned to pass well from Brad miller, hustles every play, is faster than most centers, has a decent jumpshot from 12 feet, and has many intangibles that make him a special player.

I just don't believe the Bulls need to have the best center in the NBA to win it all.

If we could keep Deng then yes. I think that if we get Howard then playing here could possibly change his mind with the extreme success and probably beating the Heat in the playoffs. If he is still against resigning and wants elsewhere then we could use the cap space to sign other players in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Dwight Howard with the Chicago Bulls would make them a serious contender. Noah, Deng, and Boozer for Dwight and Hedo looks like a fair trade.

C- Dwight Howard
    F- Taj Gibson
    F- Hedo Turkoglu
    SG- Richard Hamilton
    PG- Derrick Rose

That's a solid starting 5. Dwight is a top 5 player in the NBA, and the best defender and rebounder in the league.
    This trade doesn't work. One of Boozer or Deng will stay if Dwight is traded for unless they want to give up Anderson.

3-time NBA All-Star

Seriously. I'm a Bulls fan and I like Noah and Deng alot, while I don't care for Howard that much, but this is a no-brainer. From a GMs point of view, this is a no-brainer.

And anybody that says we don't need him is way too overconfident. We're not the defending champs that didn't make much changes nor are we the favorites for this year. Not to mention that over the long-term its clearly the right move.