Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Real Madrid just beat OKC

swept in the 1st round of euroleague playoffs = "the greatest team in Euroleague history"

Oh, and this Coach Nick POS............

this mofo can suck it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK10JzbWcAA

"Real Madrid and Olympiacos are almost as good as an average mid major (in other words not even a good college team) NCAA college team."

"It's not as good as an upper level college team".

"Rudy Fernandez is the only player that could ever play in the NBA"......

Oh yeah, and Nikola Mirotic played on that team, and like a year later he made a video claiming, how he was for sure "an NBA level player".

In other words, according to Coach Nick, an AVERAGE college team could drop 142 points on the Thunder, and beat them.

Hey Coach Nick, go to hell.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-03-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    OKC is probably a 15 win team without Westbrook. I would expect the greatest team in Euroleague history to beat a 15 win OKC squad.

I'd say this performance puts Euroleague over CBA, by just a hair. Still well below NCAA though.
    They are a 25-30 win team without Westbrook.
    The nets won 21 games last season with actual junk.
    OKC today had RWB for 22 mins, Kanter full game, Oladipo full game and solid role players playing full games.

You either have sadly lowered yourself to a pathetic troll, or you are a legitimate basketball DOLT.

Coach Nick doesn't understand basketball at all.

The 5% of stuff he says that is correct, someone else directly told him and he repeated it.

It's the Thunder's first pre-season game of the year... halfway across the planet. Real Madrid is a legit team, but let's not get too excited.

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    Llull should play in the NBA
    He can easily play in the NBA, but to say he "should" is wrong.

He has to take 8-9 ridiculous heat checks a game to get into a flow on offense, and an NBA coach won't let some 30 year old Euro from Euroleague rookie do that.

He could do well in the Spurs, Warriors, teams like that. In the Rockets, he would never touch the ball.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-03-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    It's the Thunder's first pre-season game of the year... halfway across the planet. Real Madrid is a legit team, but let's not get too excited.
    It's more so an education for Americans who rarely leave their mom's basement, let alone there block let alone their city or state.... that USA doesn't produce some super human life form of basketballer.

Multiple times now Euroleague teams have beaten competent NBA teams, yet people still can't accept that there are good teams worldwide, and would rather insult these players and teams out of their own insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    OKC didn't play the best they could but not because lack of effort from the players but because of resting Westbrook too much and injury Adams got.

With them OKC would have won for sure.

But than again Real isn't that good of a team. They used to be good but last season they were 12-15 in EL and got humiliated by Fener in top 8.
    And this year I have a feeling they will be even worse.

I mean they replaced Rodrigez who was one of their best players (although his last season wasn't anything special, which just shows how bad Real was) with 17 year old Doncic (Great prospect and I'm sure he'll become an amazing player but he isn't good enough at this moment to replace Rodrigez).

Only way Real could be good this year is if Rudy starts playing like he did in his prime and after all the injures he had I don't think that's possible.

Sergio Rodriguez was like half of that entire team's offensive firepower. It's amazing, but yeah, Real looks really much, much worse as a team on offense without him. Even though he's awful on defense.

I mean damn...the difference between Llull and Doncic running their offense, as compared to Sergio Rodriguez is incredible. Llull and Doncic added together don't have even half of Rodriguez's play making, court vision, or dribble penetration skills.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-03-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeerghit
    this years real madrid is at the best top 8 euro team..
    Dude, this EuroLeague is insane right now. There is no guarantee that even freaking CSKA can make the playoffs - not in a league as stacked and deep as current EuroLeague.

Real Madrid is definitely talented enough and capable of doing it, but no way in hell can you just say they are a playoff team like it's a fact. No way, not when some of the worst teams in EuroLeague, like Zalgiris, even have a deep and good roster.

I don't think you can pencil in any team in EuroLeague for top 8. I mean, yeah, as Fiba said, Real Madrid went 12-15 in EuroLeague last year, and now this season, just the regular season alone is 30 games long, and all of the weak and easy to beat teams were contracted out of the league, as it went from 24 teams last season, down to just 16 teams this season....

Plus, they lost Sergio Rodriguez, and with all due respect to Sergio Llull and Luka Doncic, anyone that has watched Real when they had Rodriguez as their main point guard, can see that their offense was miles and miles better then that it is now, with Llull and Doncic running the team.

Again, Real certainly has the talent without question, but they are not a shoe in for anything.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-03-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeerghit
    wait till Wednesday they facing barca
    OKC will definitely beat Barca (I think). No way can you beat a Westbrook led team without any guards available on your roster, due to injuries.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-03-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Well Westbrook only played the first quarter and 10 mins of the third quarter. OKC was blowing them out when he was in.
    Only ONE Real Madrid player logged more than 28 minutes in the game. And that was Sergio Llull, who played 35 minutes, because Real's backup point guard (Luka Doncic) is a 17 year old high school senior.

So Llull played 35 out of 53 minutes at point guard, a 17 year old high school senior played the rest of the minutes at point guard..........and no other Real Madrid player played more than 28 minutes........

Stop making excuses.

Real used just as big a rotation of players, and rested their best players, and played their youngest players, and all their bench, just exactly the same way.

This is what is so annoying about NBA only fans when they start these excuses whenever an NBA team loses to a EuroLeague team.

The EuroLeague teams are also playing their bench just as much, or more even in these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Well Barca might be even worse than Real this season. They couldn't even score 60pts in their last game.

It's sad to see how bad both Real and Barcelona had become compared to 5 or 6 years ago.

Barca didn't find a replacement for Navarro (well it's a big question if there ever will be Spanish player as good as Navarro and if so if he would choose Europe over NBA too) and Tomic, who was best C in EL, for some reason (I heard his kid is very sick but don't know if that's true or has an impact on his game) started playing like shit all of a sudden.

And it's not just them, a lot of othere powerhouse teams are weaker than before. For example PAO isn't the same team ever since Diamantidis got old and Obradovic left, OLY is headed in same direction with Spanoulis getting closer to retirement.
    Actually, Panathinaikos will be much better this year I think than they were in the last 4 years or so. Exactly because they finally got rid of Diamantidis. Diamantidis had been playing like an old washed up has been the last 4 years, yet they still based their whole team around him.

All Diamantidis did all game long was run pick and roll 100 times in each game, and just keep jumping in the air and throwing wild passes all over the court.

I know Nick Calathes absolutely sucks, and he's their main point guard now, which is not good, since Calathes is one of the worst rotation point guards in EuroLeague.

But without Diamantidis' corpse on the floor, they can open up their offense, and actually generate something. Especially with Bourousis in the team. I mean current Bourousis is miles and miles better than Diamantidis of the last 4 years.

As far as Spanoulis retiring, he said wants to play 2-3 more years in Olympiacos, and then go back to the NBA. So I don't think they have to worry about it for the next couple of years anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    OKC is probably a 15 win team without Westbrook. I would expect the greatest team in Euroleague history to beat a 15 win OKC squad.

I'd say this performance puts Euroleague over CBA, by just a hair. Still well below NCAA though.

Just for the record, this Milbuck A-HOLE is the same guy that claimed here many, many, MANY times that "Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nikola Mirotic, and Mario Hezonja are the three greatest players in Euroleague history".

He also claimed that, "Luka Doncic is the best player in EuroLeague right now".

Last edited by Euroleague; 10-03-2016 at 09:05 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    They are a 25-30 win team without Westbrook.
    The nets won 21 games last season with actual junk.
    OKC today had RWB for 22 mins, Kanter full game, Oladipo full game and solid role players playing full games.

You either have sadly lowered yourself to a pathetic troll, or you are a legitimate basketball DOLT.
    21 games in the East. 25-30 in the West for a Westbrook-less OKC team? Do you even watch ball? And where was Adams at? They also lost Durant and Ibaka in the off-season.

dj strawberry fruit PARTY today