Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend

Default Re: A disquisition on issues regarding race.

Where yall at, huh??

Where ayybody at??

NBA Legend

The Silence Of The Betas

"hello clarice.... "

Well, the conclusion of the OP was certainly predictable.

5-time NBA All-Star

that real, hardcore, racial supremacists such as you'd find on st0rmfront and the like, DO NOT watch the NBA. And they definitely DO NOT listen to rap music. They just don't. Real racists hate the fukk out of everything black people do. So from that alone, you can basically cross myself and anyone else on Insidehoops off the "archetypal, pure racist" list.
    Completely made up on the spot and a distortion of a semantic to further your point. Rednecks who hate Muslims (and vice versa) love their patriarchal family system and strict adherence to a code. Young people who hate the elderly and would vote to end social security/kill them off still might appreciate the bond husbands and wives have. Even American History X showed that Ed conceptually, likes the macho hierarchical culture that blacks.

The people who kill black people ARE the SAME who inherit part of their culture. It's not uncommon to see brothers kill each other, or nations slaughter each other for minute differences.

You stated previously that "Saracens go YAYAYAYAA with high pitched screams and kill people in towns."
    You also took pride in punching a Mexican.
    Hi Chris.. I'm your conscience. and I'm speaking to you.
    You're not off to a good start in absolving yourself of guilt.. though I'll continue to listen.

Proceed to ad hominem and divert the argument. "Racist!"
    The lowest common denominator of your opponents do it. Some people legitimately see enough evidence coming from someone's mouth and enough slips to the point where they'll extrapolate that same person would definitely; theoretically [in a position of authority] not treat people of different colors fairly.

So again, why is it that particular posters here are perceived as racist while others are not? It essentially comes down to a persons willingness to be honest. As this social experiment done at George Tech University attests, every single person has internal biases. It's a fact of evolution, and it exists within all animals of all species. A squirrel isnt gonna run away if a robin comes walking by, but it will if a human does. Why? Because it knows a robin is not a potential threat, and a human is. It's that simple. It shouldn't even be news to anyone. We all make snap judgements. In any given circumstance, we take ALL available information into account. And what a persons race is, along with how they're dressed, how they walk, the expression on their face, everything about them, registers in our brain and we profile what we know about the general pattern amongst all those different factors. A person with a hood over their head in a dark alley will be seen as more threatening than someone in suspenders and a bow-tie, REGARDLESS of race, because our experiences tell us that someone with a hood up and hands in the hoodie pocket is more likely to be a menace than someone walking around like Urkel.

We all know the statistics, and we all see the patterns in the news. On average, a violent criminal is more likely to be black than any other race. Acknowledging that doesn't mean you hate anyone. It doesn't mean you support apartheid or go around looking for colored fellers to lynch. It means you are acknowledging something as a statistical fact, and understand that it registers in our consciousness like every other bit of information will. Now liberals, knowing where the acknowledgment of the facts COULD lead, preempt that path by denying the facts, pretending they don't see it, twisting it, justifying it etc. Instead of just simply acknowledging it and then moving on to figure out what can be done about. If it will even POSSIBLY lead to criticism of any minority group, they preempt it and try to divert away from that path.

But in the end, the truth is the truth.
    And the TRUTH is, people do not want to live around poor minorities who do not share their culture, because EVERYONE perceives it as more dangerous, and for legitimate factual reasons.
    No disagreements.

Whether it's poor blacks in America, or poor Pakis in England, or poor Africans in Italy or what have you. And it's not just right wingers who feel this way, liberals in every blue city in the country get the hell away from low-income black communities as fast or faster than anyone. They want to pay self-righteous lip service about tolerance and social equality from a safe arm's distance. This is "their thing." And I believe part of the reason they always attempt to pre-empt or divert legitimate discussions about the blurry lines of racial and cultural differences is because they know their self-righteousness is built on a precarious house of cards. If we get to the point of the dialogue where it's time to ask who is actually taking what STEPS to solve the problems... They're exposed. Because they take no steps. Living in gated communities and hissing at people who get caught on hidden camera saying niigger is not steps. Steps would be save yourself some money and go live in an inexpensive house in the ghetto. Save money on property taxes, and live close to your job if you work in the city! AND you're putting money into that struggling community. Oh, but wait.

You're JUST AS BIAS AS THE NEXT GUY. You just hide it due to fear of ostricization and ridicule from the social groups you crave a belonging to.
    A people who acts in that way is hypocritical. In the sense that their actions betray their words, and then they reprimand people like that.

However, that's an example concocted on your head to prove the point. When you begin to have a more integrated Self and perceive the world, your take on things differs a bit. There's likely authentic SJW's and you're pinpointing no the lowest common denominator just as before. There are people who flat out don't honor the concept of racism and have cleared their heads/conditionings to become even more unbiased.

But if someone guy in South Carolina with a confederate flag and a washing machine and some tires in his front lawn says he doesnt wanna live near blacks or "bus them in" then you are on that shit QUICKFAST! Aren't you?
    Because you're soooo much better than him.
    You actually said something like this to JayGuevara before. Jay seemed like a solid put together dude, and you told him "My dad is better than yours."

This is you being haunted and feeling an urge to absolve your guilt through rationalization.

But the TRUTH is, your dual motivations are: 1. Stay safe (hence you don't live anywhere near poor minorities) and 2.
    Cluster together with a social group that you feel superior for belonging to, and make sure you advocate (without any personal analysis) whatever rhetoric, talking points, political stances, and ethical elitism that is considered to be standard membership policy.
    Deuce does not behave like that. Real does not behave like that. Ridonks does not think like that. None of them do that. This is all in your head. However, you at the end of the statement DO endorse elitism on YOUR BEHALF through the alpha-beta scale. Your Christian heart is saying one thing and your left brain is saying another.

The TRUTH is, MOST of you are beta, by nature. And that's why you do not wade out into the depths of analytical debate. You know you're intellectually lightweight and will simply get crushed by the bigger bucks. Thus you stick closely to the liberal flock, and keep twin revolvers with loaded magazines of talking points, buzzwords, and smear labels holstered on each hip.
    Agreed on the intellectually lightweight and beta examples and yes people are lazy when it comes to touching deep issues. But here's the thing. You've allocated this much attention to a subject over and over and over and over and over again.. "on and on like a broken record." Your mental resources would better be served on your writing blog, no?

So what is the conclusion?
    The conclusion is that my prejudices are, IN REALITY, no different than anyone elses here

Incorrect. I can GUARANTEE that if you think the way you act and what you believe, then more than a handful of people here would be more warm and compassionate towards foreigners/people of another race without being trapped up in any unproven preconceived notions about them.

There is a difference of degree in the spectrum of tolerance and I think you really want to be more so.

Because I am HONEST, which I can afford to be because I am alpha. They are INSINCERE, because they are BETA, and need to hide behind a flimsy facade
    This is a fantastic point and made reading your post worthwhile. A good section of people forget self-preservation overrides manners and authenticity is a mark of a human being worthy of being trusted.

to be welcomed into the bosom of the liberal union. If they get pushed out of it, and have to float around on their own??? Perish the thought. They couldn't handle it.
    And this too. Except fulfillment would be found in a community.

Now patch up the "counterpoints" posed by me and Ridonks in a way that'll persuade yourself, sincerely, that you're not a prejudiced guy. You're almost there.

NBA Legend

^ Yeah this is a pretty poor showing here, tbh. Your form isn't what it once was. And in all seriousness, for someone who spends so much time think about me you actually have a pretty poor understanding of who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Completely made up on the spot and a distortion of a semantic to further your point. Rednecks who hate Muslims (and vice versa) love their patriarchal family system and strict adherence to a code. Young people who hate the elderly and would vote to end social security/kill them off still might appreciate the bond husbands and wives have. Even American History X showed that Ed conceptually, likes the macho hierarchical culture that blacks.

The people who kill black people ARE the SAME who inherit part of their culture. It's not uncommon to see brothers kill each other, or nations slaughter each other for minute differences.

You stated previously that "Saracens go YAYAYAYAA with high pitched screams and kill people in towns."

Poor analogy since you're dealing with a bunch of theoreticals, and my example can be verified by simply going and looking at those websites. White supremacists loathe rap. They loathe the NBA. Those people aren't bout modern black culture at all. Whereas I'm as comfortable in the "arts/rec" aspect of it as anyone here - hip hop, ball, fashion, slang, etc. Not only do I not have any animosity to anyone because of their skin color, but I don't resent the good aspects of black culture, I embrace them.

In the words of Cosmo Kramer: "That's what's so insane about this." Literally, LITERALLY the reason people here somehow think I'm a raging racist is because I don't follow suit with the black sympathy card EVERY TIME there is some conflict between a black person and any other party. I mean I'm sorry, but dudes like DeuceWallaces and some others here are trained sociopolitical monkeys. They have a side they NEED to be on, and they do not question that side, and they do not scrutinize the complexities of specific issues. For them, it needs to be black and white, no pun intended. "Do not criticize a black person. Do not criticize any black culture phenomenon. Do not make blacks the subject of humor. Do not take the opposite side in any conflict involving people of color." Etc. For personal, emotional, social reasons they subscribe to this dogma so they can feel safe and secure in the liberal group, and so that they can feel themselves to be superior to anyone that does. People who cannot shine as individuals, always need to prop up their group. That's the average lib in a nutshell. These guys bleet for their side no matter WHAT the issue, no matter WHAT the circumstance. The fact that I WONT do that is what yields their small-minded, ad hominem labeling.

You also took pride in punching a Mexican
    Bro the Mexican punched me. Please don't revise history to drive an agenda.

You actually said something like this to JayGuevara before. Jay seemed like a solid put together dude, and you told him "My dad is better than yours."

Sorry, Roger Clemens, but you are "misremembering." It was I Seen Hippos, and the whole "starface bragging about his dad" trope stems from one specific exchange where hippos was the one who brought up the issue by making some generic insult about my dad, and I retorted that my dad, unlike his, wasn't painting fences in Canada for 7 bucks an hour or something. And from there the trolls took the "starface playing the my dad vs your dad card!!!" thing and ran with it. If you look up the thread you'll see Hippos initiated it and my insult was as generic as his, but nonetheless an apocryphal myth that I brag about my paternal lineage like some well-to-do prep school doily was born. And suddenly the myth that my parents are "rich" was born, which I've never claimed and isn't true. I mean it's all whatever, trolls gonna troll, but if you're gonna bother to write out a long response to my post at least be accurate.

Deuce does not behave like that. Real does not behave like that. Ridonks does not think like that. None of them do that. This is all in your head. However, you at the end of the statement DO endorse elitism on YOUR BEHALF through the alpha-beta scale. Your Christian heart is saying one thing and your left brain is saying another.
    My what? I respect that the church is an important part of many peoples lives. I guess that's where you get the assumption that I'm a practicing Christian? I don't know what else I've posted that would lead you to jump to that conclusion.

Now patch up the "counterpoints" posed by me and Ridonks in a way that'll persuade yourself, sincerely, that you're not a prejudiced guy. You're almost there.
    Prejudice itself has little to do with race. Pre. Judice. Judging before you know. Based on all the information. Grammar, clothing, stature, political affiliation, city of origin, car brand, everything. Literally every person makes these pre judicial judgements. Anyway if you pay attention instead of just blindly ad hominem, you'll notice I do not throw blanket stereotypes out there. I don't go out of my way to qualify every single thing, but I'm not sitting here making chicken and watermelon jokes. If you read carefully, I don't "make fun" of other groups for amusement or to be mean. I make honest observations and offer opinions based on what I see. And that honesty is what rustles the jimmies of the liberal PC weenies here who want to suppress honest observation and criticism of their "special project" groups in the name of their dogma of lipservice tolerance. Gotta tell everyone how tolerant you are. Gotta show off that tolerance! The liberal creed. This is your badge. This is how others know you belong. Make a fuss about tolerance! Cry about tolerance! Call everyone racist! Blah blah blah.

I shouldn't have even bothered taking the time to respond to your post, but there you have it.

I have too many dimensions, and a lot of the more average types of plebs here simply can't understand it. Literally can't compute it in their brains. It's like trying to perceive extra spacial dimensions we don't experience. We just don't have the foundation for it. These mofos don't have the foundation to understand where I'm comin from. It's too many dimensions. Real tawx.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 08-17-2015 at 03:40 AM.

rank sentamentalist

I make honest observations and offer opinions based on what I see.
    no you don't. you aren't exactly astutely aware. nor are you particularly generous as a descriptive observer. your observations are restricted to one particular brand, namely as a secondary source chirping about what other people think. these perceptual reports are dishonest by their very nature since they are ad hominem sentiments from a third party. see: this thread

your opinions are equally short-sighted but for a different reason. when you're off talking about something apolitical in a disinterested way, you're quite insightful. but as soon as a smidgen of a political point is raised, regardless of its flavour, your sensibilities spiral out of control and you turn into a hysterical firebrand raving about 'the left' and 'liberals' and calling everybody pansy dweebs and emotional cvnts and whatever else.

this reduction to black and white typically comes at the expense of any real points that might have slipped into the conversation incidentally, but that you presumably failed to note since they didn't jive with the misanthropic mentality that insists only YOU are honest and genuine and dispassionate, and everybody else is just working for pay or to impress people or rub their bellies or whatever other derogatory motive you assign to people you despise.

plenty of excellent points have been made in this thread. you aren't exactly conversing with a ton of expertise so perhaps some patience is in order. nevertheless i'm certain another look at my retarded squirrel analogy combined with a careful scan of jefferson's antagonistic rambling could well yield exactly the questions you need to ask to make this thread worthwhile. but you gotta distill them by taking in the information, all of the perspectives, and deriving from them whatever they have in common. isolate the similarities and discern the differences. ask probing questions from there.

i'm way past blowing hot air on race issues. we all more or less share a similar idea of their origins. we are also smart enough to see they are (in general) waning. if you want to say something thoughtful about racial relations or race identity or race trends and the human condition, that would be a welcome contribution. but thus far you have failed to say anything of much interest in this thread..

You're a wannabee actor, you're a liberal by default. That's how it works. Others subsidize your existence.

What's a disquisition?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    You're a wannabee actor, you're a liberal by default. That's how it works. Others subsidize your existence.

What's a disquisition?
    *discussion

It kinda makes sense if you put the letters together, in a way, sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Where yall at, huh??

Where ayybody at??
    I would appreciate all in this thread to add a tl:dr to the end of their post.

That way we can get the idea, and if its something you want to argue over, you can go back and read the post to see the position.

Cause thats a whole lot of reading.
    Last edited by UK2K; 08-17-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    *discussion

It kinda makes sense if you put the letters together, in a way, sorta.
    it makes that inquisition song play in my head, the disquisition, lalala

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    So earlier this evening, over in the NBA forum, an angry and misguided young negro accused me of being a "racist."
    Not sure if there was a question of this or not, but I stopped after the first sentence and the answer is "Yes, you are a racist."