Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Serious playground baller SHABBA's Avatar

Arrow Rockets, Blazers, Clippers - who's more likely to do something in the playoffs?

Been occupying the 3-5 spots in the West for a while, who's best placed to potentially cause an upset of OKC/SAS or make the WCF?

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Rockets, Blazers, Clippers - who's more likely to do something in the playoffs?

Clippers by expectation. Rockets can win a series though. Blazers are dead.

Default Re: Rockets, Blazers, Clippers - who's more likely to do something in the playoffs?

Clippers.

Better coaching. All the players know their roles. They aren't trying to do anything new. They play defence when motivated.

Rockets. Gonna have better halfcourt offense and defense in playoffs than Clips and Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Clippers.

Better coaching. All the players know their roles. They aren't trying to do anything new. They play defence when motivated.
    Smh I would kill for my team to have a winning season. Show some confidence

Banned

Rockets aint gonna do shit

Clippers

Doc factor. They are the best team of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Smh I would kill for my team to have a winning season. Show some confidence
    I do. I'm a realist though. This isn't a make or break season for us. We still don't even have our roster set. We still have 2 players that want to be traded etc etc. I'm happy don't get me wrong. I'm glad we're not mediocre anymore. I don't have super high expectations of us year 1 though. We're going to lose to teams that have been together longer and equal or better talent and better coaching. I don't see us beating OKC, Spurs or Clipps in a playoff series right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Rockets. Gonna have better halfcourt offense and defense in playoffs than Clips and Oregon
    See this right here, this is why I'm a realist. I will pretty much put my head on a chopping block and say we're gonna have better halfcourt offense in the second half and playoffs. That's jelling. That comes with chemistry and time.

Defense on the other hand is about effort. Since our guys aren't held accountable by the coach or really even each other, there are no consequences for not giving the needed effort on defense. This is what I've seen from us last season and this season. Perimeter defense is just not there yet. We have the talent. We don't have the effort.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

All 3

kobetard

I do. I'm a realist though. This isn't a make or break season for us. We still don't even have our roster set. We still have 2 players that want to be traded etc etc. I'm happy don't get me wrong. I'm glad we're not mediocre anymore. I don't have super high expectations of us year 1 though. We're going to lose to teams that have been together longer and equal or better talent and better coaching. I don't see us beating OKC, Spurs or Clipps in a playoff series right now.
    though i think they could match up well with the spurs. Can they win it next year?

See this right here, this is why I'm a realist. I will pretty much put my head on a chopping block and say we're gonna have better halfcourt offense in the second half and playoffs. That's jelling. That comes with chemistry and time.

Defense on the other hand is about effort. Since our guys aren't held accountable by the coach or really even each other, there are no consequences for not giving the needed effort on defense. This is what I've seen from us last season and this season. Perimeter defense is just not there yet. We have the talent. We don't have the effort.
    Tbh I think you guys beat the Spurs. If I'm a Rocket fan the main teams I'm concerned about are the Clippers and Thunder.

It really just depends on who plays who. All 3 teams are about the same in terms of how good they are. It just depends on match-ups at that point.

Banned

only clippers will make impact on the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by IMObjective
    though i think they could match up well with the spurs. Can they win it next year?

I'm iffy on the Spurs. I know we've beat them in the reg season, but Pop and the Spurs turn it up in the playoffs. I could easily see us getting outcoached.
    Next year I can't say I think we will. I don't hate McHale, but we need a better coach. Our offense is fine. We need somebody that's gonna make us play defense for all 4 quarters and damn near every possession. I'd much rather see a coaching change before any roster changes.