Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Quote Originally Posted by hippos
    Big 12 had no big men. See what happened when he went up against a group bigs that are aggresive and enjoy contact (MSU). He had a subpar game and Texas lossed.
    21pts 9rbs 4blks in a 2pt loss that was Durants 3rd game of his college career. You f*cking idiot. And if you mention his FG (7-19) he went 1-8 from downtown. So basically his deep ball was off. Kudos for having a freshman in his 3rd game shoot bad from the feld. No really. I'm pretty sure we're gonna see those MSU forwards in the NBA someday (contributing).

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaider
    Look at Tayshaun Prince and how skinny he is, yet he's one of the better defenders of the league.
    Tayshaun Prince isnt weak. He's strong genius. Same with KG, Tyson Chandler. Whose frames didnt change that drastically when they were rookies. But what did improve was thier strength. And Prince spent years in college and learned HOW to play defense. Durant hasnt learned. But he has the ability, the long wingspan to be a heck of a defender.

Local High School Star

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Tayshaun Prince isnt weak. He's strong genius. Same with KG, Tyson Chandler. Whose frames didnt change that drastically when they were rookies. But what did improve was thier strength. And Prince spent years in college and learned HOW to play defense. Durant hasnt learned. But he has the ability, the long wingspan to be a heck of a defender.

I never said Tayshaun Prince was weak, I said he was skinny. Read to Achieve.

Banned

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    21pts 9rbs 4blks in a 2pt loss that was Durants 3rd game of his college career. You f*cking idiot. And if you mention his FG (7-19) he went 1-8 from downtown. So basically his deep ball was off. Kudos for having a freshman in his 3rd game shoot bad from the feld. No really. I'm pretty sure we're gonna see those MSU forwards in the NBA someday (contributing).
    He better not go 1-8 from downtown in the NBA or he will never see the paint.

And why do you think he took 8 threes against MSU?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    So you are saying that Durant is just like you. Are you sure that is a compliment? How much did you sign for?
    Since you are too stupid to see what I'm saying.......

I don't lift weights. Kevin Durant probably doesn't lift weights. We don't lift weights. So in that area, yes, we are the same. As a result, we can't bench 185 pounds (I've never tried, but I'm sure I can't).

Kevin Durant is a badass basketball player, though. He couldn't bench 185 when he was averaging like 23 and 12 at Texas as a freshman. Why does it matter now?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Well, I did it. I have no reason to lie, really -- it's not like I'm flapping about pressing 300+ pounds or something. 185 isn't that big of a deal. And yeah, I've been told that I'm naturally strong; I'm also very broad-shouldered. If I lifted weights for a few years I'd probably look like DHoward, since everyone always thinks I lift as it is because of my chest/shoulders.
    Well there you have it. Genetics helped you in your case. Durant doesnt have the makeup that you have. 185 is THAT big of a deal when you put someone on a bench who has never lifted weights before let alone that weight.

I gurantee that point alone would be proven if we could take the 17-19yr olds here who havent benched press. Heck throw in those who have but nothing consistent. Meaning they did it but havent done it for awhile. Throw 2 45's 2 25's on the bar and spot them...i bet you would be picking it up off thier chest. Bunch of Kevin Durants on that bench minus the game.

You're just naturally strong and probably would look like Van Sniffmuesen from Switzerland in the Strongest Man comp that come on espn.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He took 8 threes because he's a shooter, and "shooters shoot." Why did you reply after you got busted, anyway? People should learn to shut up sometimes (or just don't post the bs to begin with).

Wow.

The kid had one bad shooting game. Fantastic. All hail Michigan State!

Must be because he's weak and not strong.....

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Kevin Durant is a badass basketball player, though. He couldn't bench 185 when he was averaging like 23 and 12 at Texas as a freshman. Why does it matter now?
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain how a lack of upper body strength is going to so severely hold him back. Legs are actually far more important.

Banned

Wow.

The kid had one bad shooting game. Fantastic. All hail Michigan State!

Must be because he's weak and not strong.....
    Oden had lackluster games agaisnt MSU too.....I guess it was just a fluke.

How did I get busted, Get Buckets? I said he was forced to take threes, Gobb disagreed. Where was I busted?

Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaider
    Wow, you think I'm a representative of all Los Angeles Lakers fans??? Thank you for thinking so highly of me, but unfortunately I don't represent all Los Angeles Lakers fans. Now, quit responding to me and get back on topic.
    I think you are representative of Laker fans that people love to hate. Now quit annoying people.
    Last edited by vert48; 06-07-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Oden had lackluster games agaisnt MSU too.....I guess it was just a fluke.

How did I get busted, Get Buckets? I said he was forced to take threes, Gobb disagreed. Where was I busted?
    Probably was seeing as how OSU won the Big Ten and went to the national championship game........

Banned

Probably was seeing as how OSU won the Big Ten and went to the national championship game........
    I'll let you take the easy road out. Have no time for guys that pretend to know about stuff they don't.

Since you are too stupid to see what I'm saying.......

I don't lift weights. Kevin Durant probably doesn't lift weights. We don't lift weights. So in that area, yes, we are the same. As a result, we can't bench 185 pounds (I've never tried, but I'm sure I can't).

I do not care whether he can lift the 185 so much. What concerns me is that he did not see this coming.

Because he avg 6 3pt attempts per game as a freshman. And has shot 8 or more 3pt'ers 9 times last season.

His ball handling needs work. Does have Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Tmac ball handling abilities yet. They are good but they need to be better to suit his athletic ability as he drives to the rim. And also whats married with ball handling can be his physical strength which is needed when he does decide to drive. His game will most likely mirror Dirk but he is more athletic so he wont look like a STIFF out there (like Dirk does dispite his performance). But neither will back you down, have a low post game (I like Durants fadeaway over Dirk 1 hop step crap) until Durant gets stronger.

Like i said I dont expect amazing things like many see as a rookie. We'll see what happens but i think his lack of strength will limit him until he gets stronger. Durant is a scorer and a good shooter but I dont see Ray Allen out there. So maybe Durant shoots shoots and shoots his rookie season like he is Ray Allen (his teammate to be hopefully)

We agree he isnt strong and needs to improve his ball handling. By year 3 he will be a lock as a top 10 player and more than likely arguably a top 5 player. Those are my expectations. Oden and Durant by year 3 = will do that.