Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Default Beasley might go to LA for a first round pick.

via espn insider

Lakers eye Beasley?

UPDATE: Charley Walters of Pioneer Press has had it confirmed that the Lakers do have interest in Michael Beasley.
    The Wolves would probably prefer a pick over a player in return and that's something the Lakers could offer as they own two 2012 first round picks -- their own and the Mavericks.

Walters reports other teams have expressed interest in Beasley, too.
    "I just play basketball, and if that happens, it happens, and I still play basketball," Beasley said. "For now, I'm a Timberwolf. I love my team and my coaches. If it's time for me to go, I have no control over that. I'm just playing the game and keeping my mouth shut."

There were reports last week that the Minnesota Timberwolves have their eye on Pau Gasol, but they probably don't have enough to entice the Los Angeles Lakers to trade the power forward.
    Now we get word from ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that Los Angeles has their eye on small forward Michael Beasley. In fact, according to Broussard, the Lakers may have landed Beasley if they could have acquired Chris Paul.

The Lakers have a $8.9 million trade exception from Lamar Odom and they could send out just a draft pick for Beasley.
    Beasley will be a restricted free agent beginning on July 1 and his future with the Wolves is uncertain.
    The Lakers and Wolves have not spoken about Gasol since preseason, reports Broussard.
    -- Nick Borges

Of course this trade wouldn't solve any of Laker problems.. but it would be a great addition to the team nonetheless. Super Cool Beasley is gonna have a break out year sooner or later. He has raw talent... For real.

Banned

Default Re: Beasley might go to LA for a first round pick.

perfect fit.

the tweener thing would be irrelevant since we have two 7 footers in the starting lineup.

So if Beasely gets beat off the dribble then its neutralized somewhat.

I haven't been impressed by Beasley's game, and I don't know about giving up that pick. Still, maybe it'll work.

I say give up the picks. the Lakers need talent and they are gonna get that level of talent so far down in the draft. they need to take a calculated risk.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I say give up the picks. the Lakers need talent and they are gonna get that level of talent so far down in the draft. they need to take a calculated risk.
    True. I guess any move that doesn't involve Bynum or Pau is worth it.

Beasley
    MWP
    Barnes

add also Arenas on your roster and they'll be having a party in LA

Yes please....

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Please no.....Nets make a friggen move you tards.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Please no.....Nets make a friggen move you tards.
    don't wanna cheer for LA then screw you, find a new player to dickride.

Really hopin Lakers get him.

I had high hopes for this guy, I still believe he can make it, just dont let the mofo get out of the Staples center and into LA

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
    don't wanna cheer for LA then screw you, find a new player to dickride.
    Lol my support is undying. I dont like LA but wish him sucess. He wont get much of it in la with so many scoring options. He will have little freedom with another shotjacker on his team. But even if LA gets him they wont extend him. Im a heat fan so I cant cheer for la but will cheer for Mike.

Banned

Dude has always had game, just never really played up to his potential, maybe playing with Kobe can help.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Maybe the Lakers view is..... Beasley is a lot better than people give him credit for.

Maybe Coach Adelman is having a hard time figuring out what makes players go in Minnesota. Back in his Blazer days he had those guys playing the basketball of their lives, and Sacramento of course... well there's controversy about 2002, Tim Donaghy and all that. So the guy can coach, but he's made a lot of blunders with the Wolves this season; putting Pekovic on the bench at the wrong time has cost at least 2 games and maybe 3; Beasley should be leading the team when he's on the floor but instead a lot of times Rubio or Love stay on the court and run the backups.

Beasley's so-called struggles are only a symptom of Adelman struggling to find the right combination for that Wolf team. They are starting a 3-2 with MB getting a lot of minutes... but Beasley's not getting a rhythm.

Would he do better as a Laker? dunno. He can probably score better than Barnes but do the Lakers need that? Is his defense better?

To me, a first round pick isn't enough for a guy known to perform in the NBA at 19p 6r 2a and just now moving into his strongest years

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Lol my support is undying. I dont like LA but wish him sucess. He wont get much of it in la with so many scoring options. He will have little freedom with another shotjacker on his team. But even if LA gets him they wont extend him. Im a heat fan so I cant cheer for la but will cheer for Mike.
    he can average 17 and 7 and still become a star because of the market he'll be in. Especially if the team wins and advances in the playoffs.