Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis Versus What ISH Trolls Say

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Eddie
    Euroleague is essentially the international version of the d-league. Some make it to the NBA, some don't. The only real difference is it pays more so the betas can run back to it if they suck in the NBA.
    The EL has veterans and teams actually care about playing with good strategy and winning games. The D-league is for young prospects mostly and teams don't care as much about winning as opposed to scouting their own players. EL teams would SHIT on D-league teams, but that doesn't mean there aren't D-leaguers who would be great EL players....remember, some of those guys are future NBA players.

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis Versus What ISH Trolls Say

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    The EL has veterans and teams actually care about playing with good strategy and winning games. The D-league is for young prospects mostly and teams don't care as much about winning as opposed to scouting their own players. EL teams would SHIT on D-league teams, but that doesn't mean there aren't D-leaguers who would be great EL players....remember, some of those guys are future NBA players.
    Understatement.

EL is the 2nd best basketball league in the world, and D-League is like semi-pro level, so not even close.

But that guy is probably a troll, so no point in discussing it...

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis, Versus What ISH Trolls Say

Quote Originally Posted by robert de niro
    I would too
    Gentile was raised as a Panathinaikos fan (the rival and ex team of Spanoulis - most consider it craziest rivalry in sports world), so for him to say Spanoulis is his idol, really shows what kind of impact Spanoulis had on young players in Europe.

And Gentile is not just a nobody in basketball. In fact, the Rockets have tried to sign him several times already. That's just one example of a player Spanoulis influenced.

Antetokounmpo brothers both said in the past that they idolized Spanoulis also. They are both playing in the NBA now.

So he had an impact to NBA, without even being there.

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    he averages 10 points per game in a 30 game season
    I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but Olympiacos (Spanoulis' team) plays about 80 games a season.

And he usually averages around 15 points a game or something like that.

Which is usually in the top 2-5 of the league in scoring, since it's harder to score in European basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but Olympiacos (Spanoulis' team) plays about 80 games a season.

Which is usually in the top 2-5 of the league in scoring, since it's harder to score in European basketball.
    ^true.

I used to make fun of you man, but I started watching Euro ball and realized a lot of what you say is true.

consider this my apology.

Anyone notice how all the comments from all these players have one thing in common?

So much praise, talk about how nice and how great he was.... In Europe.

Nothing about dominating basketball as a whole. Just... Europe.

You don't hear players like Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Jordan, Bird, etc being praised for how good they are at basketball... In America.

They're just great basketball players.

I create a thread in the OTC about the ISH Wiki page and Jeff deletes it.

Euroleague makes it a habit to create thread after thread about non-NBA bullshit, and not only does Jeff keep it up, but he'll sometimes delete negative posts and scold ISH members for telling EL to put his shit in the appropriate sub forum.

No poster on ISH is as protected as Euroleague. No wonder he's always bitching like an entitled baby when people mock him.

Decent playground baller

I am so excited to see V-Span on the Spurs this year!!

Oh wait......

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

He averages 14 in the euroleague, which is a super small sample size compared to an actual season.

In the regular season, where he plays most games, he's closer to 10ppg on average with Olympiacos.

half truths

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    He averages 14 in the euroleague, which is a super small sample size compared to an actual season.

In the regular season, where he plays most games, he's closer to 10ppg on average with Olympiacos.

half truths
    His career average in Euroleague is 14, over 200 games. That's not a small sample size. And he averaged between 14-17 a game every year since 2011.

I don't know what you mean by "regular season"............but you are full of shit. The Euroleague is broken down into stages of the single season. So the average of points per game is just that. There is no such thing as a "regular season" in Euroleague. It's just the first group stage of games.

I don't know why some trolls like you and Outbreak try to push this one particular troll lie so much.

If you are talking about Greek League.........the best players are always rested or the ball is taken away from them during the season until the finals.

He is used basically just as a passer and nothing more in Greek League, where they are trying to involve more players. So if you are using that as an example, that is bullshit.

If he was playing in the 3-5 best teams in Greece (Eurocup clubs) he would average like 25-30 a game in Greek League and I'm not even exaggerating. I'm dead serious.

Vezenkov averaged 17 a game playing in Aris, so Spanoulis would have averaged 30 a game in the same team.

He barely even tries to shoot in Greek League. The only time he is ever looking to score is in Euroleague. If you had ever seen a Euroleague game, or had any concept of how it works, you would understand that. You would know that the biggest clubs and players are taking it easy in their national leagues, except for in the important games.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

You said 80 games a season

Spanoulis has never averaged anything remotely close to 14ppg through 80 games

more like 10

next

Banned

His career average in Euroleague is 14, over 200 games. That's not a small sample size. And he averaged between 14-17 a game every year since 2011.

I don't know what you mean by "regular season"............but you are full of shit. The Euroleague is broken down into stages of the single season. So the average of points per game is just that. There is no such thing as a "regular season" in Euroleague. It's just the first group stage of games.

I don't know why some trolls like you and Outbreak try to push this one particular troll lie so much.

If you are talking about Greek League.........the best players are always rested or the ball is taken away from them during the season until the finals.

He is used basically just as a passer and nothing more in Greek League, where they are trying to involve more players. So if you are using that as an example, that is bullshit.

If he was playing in the 3-5 best teams in Greece (Eurocup clubs) he would average like 25-30 a game in Greek League and I'm not even exaggerating. I'm dead serious.

Vezenkov averaged 17 a game playing in Aris, so Spanoulis would have averaged 30 a game in the same team.

He barely even tries to shoot in Greek League. The only time he is ever looking to score is in Euroleague. If you had ever seen a Euroleague game, or had any concept of how it works, you would understand that. You would know that the biggest clubs and players are taking it easy in their national leagues, except for in the important games.
    My info and links come from the euroleague official website. I guess they are known as trolls too? They gave out the regular season mvo award got deny existed