Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Book 'em Dan'l

Default Re: Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    Rashard Lewis is a defensive liability for the Heat, him making 3s just makes it more difficult to make a decision about who should be on the court
    this plus when the Heat had 0 point guards playing (allen/wade/bron/lewis/andersen or bosh), the heat looked just odd. Spo has to do something with this team in game 4.

this may go the same direction as last year. game 4 wade and bron had superb games to bring the series back.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    spurs had a fluky ass shooting half that won't ever happen again. and the refs helped the spurs for the 3rd straight game. heat in 6.
    You obviously haven't watched much of the Spurs this season. It's much more of a fluke when they have a 15-20 point quarter than a 35-40 pointer.

This isn't Indiana you're dealing with, here. The Spurs are great enough to limit your offense while also destroying your defense. I wouldn't want to be facing them right now.

It feels like one of the best teams I've ever seen. We'll see how the rest of the series plays out. If they continue what they've done the first three games and -- really -- throughout the whole season, this is an all-time great team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    heat in 6 means after what you saw tonight, you think the heat are going to win 3 in a row. I'm not saying it's impossible, but at this point it seems like if the Heat are going to win the series it's going to have to be in 7
    Why even quote or respond to that idiot?

At the beginning, he said Heat in 5.

After game 1, Heat in 5.

After game 2, Heat in 5.

After game 3, Heat in 6.

After every game, "REFS ARE RIGGING FOR SPURS"

It's pointless even acknowledging him.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Didn't some say the Spurs Game 1 4th quarter was a fluke as well? How many flukes are we going to go with until it's the reality of how good San Antonio is? They've done this shit many times this season already where they go on streaky shooting streaks. Nothing new.

it's so often that it ain't even fluke or streaky. that's just how it is.

I mean look at all the threats they have. They can just take turns destroying defenses, inside, post game, mid-range, drive and dish, outside bombing runs.... but what does it, really, is the constant passing and the constant movement and that devastating court vision of Manu Ginobili.

Ginobili has the eyes of a basilisk; where ever he gazes everything bursts into flame.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    You obviously haven't watched much of the Spurs this season. It's much more of a fluke when they have a 15-20 point quarter than a 35-40 pointer.

This isn't Indiana you're dealing with, here. The Spurs are great enough to limit your offense while also destroying your defense. I wouldn't want to be facing them right now.

It feels like one of the best teams I've ever seen. We'll see how the rest of the series plays out. If they continue what they've done the first three games and -- really -- throughout the whole season, this is an all-time great team.

I started to doubt their greatness after that game 2 loss, thought maybe they were outmatched by a heat team led by the best player in the game and swarming defense.

But then I watch game 3 and particularly the first half. Now I believe anything is possible and witnessed a truly special team.

Not sure HOW great, but a team that puts up the best half in NBA playoff history? Has to count for something.

Local High School Star

Danny defense is underrated. he's like a Less aggressive Bowen

Quote Originally Posted by thefatmiral
    He's aggressive and quick but not big enough to guard LeBron in the post. LeBron should be posting him every time up the floor.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

I think the spurs can roughly count on Green to defend Wade and Leonard to defend Lebron, as well as can reasonably be expected. If both of them stay out of foul trouble in the same game, the Heat are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    He's aggressive and quick but not big enough to guard LeBron in the post. LeBron should be posting him every time up the floor.
    If he does that more than 2 or 3 times Parker and Ginobili will eat LeBron alive with steals.
    He has never had a post game that can be displayed against experienced quickness and hands of thieves coming from the ball side. Spurs Iso rotations are far too strong. Dirk can pull that off against San Antonio, but not James.

People do realize he was second among guards in defensive rating this season right? Only behind Paul George if I remember correctly.

I read the Spurs board, and for most of the season they've been saying that Green is their best perimeter defender.

Kawai gets all the credit in this regard, but to be honest they've had the best perimeter defensive duo in the league all season, with two perimeter defenders in the top 16 in defensive rating all season

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Green's been pretty underrated for a few seasons now. I remember him grading out as one of the best d/3 players in the league for the past 3 seasons.

He's kind of weird in that he's not overly athletic and he doesn't move his feet as well as you want. Nor he is strong enough to wall the offensive player into the help defense most of the time. But his reaching is insane Like his timing and accuracy is incredible. I remember that play in the Finals last year where he cleanly stripped LeBron on one of LeBron's patent fastbreaks which almost no one stops. And he's probably a top 3 or 5 shot blocking SG in the NBA. Looking at ESPN's stats, he led the league at bpg for SGs by a good margin (.9 to Giannis' .79 and then Butler at .54). Led the league in 2013 and second in 2012. And he's doing it in ~20 mpg.

Too bad his handle is weak. Nice role player and unusual player. Props to Pop for finding a niche for him. He probably wouldn't be in the NBA if it weren't for the Spurs. Now it looks like he could be a role player on any team.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    If he does that more than 2 or 3 times Parker and Ginobili will eat LeBron alive with steals.
    He has never had a post game that can be displayed against experienced quickness and hands of thieves coming from the ball side. Spurs Iso rotations are far too strong. Dirk can pull that off against San Antonio, but not James.
    If he's the "goat" like all his fans like to say, he should be able to pull it off.

I have no opinion other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    If he's the "goat" like all his fans like to say, he should be able to pull it off.

I have no opinion other than that.
    yes

Nuts how great Spurs shoot the ball from deep. Heat really need their D. Their offense isn't the issue.

The first half really demolished the Heat. That's an understatement as well. 71 first half points on near 90% shooting. They regresses a lot in the 2nd half though. 40 points. If only the Heat was able to keep up with them. Too many stupid TOV's, which led to points. Overcommitting (again, I've been saying this since day 1) on players who don't deserve that kind of defensive attention. Miami should've tried to put them in a position to take bad shots. Not trying to force TOV's. That's a stupid strategy against this Spurs team.

LeBron. Dude is extremely frustrating to watch. Was pretty good in G1 (minus the cramps), terrific in G2, and downright terrible after the first quarter in G3. 6 points and 5 TOV's in the 3rd and 4th? Dude should just say **** it and start to chuck up shots.

Mario Chalmers. This mother****er needs to test positive for drugs or some shit. Tried to "take over" the game and missed a couple of shots, leading to SAS points in the 4th. Dumb TOV's and fouls. Dude is legit retarded. He should be reminded that he's a scrub, not a star player. Had a TOV as soon as he entered the game in the 4th.