Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Jimmer Fredette

Default Re: Jimmer Fredette

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
    About 30 seconds in? Why would you play 8 feet off of Jimmer and try to double the ball-handler. Leaving him easily open for a three? The kid is going to cause nightmarish spacing issues.

Also I just realized his coach his Paul Westphal. Something tells me he's not going to be worried about his defense.

Plus, he's getting monster minutes from Kings coach Paul Westphal, who's a Fredette Freak already. The other day in practice, Jimmer was coming up to the hash mark -- 28 feet from the hoop -- when Westphal hollered, "Shoot it!"

"Why not?" Westphal says. "Every time he shoots it, I think it's going in. It's beautiful and effortless."

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    disagree. Kerr was a better defender and shooter.
    Kerr might have been a better shooter (Although I'm not sure that's actually true), but Jimmer is a much better scorer. He can create his own shot and drive better than Kerr. Kerr has admitted he couldn't create his own shot.

Kerr was a spot-up shooter. Jimmer gives you that and more. And has 25 foot ranger. Don't know if Kerr had that range (He might have but never set up to take shots from there. Dunno if Jimmer will do that in the NBA either, but in college, he was bombs away.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarip
    he's not in good enough shape to be a really effective perimeter man-to-man defender. Especially given how he's not a naturally explosive player.

However this won't necessarily stop him from being a good system defender.
    How exactly is he not in shape?

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

jimmer fredette really reminds me alot of shaquille O'Neil the similarities are just too much too list

I was banging seven gram rocks--that's how I roll.