Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #121
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Holy... Sheed says NBA fake, fixed and like the WWE now.

I find it funny that people use the argument that a Pistons/Spurs finals would have been a ratings bomb.

Pistons/Spurs 2005 > Cavs/Spurs 2007

Based on that logic, the league should favor the Pistons this year when choosing who the Spurs play in the finals.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #122
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
I find it funny that people use the argument that a Pistons/Spurs finals would have been a ratings bomb.

Pistons/Spurs 2005 > Cavs/Spurs 2007

Based on that logic, the league should favor the Pistons this year when choosing who the Spurs play in the finals.
how about the fact that the league had a dubious suspension go against the suns in the conference semis, a suspension that they could have stepped in and waved if they'd wanted to try to get more revenue by extending the spurs / suns contest and better rating if they could just keep on fixing games to put the more popular team to watch in the finals.

i mean there's a reason hulk hogan won 95% of his matches, and it's not because he was a fantastic athlete who shined on the wrestling mat and vince said, "no one would believe it if andre beat hogan. better let hogan win to convince the marks that we're legit." hogan won to bring in more revenue cause a bunch of children and their fat dads thought hulkamania ruled.

the spurs won because they were the best team. nobody thinks duncanmania rules. if the suns, yaos, or iverson/melos had lost to the lebrons or the shaq/wades in 7 games then the conspiracy nuts would have a case.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #123
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

I really wasn't talking about wrestling or the Western Conference... Maybe you misquoted?
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:06 PM   #124
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
I really wasn't talking about wrestling or the Western Conference... Maybe you misquoted?
i'm not arguing against you, just backing you up that the league is doing a piss poor job of fixing games if they want to get ratings and alluding to sheeds statements about the wwf.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #125
JPR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i'm not arguing against you, just backing you up that the league is doing a piss poor job of fixing games if they want to get ratings and alluding to sheeds statements about the wwf.

i think of the league as more of care takers of the NBA. they're going to make money regardless. they don't have to always choose the richest option when every other option is already rich to begin with. they want to teach lessons to all its' members including GMs and Coaches. That's why they made the Celtics an example in last year's draft lottery.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #126
Charlie Sheen
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
Just watch what Varejao did in game 6. It was disgusting. He wasn't even playing basketball and it was obvious. The officials rewarded him for his antics and it was embarrassing. I was hoping Sheed would've knocked out that scumbag before he was ejected. The reason Sheed had that eruption in game 6 is because he knew exactly what was happening. You naive tools can ignore it all you want.

Is this a joke? Shaquille O'neal was forced to overcome these "disgusting" antics of many players before Varejao. 'Sheed can't handle it for a series, so the integrity of the league must be compromised.

lol @ your solution: Punch someone in the face if they don't play the game of basketball according to your interpretation?
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #127
KempSonics
Local High School Star

The refs knew what Varejao was doing because it was a big topic of discussion off the court. Yet they let him get away with all of his BS because it was against Rasheed. As for me wanting Sheed to punch Varejao in the face, so what you little wimp? You started a new account just to post that? Get the eff out of here queer.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #128
Charlie Sheen
Decent college freshman

Are you suggesting, it is impossible for the nba to field an officiating crew that wouldn't have some kind of personal vendetta against Rasheed?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #129
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Wow this is one bold muthafker
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #130
FPower
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Are you suggesting, it is impossible for the nba to field an officiating crew that wouldn't have some kind of personal vendetta against Rasheed?

I would defintely say that is true. It's impossible to field an NBA officiating team that treats Sheed fairly. Is that Rasheed's own fault? Of course. He probably deserves 90% of the blame, while I'll give 10% to the refs' own arrogance and egos.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #131
KempSonics
Local High School Star

Sheed has made his bed with the officials but it will never get any better becasue the officials go out of their way to mess with him. It's known that defenders can get away with more when guarding Sheed. Trust me. Pay attention to the next time you watch a Pistons game. Watch what happens when Rasheed gets the ball on the low block. It's foul city and it's rarely called. It's on purpose.

BTW, sorry for snapping at you dude.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #132
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
if the nba was rigged the spurs would never be allowed to make the finals. they are proven ratings abortions. it would have been phoenix, houston, la, or denver v. cleveland, miami, or chicago last year, and the lakers, bulls, celts, and knicks would always be in contention.
Honestly if the NBA was rigged Duncan never would've been on the Spurs in the first place.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #133
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
Sheed may be crazy but he speaks the truth, especially on this issue. of course the games are directed to go a certain way. It's the same way in other sports. You know how the Patriots won after 9/11 and the Saints were awesome after Katrina. The games aren't totally rigged but I'd say each and every game played has the possibility of being 100% rigged if the right circumstances come up. After all, more than half of the NBA's refs violated the NBA code by gambling.

speaking of the patriots that year in the superbowl....nobody points out (although I dont think it would of made a difference but you never know...) that after Viniteri made that game winning kick against the rams in that superbowl (with 7 seconds on the clock) there was 2 seconds left and they just said the game was over and the pats never got a chance to kick the ball off for the rams to at least get one play....wonder if any of you guys know what im talking about or remember that play?
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #134
Charlie Sheen
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
Sheed has made his bed with the officials but it will never get any better becasue the officials go out of their way to mess with him. It's known that defenders can get away with more when guarding Sheed. Trust me. Pay attention to the next time you watch a Pistons game. Watch what happens when Rasheed gets the ball on the low block. It's foul city and it's rarely called. It's on purpose.

BTW, sorry for snapping at you dude.

Understood.

What I am saying is: Refs don't go out of their way to deliberately run 'Sheed out of the playoffs. Sure, there is a tolerance for players to be a bit "rougher" with 'Sheed when guarding him and he is a culprit of some weak offensive fouls. I stress though, its a tolerance of acceptable contact and flopping within the framework of the rules. Cleveland sucks, yes. However, it is beginning to look like flip is a gd moron. He's supposed to be the one fighting Rasheed's battles for him. wtf? Rasheed, is the superstar of that team, and he lets it escalate to a point of pissing him off. You work with the dude everyday, so flip has to know he's fragile and waiting to explode with some emotional war on some poor referee.

Anyway, I wouldn't say its fixed, but the comparisons are funny.

Spurs hog the title and they have a boring set of ordinary moves like john cena. (Maybe they will be put out of action with a serious injury, like Cena? pls duncan)
Old 10-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #135
theinfamousmobb
I rule the local playground

Sheed is a b|tch ass crybaby that cant give credit where its due, he also said the 06 ECF was rigged when the Heat beat the Pistons, even is was just Wade ass-raping his team....
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: