Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LeBron James reportedly pressured the NBA to punish the Rockets

NBA star LeBron James reportedly pressured the NBA to punish the Rockets’ General Manager Daryl Morey after he tweeted support for Hong Kong.

James argued that if something an NBA player tweeted had cost the league money they would have been punished, and questioned why the same wasn’t happening to Morey, according to Dave McMenamin on ESPN.

“There would be repercussions the player has to pay. You know, potentially this tweet could cost the NBA hundreds of millions of dollars. That could come out of the players’ pockets, and so that’s the double standard that was being addressed in that meeting,” he continued.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/15/l...r-daryl-morey/

another one. money > basic rights.

all Morey tweeted was "fight for freedom, stand with hongkong." while he's in american.
    Basically, Chinese government is trying to tell a american dude what he can say or not say while he's in america.
    Then his fellow american brother want to get him punished, while the company he works for (NBA) openly said they will stand for freedom of speech.

WTF? RMBron???
    Last edited by bobopenguin; 10-16-2019 at 02:01 AM. Reason: typo

Default Re: LeBron James reportedly pressured the NBA to punish the Rockets

OP is from South Africa

Let that Totalitarian regime situation sink in

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    OP is from South Africa

Let that Totalitarian regime situation sink in
    SA black only cares for SA local black's rights. If Lebron comes out today and tells everyone "i only support my african american black brother's right" then i guess no one would blame him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    SA black only cares for SA local black's rights. If Lebron comes out today and tells everyone "i only support my african american black brother's right" then i guess no one would blame him so much.
    He supports American citizens rights

No need to go meddling in other countries affairs. EG: you living in a totalitarian state obsessed with American views on other countries. Very unusual but quite common and pathetic tbh

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    NBA star LeBron James reportedly pressured the NBA to punish the Rockets’ General Manager Daryl Morey after he tweeted support for Hong Kong.

James argued that if something an NBA player tweeted had cost the league money they would have been punished, and questioned why the same wasn’t happening to Morey, according to Dave McMenamin on ESPN.

“There would be repercussions the player has to pay. You know, potentially this tweet could cost the NBA hundreds of millions of dollars. That could come out of the players’ pockets, and so that’s the double standard that was being addressed in that meeting,” he continued.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/15/l...r-daryl-morey/

another one. money > basic rights.

all Morey tweeted was "fight for freedom, stand with hongkong." while he's in american.
    Basically, Chinese government is trying to tell a american dude what he can say or not say while he's in america.
    Then his fellow american brother want to get him punished, while the company he works for (NBA) openly said they will stand for freedom of speech.

WTF? RMBron???

This is a little confusing. Considering:

Silver pushed back, reminding the players that the league never doled out discipline when they publicly criticized President Donald Trump. Morey was exercising the same liberty when he challenged China.

Seems like Silver applied literally the exact same standard. The reason he didnt punish Morey is the same reason he didn't punish players/coaches for publicly lashing out about Trump: The individuals speaking out have already pissed off some of the public. If the league steps in and muzzles them, it's just going to piss off even more people. So the league's best bet is to just step aside and say "these guys have free speech, we're staying out of it." It's a pretty common sense approach.

Still, I give #LeProfundity the benefit of the doubt. He does have a certain type of knowledge based on his brain, that people can't relate to. I don't presume to be on that level myself. I'm gonna give him and his big dick a pass on this one.

National High School Star

No need to go meddling in other countries affairs. EG: you living in a totalitarian state obsessed with American views on other countries. Very unusual but quite common and pathetic tbh
    now he supports child labor & abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish
    now he supports child labor & abuse
    well he's been mentally abusing weebo's like you for 17 years so I suppose

Has Morey ever tweeted about the police brutality that's happening in his own country?

Priorities seem elsewhere, good shit Bron

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Has Morey ever tweeted about the police brutality that's happening in his own country?

Priorities seem elsewhere, good shit Bron

It's hard to say, since he seems to have a habit of deleting his "STAND AND FIGHT" tweets moments after sending them

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
    It's hard to say, since he seems to have a habit of deleting his "STAND AND FIGHT" tweets moments after sending them
    You'd think he'd have more to say about these issues when majority of his team is made up of the same race that is impacted most by police brutality, but nah Hong Kong though!

Bron with the facts

Tell em

3-time NBA All-Star

I'm pretty sure everyone within the NBA is pissed at Morey, including Silver and the owners, not just the players.

The only reason Morey is not getting punished is because of the backlash that the NBA would get for it from the US people because they will say he's getting punished for exercising freedom of speech. If the NBA could just make things go back to normal just by canning Morey without any other repercussions, they would gladly do that.

Which is why the fact that Morey isn't a player has nothing to do with this. Here in the US, they would look at a player getting punished for exercising freedom of speech the same way.

Very good NBA starter

All I get from this is an NBA player trying to level the playing field...

I'm curious to see how lebron responds to this stuff as an owner..its gotta be different seeing things as the professional athlete and then as a owner/GM

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Morey later said , If I don't win the chip this year , and you better fix that Silver , I will take it out on the players pocket books.