Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Shaq would rather have Brook Lopez over Dwight

What does this say about Brook Lopez? On NBA.com, in a Open Night video or whatever it's called, Shaq said that because Brook Lopez is only one of two "true back to the basket centers", he would rather take him over Dwight. He also said that Brook, prior injury, was putting up very good big man numbers. 20/8 were his numbers prior injury. A lot of people are underrating how great Brook Lopez is but in reference to what Shaq said, what do Knowledgable aware posters expect from Brook Lopez this year? I expect 22/9. I would love to say 22/10 but with the rebounding Kris Humphries and Gerald Wallace are expected to do, Lopez's numbers will go down. Stupid, uneducated people are unwelcome.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Shaq would rather have Brook Lopez over Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    What does this say about Brook Lopez? On NBA.com, in a Open Night video or whatever it's called, Shaq said that because Brook Lopez is only one of two "true back to the basket centers", he would rather take him over Dwight. He also said that Brook, prior injury, was putting up very good big man numbers. 20/8 were his numbers prior injury. A lot of people are underrating how great Brook Lopez is but in reference to what Shaq said, what do Knowledgable aware posters expect from Brook Lopez this year? I expect 22/9. I would love to say 22/10 but with the rebounding Kris Humphries and Gerald Wallace are expected to do, Lopez's numbers will go down. Stupid, uneducated people are unwelcome.
    Brook Lopez will bounce back for sure but he'll probably be like 18-7 with a block.

Really Shaq? Come on.

The Nets giving Lopez such a huge contract puts a black cloud over the otherwise good offseason they had. He's just not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Really Shaq? Come on.

The Nets giving Lopez such a huge contract puts a black cloud over the otherwise good offseason the Nets had. He's just not very good.
    I'll be slightly gently on you because I believe you're a Nets fan.
    But you do know that Brook Lopez had TWO max contract offers from Charlotte and Portland, correct? If the Nets low-balled Lopez, he would have just went elsewhere. The Nets had no choice.
    Let him go, and have Humphries as you're starting center, or use Prok cash to lure a very very serviceable center in Brook Lopez.

17/7. Not 20 simply because the Nets are goign to have to involve all these new people, it will build bad chemistry to feed an existing guy and ignore the other guys. 17 very efficient points though whereas at times he got 20 but he was forcefed. I think his offense will be very good.

As far as 8/9 rebounds, who are you watching?

And Shaq saying he'd rather have Brook over Dwight is retarded, Brook Lopez isn't 1/10th the defensive presence out there that Dwight is. Dwight has so much more impact. The Nets begged Orlando for 8 months to take Brook and every other thing they had and give them Dwight, do you think Brook is somehow comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    I'll be slightly gently on you because I believe you're a Nets fan.
    But you do know that Brook Lopez had TWO max contract offers from Charlotte and Portland, correct? If the Nets low-balled Lopez, he would have just went elsewhere. The Nets had no choice.
    I know. Just let him walk if they're offering such ridiculous contracts. Let them have buyer remorse instead of us.

The guy played 5 games last year. The reward? A big fat contract. It's just stupid imo. I think they'll regret this.

We need a shaq smilie but for now.....

Stanford represent

seriously though, Shaq needs to end his crusade against Dwight...he's taking it waaaaaaay too far at this point

Banned

lol at believing Shaq. He clearly said it just to stir up some controversy. He always does this.

I know. Just let him walk if they're offering such ridiculous contracts. Let them have buyer remorse instead of us.

The guy played 5 games last year. The reward? A big fat contract. It's just stupid imo. I think they'll regret this.
    What was the point in negging me and leaving your name?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    What was the point in negging me and leaving your name?

So you just believe the signatures on your negs?

I didn't neg you buddy.

I didn't neg you buddy.
    Ok.

I didn't neg you buddy.
    this

almost every single neg I get is signed '-CF86' lol

EDIT: on cue:

Shaq would rather have... 09-29-2012 08:58 PM Stop mentioning my name - CF86

lol I've never even interacted with you my man, this is like the 8th neg from you, though I'm not sure how many are actually yours
    Last edited by fpliii; 09-29-2012 at 08:59 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Lopez is a good player, but come on, no one would take him over Dwight, unless they are retarded or a hater. Shaq clearly diss likes Dwight.

He should be put up something like 17/7. But you can't use Shaq taking him over Dwight as a valid argument for anything, other than arguing Shaq needs to let it go with Dwight.

Why? You're saying it would have been wiser to let him walk to Portland or Charlotte for absolutely nothing in return? Brook Lopez is not a scrub. 17/7 seems to be the consensus in this thread on Lopez's stat line. That's very serviceable numbers. I wouldn't have minded trading him for Dwight but letting him go for free would have been terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by niko
    17/7. Not 20 simply because the Nets are goign to have to involve all these new people, it will build bad chemistry to feed an existing guy and ignore the other guys. 17 very efficient points though whereas at times he got 20 but he was forcefed. I think his offense will be very good.

As far as 8/9 rebounds, who are you watching?

And Shaq saying he'd rather have Brook over Dwight is retarded, Brook Lopez isn't 1/10th the defensive presence out there that Dwight is. Dwight has so much more impact. The Nets begged Orlando for 8 months to take Brook and every other thing they had and give them Dwight, do you think Brook is somehow comparable?
    It's funny because Kenny Smith and Reggie Miller are joking that Brook Lopez came out of nowhere and Shaq would rather have him then Dwight. This hasn't been a debate nor has it been talked about in the past. This was in the spur of the moment and I'm sure a lot more people will talk about Lopez more now since the Nets have 1/5th of their games nationally televised. But in reality he is nothing compared to Dwight.