Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Banned

Default Re: Kobe: Six 30+ pt games in a row at age 34

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
    Oh, just looked it up. In 2003 Kobe's Lakers lost to the Spurs by 28 in the closeout game. Plus they got swept in 1997-1999 or went 4-1 in their final series.

Other than the big diesel carrying the load early on, or having clutch players like Fisher/Gasol what would Kobe's career be?

Dude didn't even MAKE the playoffs in his prime. Lost a 3-1 edge vs. the Suns. Got destroyed by Dallas/OKC the last 2 years. Crushed by Detroit in 5 games (where he was chuck city) and blown out by 40 vs. Boston in 08.

All that opportunity and skill squandered because he can't play team ball and setup other players. It's a travesty actually.
    Then wouldn't it be more impressive for a guy to win his way and lose his way because he can't play "team" ball than it is for a guy that can win playing team ball.

I mean the entire premise is playing team ball which means you are more accustom to relying more on your teammates.

Where the other guy, was based solely on his own contribution to winning?

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Yes.

There is a huge difference from Majors and Minors.

That's why you hang out on a "basketball" forum and not a baseball one.
    Dudes throw just as hard in both leagues. Again, we're not talking about him playing t-ball now are we?

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Oh, just looked it up. In 2003 Kobe's Lakers lost to the Spurs by 28 in the closeout game. Plus they got swept in 1997-1999 or went 4-1 in their final series.

Other than the big diesel carrying the load early on, or having clutch players like Fisher/Gasol what would Kobe's career be?

Dude didn't even MAKE the playoffs in his prime. Lost a 3-1 edge vs. the Suns. Got destroyed by Dallas/OKC the last 2 years. Crushed by Detroit in 5 games (where he was chuck city) and blown out by 40 vs. Boston in 08.

All that opportunity and skill squandered because he can't play team ball and setup other players. It's a travesty actually.
    Kinda crazy how both Kobe and Mcgrady in their best statistical seasons went up 3-1 against a far superior team and then lost the next 3.

And BTW, the Barons were a AA- minor league division not AAA

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Then wouldn't it be more impressive for a guy to win his way and lose his way because he can't play "team" ball than it is for a guy that can win playing team ball.

I mean the entire premise is playing team ball which means you are more accustom to relying more on your teammates.

Could it be...(drumroll) the assists/blocks/rebounds MJ got along with his points? This isn't tough.

Yep, Kobe's "prime" 2004-2005 season, the impressive 34-48 record, was certainly smart of him to run Shaq out of town. He did win the 34 games "his way" though.

Banned

Dudes throw just as hard in both leagues. Again, we're not talking about him playing t-ball now are we?
    You have to remember MJ played baseball for a majority of his childhood life. I believe the last time he played was in high school.

He was a natural athlete. I am sure he can hit minor league pitchers. You act as though, he just decided to try baseball out. The man was already trained at an early age on how to hit pitches.

As great of an athlete he was, I am sure he would have went on to play baseball at a professional level whether that is the minors or majors. The fact that he was hitting minor league pitches comes as no surprise. This is one of the greatest athlete in sports but I refuse to believe that he had to "reform" his body for minor league baseball when basketball is much more demanding.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

You have to remember MJ played baseball for a majority of his childhood life. I believe the last time he played was in high school.

He was a natural athlete. I am sure he can hit minor league pitchers. You act as though, he just decided to try baseball out. The man was already trained at an early age on how to hit pitches.

As great of an athlete he was, I am sure he would have went on to play baseball at a professional level whether that is the minors or majors. The fact that he was hitting minor league pitches comes as no surprise. This is one of the greatest athlete in sports but I refuse to believe that he had to "reform" his body for minor league baseball when basketball is much more demanding.
    Too much wrong in this post. Just way too much.

Damn are you related to Kobe or something. Seriously, it's pathetic how much time you spend talking about him. Go out and get some fresh air. Hey, you might even talk to a girl