Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Michael Jordan ran a 4.3 40 yard dash, and had a 48" vertical!

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Show me Jordan getting his head above the rim JUST ONCE by JUST AN INCH, and I'll even START to consider it. Go ahead, post a clip
    How did I know you'd make your twice monthly post in this thread.

That famous dunk contest dunk where he reverses it, he takes off and is gliding for quite some time, and on the descent still has to duck his head as he comes under the basket.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Show me Jordan getting his head above the rim JUST ONCE by JUST AN INCH, and I'll even START to consider it. Go ahead, post a clip

Jordan getting his head well above rim-level on long distance free throw line, distance and height.

Notice Jordan's head over rim height even on "the shot".

Sorry you exposed yourself as a failure as a basketball fan. The "court level" views of the old school game weren't as prevalent as they are now. Jordan getting his head at rim height and higher would be most prominent in the 80's.

Thanks for playing!

Last edited by bruceblitz; 03-05-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Gingereffic
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Yeah, I don't think MJ had a 48" vert, more like 42-44", which would put his head at rim level or slightly above.

Yea I don't see MJ jumping 48 inches more like 42-44.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    How did I know you'd make your twice monthly post in this thread.

That famous dunk contest dunk where he reverses it, he takes off and is gliding for quite some time, and on the descent still has to duck his head as he comes under the basket.
    Anyone who plays basketball at a semi high level knows Ur dunks don't prove the max height you can get. If you Jordan to just jump as high as he could to see how high he could get his head above the rim he would make all you guys who don't believe look like fools. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz

Jordan getting his head rim-level on long distance free throw line, distance and height.

Sorry you exposed yourself as a failure as a basketball fan. The "court level" views of the old school game weren't as prevalent as they are now. Jordan getting his head at rim height and higher would be most prominent in the 80's.

Thanks for playing!

Last pic in black in white looks crazy. that should be proof to anyone. I think him and Wilkins each had legit 45+ inch verts.

BirdOverrated
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

lolmao At 48 Inch Vert

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BirdOverrated
    lolmao At 48 Inch Vert
    laughing out loud my ass off?

god you really are retarded.

Still waiting for a CLEAR pic where his head is ABOVE the rim. No angles or BS like that. Real talk Jordan Jockers. Man up or shut up.

Jordan getting his head well above rim-level on long distance free throw line, distance and height.

The shutdown.

Jordan was a little over 6'4" true height, and clearly he had at least a 46'' vertical with the ball in his hands. 48" without the ball. Ran a 4.3 40 yard dash. Could throw a football well over 60 yards.

GOAT athlete!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdOverrated
    lolmao At 48 Inch Vert Kobe's is only 38"!

I usually hit open layups

The closest in all those pictures has Jordan with the top of his head at teh bottom of teh ring at best

They are all taken from low angles and "the shot" is taken from the other end of the court, from a low angle, with the ring 15 feet past him, perspective puts his head below the ring on that one too

In NOT ONE of those pics his head clearing the rim. Real talk Jordan Jockers. Cut the BS. It wont change the TRUTH. Man up or shut up. WE'RE WAAAAITING.

I believe MJ had a 42+ vert for sure, but none of those posted pictures show the top of his head at rim level, except the black and white one, the one where he is J'ing it from the freethrow line. For the top of his head to be rim level, the top of his head MUST be displayed ABOVE the rim, top of head @ rim level doesn't cut it, since those are all photos from below.

Actually, in the black and white one, top of his head is at rim level, but shot is from below so take 1-2+ inches off...

For a legit photo, the angle of the shot has to be so that the arc of the rim is non-existant, meaning the rim would look like a straight line...for every inch that the back side of the rim is visible, you must draw the angle out...and every inch a player is further from the rim must be taken into account also...
    Last edited by lefthook00; 03-05-2009 at 11:59 PM.

In NOT ONE of those pics his head clearing the rim. Real talk Jordan Jockers. Cut the BS. It wont change the TRUTH. Man up or shut up. WE'RE WAAAAITING.

Get your eyes checked!

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Kadour Xiani has a 60 inch vertical, I guess at 5'9" where does that put Xiani's head? Randy Moss has a 51 inch vertical. I posted the links for proof. These are verticals recorded without the ball. Jordan legitimately had a 48" vertical. I saw him run a 4.3 live on TV, he had a 48" vertical which he displayed live on TV, and he also threw a football over 60 yards.

It was a special event that was run by Deion Sanders. I guess a lot of you Johnny come latelys have a lot to learn.

Kids (sigh)
    @ 60" vertical.

Also, Kadour is a one footed jumper, vertical is measured when you're jumping off two feet.

If you think he or anyone on this planet has a 60" vertical I'd like to sell you a bridge.