Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default I hope the Heat dont have to play the Grizzlies in the finals

That would be a pain in the a$$ grind it out series..

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: I hope the Heat dont have to play the Grizzlies in the finals

I'd take Miami in six. Tough battle, but I like Miami's advantage on the perimeter over Memphis on the inside.

Grizzlies would be another sacrificial animal for the Heat if they did.

Not airballing my layups anymore MARLO's Avatar

As much as I love the Grizzlies, they need a shooter. Their perimeter offense is LACKING.

If they get to the Finals, Marc and Z-Bo are going to be very tired from fighting through triple/quadruple team defense..

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Grizzlies beat the Heat easily at home.. the shooters got hot. In Miami it was close until LeBron hit a 3 late in the 4th.. but a lot has changed since then.

Grizzlies fight to the death.. and I think the Clippers realised it in the middle of game 3, and things got really chippy and they kept fouling. It was like they realised.. win or lose.. that Grizzlies won't lie down and will keep fighting and from that moment on.. the series has changed and Grizzlies have had 3 comfortable wins.

It'd be a good series but gotta get there first. And Heat have so many shooters, plus good D, plus LeBron.

No one on the Grizzlies can guard Lebraahn jaayyynn

But the Grizzlies will give the Heat trouble with Zach and Gasol.

Spurs on the other hand have a realistic chance at beating the heat and winning it all this year.

So it's either Heat-Grizzlies or Heat-Spurs.

Both series will be at least 6 games

College star

Grizzlies wouldn't be able to win that series versus Miami without someone on the perimeter that can hit some threes, because you know Miami would be doubling the **** out of ZBo and Marc.

I really wouldn't want to see that series, honestly. Bosh and Battier would flop against ZBo in the post, and I foresee the refs not allowing the Grizzlies to play their physical brand of basketball.

Rather see the Spurs make it to the Finals. They can play fast or slow, and their ball movement would be crucial.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

I said this early in the season when the Memphis bigs dismantled our front court. They're the only team I can see beating Miami in a series.

We had Melo playing at the 4 and they just beasted on us, got us in early foul trouble and then did whatever they want. You're going to have to have Bosh on one of the 2, and that's not good for Miami.
    Last edited by SevereUpInHere; 05-01-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Banned

Heat would have to make their 3s and they will win

Not airballing my layups anymore MARLO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    Heat would have to make their 3s and they will win
    Yea it's the same old story; whoever plays the Heat in the Finals will have to double Lebron, leaving an elite 3-point shooter open on the perimeter.. Ugh

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    No one on the Grizzlies can guard Lebraahn jaayyynn

But the Grizzlies will give the Heat trouble with Zach and Gasol.

Spurs on the other hand have a realistic chance at beating the heat and winning it all this year.

So it's either Heat-Grizzlies or Heat-Spurs.

Both series will be at least 6 games
    Tony Allen will do a pretty good job.

The Grizzlies probably match-up better with the Heat than any team in the league. They've got the best frontcourt in the NBA, and are probably the team that best exploit Miami's smallball lineup. However, I don't think they'd be able to score enough to beat the Heat. I mean even if the controlled the tempo, I still the games being of the 94-87 variety. Miami's just too explosive offensively to consistently hold to under 90 points and I'm not sure the Grizz have the firepower on offense to keep up.

I was thinking about this earlier. Do you know how scary and unbeatable Memphis would be if they had someone like Durant or Carmelo filling the SF hole? I know that's going to the extreme with two of the best scorers and players in the league, but that team would be unfairly good.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    The Grizzlies probably match-up better with the Heat than any team in the league. They've got the best frontcourt in the NBA, and are probably the team that best exploit Miami's smallball lineup. However, I don't think they'd be able to score enough to beat the Heat. I mean even if the controlled the tempo, I still the games being of the 94-87 variety. Miami's just too explosive offensively to consistently hold to under 90 points and I'm not sure the Grizz have the firepower on offense to keep up.

I was thinking about this earlier. Do you know how scary and unbeatable Memphis would be if they had someone like Durant or Carmelo filling the SF hole? I know that's going to the extreme with two of the best scorers and players in the league, but that team would be unfairly good.

Well you did have a poor man's Melo/Durant in Rudy Gay, but maybe someone a tier between them, someone Paul Georgeish?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

Good post and I agree but even if Grizz had Rudy Gay still they would be The favorites out West and Would be a nightmare matchup for Miami to win without playing their very best.

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    Tony Allen will do a pretty good job.
    He did a good job on Lebron when he was with the Cavaliers.

The current Lebron has improved alot and he now has a post up game.

Tony Allen is 6'4'' so Lebron is gonna destroy him in the post