Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fifa 13

Default Fifa 13

Thread was requested a little while back.

I know Football/Soccer isn't for a lot of you, but who is planning to get it?

I'm subbed to a lot of FIFA Youtube commentators, some of which attended an EA Community event for a few days and got to play 13. I've heard the game is more realistic, slightly more difficult, but a surprisingly large step up over 12, physics wise.

We'll formulate our own opinions, but hearing nothing but good things from established Youtubers is only a good thing. Though they were hardly likely to be bashing the game while inside the EA building.

Default Re: Fifa 13

I've heard that the MM is improved but from the videos I've seen so far the gameplay looks like FIFA 12.5. I'll play the demo but's it unlikely I'll buy it.
    Pro was looking like a good buy until I heard that they effed up the Master League.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

From the gameplays I saw it looks waaaay too fast for football game.

Demo out on 360 and PC now lads

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Tried it. Its awesome, still havent tried second pes demo, so I cant compare, but FIFA impressed the shit out of me. Very fluid and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Tried it. Its awesome, still havent tried second pes demo, so I cant compare, but FIFA impressed the shit out of me. Very fluid and fun.
    The thing with PES is it's missing so many licenses that setting up before you play has become a chore. Unless you like it to a degree that FIFA is not an option, it's just not a good option. It frustrates me that FIFA has so many exclusive licenses.

I played last generation on VITA, it was really a great version of FIFA.

Played demo with my friends. Game looks ok, seems like they nerfed that finesse shooting a bit and improved longer range shooting. Kevin Prince Boateng is a beast...

Anyone got it?

How are you finding the 'first touch' control? It's a bit of an adjustment for me, my online record so far is pretty ass, but I'm slowly getting used to it. Seems like most people I play seem to pick it up quicker though.

Been playing for nearly a week now, I have the EA Season Ticket which gives early access to the new EA releases.

Overall, really enjoying it, couple of niggles that annoy me. Seems much easier to win and give away penalties now, which in reality is probably a good thing, lunging into tackles without care should be somewhat punished, but there is almost 1 penalty a game for me, pretty much 50/50 between myself and opponent. Corners 90% of the time are too easy to defend, except against a player who has practiced them to death, then they seem difficult, so maybe there is still some sort of corner exploit people are discovering, or maybe I just sucked conceding from 2 corners in one game. Finally, pace whoring is still very much prevalent in the game. Whether overly so, or not, is a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Anyone got it?

How are you finding the 'first touch' control? It's a bit of an adjustment for me, my online record so far is pretty ass, but I'm slowly getting used to it. Seems like most people I play seem to pick it up quicker though.

Been playing for nearly a week now, I have the EA Season Ticket which gives early access to the new EA releases.

Overall, really enjoying it, couple of niggles that annoy me. Seems much easier to win and give away penalties now, which in reality is probably a good thing, lunging into tackles without care should be somewhat punished, but there is almost 1 penalty a game for me, pretty much 50/50 between myself and opponent. Corners 90% of the time are too easy to defend, except against a player who has practiced them to death, then they seem difficult, so maybe there is still some sort of corner exploit people are discovering, or maybe I just sucked conceding from 2 corners in one game. Finally, pace whoring is still very much prevalent in the game. Whether overly so, or not, is a matter of opinion.
    i don't play online just single player. Liking it. Getting used to it, you have to be going at the proper pace to make plays now, more realistic but more of a learning curve. It's easier to score now from out far but close up the defenders try to block your shooting lanes and come over to help. You also have to learn to dribble in small spaces better to avoid the help defending. I really like it.

Collissions are better too, like the little jossling at times off the ball. Cech yesterday went for the ball and after he picked it up he shoved the defender away from him to clear space before he was going to kick it.

Also for all the Madden defenders, amazing how FIFA can still have the same 4,000 modes even with changes but Madden has to take away modes to add new ones.

I wish I had the money for it

I was obsessed with Fifa 12. I kept playing until I got to division 1.

My priority is 2K13 so I'll probably have to wait till Black Friday to get it along with AC3, Dishonored, RE6 and others.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i don't play online just single player. Liking it. Getting used to it, you have to be going at the proper pace to make plays now, more realistic but more of a learning curve. It's easier to score now from out far but close up the defenders try to block your shooting lanes and come over to help. You also have to learn to dribble in small spaces better to avoid the help defending. I really like it.

Collissions are better too, like the little jossling at times off the ball. Cech yesterday went for the ball and after he picked it up he shoved the defender away from him to clear space before he was going to kick it.

Also for all the Madden defenders, amazing how FIFA can still have the same 4,000 modes even with changes but Madden has to take away modes to add new ones.
    Yup, the re-playability on this game is almost second to none. Even though I'm primarily only a Ultimate Team and Head to Head seasons player, I'm already planning to venture out and try some other game modes, so many to choose from!

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Yup, the re-playability on this game is almost second to none. Even though I'm primarily only a Ultimate Team and Head to Head seasons player, I'm already planning to venture out and try some other game modes, so many to choose from!
    i'm the opposite, i don't have flexible time (it's whenever i get a moment) so i play three seasons (not manager mode because i don't like resting players or transfers), EPL, FA Cup and Champions League (which i make). And we both love the game but we play totally different.

Starting to get the timing down and my offense looks much smoother. As my offense gets better the computer is fouling me more which is great. (Makes sense).

Played it yesterday at a friend's place. Didn't play a FIFA for real since Fifa 09.
    They developed the game a lot since '09, but it still got the same spots.

Great that you can play Manager mode together.
    We started a season with Ajax, but since I'm used to playing on legendary difficulty I tried that. We got booted 9:0 in the first game so we tried world class. We could keep up with the CPU, but always lost on stupid last second goals.
    On pro we win every game. Sucks pretty much.

had fifa 12, heard fifa 13 didn't make any major changes so im gonna get nba 2k13 instead