Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Charles Barkley vs. Kevin Garnett

KG...and I say this because his defense was significantly better than Barkley's....while Barkley's offense was just slightly better than Garnett's.

Quote Originally Posted by NoEasy9
    KG...and I say this because his defense was significantly better than Barkley's....while Barkley's offense was just slightly better than Garnett's.

'Lmao

there was just as big a gap between Garnett's defense and Barkley's defense as there was between their offense

BARKLEY was on another level as a scorer

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Folks are quick to forget that Garnett got bounced out of the first round EVERY year except one with Minny. Garnett got swept by Dirk, guarding Dirk the netire series, and Dirk avergaed 36 and 16 ON KG.
    You're quick to forget how f*cking God awful those T'Wolves were. Barkley had good-great role players in Philly and Mose/Dr.J, KJ/Majerle in Phoenix and Hakeem/Pippen in Houston.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will

'Lmao

there was just as big a gap between Garnett's defense and Barkley's defense as there was between their offense

true but it depends on what you need for your team.

It's easier to build around Garnett imo because he could do so much without having to pound the ball and score the rock. In that way it's easier to build a championship team with Garnett than Barkley

I think Garnett-Hakeem-Clyde would been more succesful than Barkley-Pierce-Allen

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will

'Lmao

Sure, Barkley was another level as a scorer, but that doesn't mean he was on an other level offensively...there is more to offense than scoring.

NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

Sure, Barkley was another level as a scorer, but that doesn't mean he was on an other level offensively...there is more to offense than scoring.
    What ? Rebounding ? Passing ?

Barkley better than KG on both categories.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    What ? Rebounding ? Passing ?

Barkley better than KG on both categories.
    They are relatively close in those categories...would I say Barkley is better at those categories? Yeah, I would, but I wouldn't say it is significant enough to make me say Barkley was better than Garnett. I mean, I dont know about you, but I have a high value for defense...and Garnett is probably a top 3 defensive power forward of all-time.
    Last edited by NoEasy9; 12-11-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Duncan>Malone>Barkley>KG

Barkley was ****ing amazing in his prime.

Another thing everyone her seems to be forgetting, is the fact that Barkley was a far more dominant, physically superior rebounder. Barkley is one of the game's all time elite rebounders....and anyone thinking Kg's rebounding is equivalent....think again....

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

They are relatively close in those categories...would I say Barkley is better at those categories? Yeah, I would, but I wouldn't say it is significant enough to make me say Barkley was better than Garnett. I mean, I dont know about you, but I have a high value for defense...and Garnett is probably a top 3 defensive power forward of all-time.
    this.

barkley himself said he never cared about defense. and that means he never fully committed himself to his team or winning a title. barkley was a lazy player both on and off the court at times throughout his career. he didn't want to fully commit to win a title.

that is why i'd take KG over barkley. defense and commitment to winning. both of which barkley readily admits he lacked.

the one who put Garnett ahead of Barkley is a ignorant. Prime Barkley was unguardable. that's it. Barkley is top 3 PF all time. but stop thinking TD would destroy prime Barkley. Duncan has met what, old Malone and old Barkley (and he didn't dominate them)...then? Nowitzki, injured Mcdyess, Garnett. Garnett's defense is as overrated as his winning spirit. he was a looser for his entire career until he joined the celtics. he needed sam cassel and Spree to pass the first round. McHale is on my 4th spot, followed by the great Pettit.

Barkley would be a 5 time MVP in the 00's and Kevin Willis would be a mega star in the 00's. just make a list against who Barkley fought in the paint and compare xith the soft league after 97...

Garnett being a better passer. what a band of trolls...
    Last edited by necya; 12-11-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by necya

the one who put Garnett ahead of Barkley is a ignorant. Prime Barkley was unguardable. that's it. Barkley is top 3 PF all time. but stop thinking TD would destroy prime Barkley. Duncan has met what, old Malone and old Barkley (and he didn't dominate them)...then? Nowitzki, injured Mcdyess, Garnett. Garnett's defense is as overrated as his winning spirit. he was a looser for his entire career until he joined the celtics. he needed sam cassel and Spree to pass the first round. McHale is on my 4th spot, followed by the great Pettit.

Barkley would be a 5 time MVP in the 00's. Garnett being a better passer. what a band of trolls...
    If we are talking about who is the better player during their primes, then the answer might be Barkley...as far as who has had the better career and who has accomplished more? You are a fool if you don't think it's Garnett.

NBA lottery pick

Give me KG.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by necya

Barkley would be a 5 time MVP in the 00's. Garnett being a better passer. what a band of trolls...

this isn't a one on one round robin to determine the best player. i have no idea what you are smoking nor why you think individual matchups should be so prevalent in this debate.

barkley was an amazing offensive player and rebounder. amazing. but he was also a lazy ass defender that hardly had an impact on that side of the court. he wasn't fully committed to doing the things necessary to win in the playoffs or titles. if he was, he would have won a couple titles and would arguably be a top 10 player ever. but he was lazy both on and off the court and wasn't fully committed to winning.

ask pippen. LOL...pippen thought barkley was a big fat joke. and rightfully so at times.

and LOL at calling KG at loser (not looser???LOL). he was given nothing in minny. nothing. the fact that he got to the conference finals and the 1 seed with an aging cassell and sprewell is a positive not a negative moron. you really expect KG to beat shaq/kobe without cassell in that series? LOL

sorry. barkley had more talent and should have been the superior player...but his laziness on and off the court and his inability to impact the game defensively put him slightly behind KG.

If we are talking about who is the better player during their primes, then the answer might be Barkley...as far as who has had the better career and who has accomplished more? You are a fool if you don't think it's Garnett.
    me a fool?
    i'm not one of those morons who put someone ahead because he grabed a ring, leaving his team cause he wasn't able to put it on the best tier. the timberwolves weren't able to take a playoff spot after the Spree-Cassell episode.