Default Louisville's deadly year: Behind the murders

Interesting article on the murders that took place in Louisville last year:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ders/80622230/

[QUOTE]Twice, three people were killed on a single day, and on average, one person was slain every four days in Louisville last year

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Louisville's deadly year: Behind the murders

At what point did you become a racist, OP?

OP posts homicide statistics and gets accused of being racist. That is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    OP posts homicide statistics and gets accused of being racist. That is the problem.
    Correct.

It doesn't have the same effect if I ask the hard questions WITHOUT posting the statistics behind it.

I'll make sure to let the Courier Journal know they are racist. Seeing as they continually back Democrats in elections, I don't think they'll argue with me.

Forgive me, Stalker, for being concerned about the well being of my hometown.I'll ignore the problem like we've done for decades, cause that seems to be working.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Black Lives Matter is on this as we speak

Black lives matter has been incredibly successful in increasing the numbers of black lives dying.

We've had this conversation before. And I told you what the problem is.

There is incentive to lock up black kids at a young age and put them in the system. Look up prison industrial complex. Cities make money by locking up their citizens. Businesses make money by using these prisoners for cheap labor. Most arrests are centered around drugs. You keep spouting results. What about the cause? I've showed stats and facts that show that blacks use drugs at no higher rate than any other race. But are incarcerated at a higher rate for drug use. Even though we only make up 13% of the population. The police are LOOKING for blacks to arrest.

I've never argued that there is an extreme problem in the black community. I've always argued against this assumption that blacks are inherently evil and immoral. The stats don't back it up.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls

There is incentive to lock up black kids at a young age and put them in the system. Look up prison industrial complex. Cities make money by locking up their citizens. Businesses make money by using these prisoners for cheap labor. Most arrests are centered around drugs. You keep spouting results. What about the cause? I've showed stats and facts that show that blacks use drugs at no higher rate than any other race. But are incarcerated at a higher rate for drug use. Even though we only make up 13% of the population. The police are LOOKING for blacks to arrest.

I've never argued that there is an extreme problem in the black community. I've always argued against this assumption that blacks are inherently evil and immoral. The stats don't back it up.
    Incarceration rates are directly connected to IQ, which is why blacks have the highest rate and asians have the least. But it's a waste of time to argue cultural facts with some people.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls

Is there? Not all kids, just the black ones?

They are incarcerated at a higher rater because its the same ones over and over and over and over again getting caught. Would I go to jail for 5-10 for a half o? Probably not. Would a repeat offender who has also been charged with burglary, assault, and possession sixteen times?

Yes.

Not sure how to make that statement any more clear.

And as an FYI, this article was about the murder rate skyrocketing. I would hope the police 'are LOOKING' for the shooters, which 99% of the time are black.

The real question is, how do we make the parents parent without enforcing some sort of legal punishment? Because that's what it all comes down to. The parents dont give a **** so the kids dont give a ****.

Similarly, if your parents stuff their fat faces with cake and pudding, you are likely to stuff your face with cake and pudding too.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Is there? Not all kids, just the black ones?

They are incarcerated at a higher rater because its the same ones over and over and over and over again getting caught. Would I go to jail for 5-10 for a half o? Probably not. Would a repeat offender who has also been charged with burglary, assault, and possession sixteen times?

Yes.

Not sure how to make that statement any more clear.

And as an FYI, this article was about the murder rate skyrocketing. I would hope the police 'are LOOKING' for the shooters, which 99% of the time are black.

The real question is, how do we make the parents parent without enforcing some sort of legal punishment? Because that's what it all comes down to. The parents dont give a **** so the kids dont give a ****.

Similarly, if your parents stuff their fat faces with cake and pudding, you are likely to stuff your face with cake and pudding too.
    No he's right. Police target poor, minority kids for smaller offenses which puts them in the system. Someone who goes to jail for a minor offense is just exposed to more criminals and they're more likely to continue criminal activity.

I was a shift commander, and I told the shift that when you go out there doing car stops:

"I don't want to see you stopping an old lady - this is Baltimore! You stop 16-24 year old black males."

Why? Because 16-24 black males are the ones who commit all the crime. It's not until later that you complete the logic circle and realise that black and white [people] have drug possession at the same rate. You are only locking up black guys because they have drugs on them, and then they get in more trouble. We didn't know about the concept of institutional racism.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33293421

Hence why when it comes to the war on heroin which affects predominantly white kids you get this type of response:

[QUOTE]