Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A drunk driver just smashed into us on the freeway ISH

my family and I were driving down to Santa Barbara to attend my good friend's wedding, known the dude since I could walk. There was a jam from a previous accident and we were fully stopped when this fu.cking asshole drunk driver hit us around 65mph. Asshole didn't even hit the brakes. I was passed out in the back napping and woke up to my body flailing and a noise louder than a gunshot. I'll tell you that's the worst way I've ever been woken up.

Feeling dizzy and words coming slow from the concussion and what's looking like a fractured hand, in addition to whiplash and lower back and leg injuries. My mom hurt her head, neck, and elbow too and my dads leg was banged up.

Piece of shit drunk driver was completely unscathed. Not even a scratch. Honestly I don't even mind the injuries as much as this jackass ruining me going to my boy's wedding

There was a dude that was in the car that we hit due to the impact. Young Mexican guy, his lower back was fu.cked, he was in a ton of pain and vomiting too. Felt real bad for the dude, he declined to go in the ambulance because he couldn't afford the medical costs.

Just needed to vent about this, I'm sitting in the hospital bed, car is absolutely totaled, while missing my buddy's wedding pre party.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 04-16-2016 at 04:01 AM.

Default Re: A drunk driver just smashed into us on the freeway ISH

Get Well soon brother. You are one of the few Warrior fans that I respect in this forum.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Time to get that money, OP.

Thanks 23 and stalker. Anyone have experience with lawyers after a crash? I don't think I can sue for the lost experience but I definitely want this bastard to cover my medical bills.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Thanks 23 and stalker. Anyone have experience with lawyers after a crash? I don't think I can sue for the lost experience but I definitely want this bastard to cover my medical bills.
    Contact a lawyer ASAP that specializes in this.

They'll lead the way.

Banned

if you have insurance you will get lots of money from a settlement. Always refuse the first offer. Prepare your bank account.

Glad you and your family are still in one piece OP, hope none of the damage is permanent. Wrecking at 65mph is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    if you have insurance you will get lots of money from a settlement. Always refuse the first offer. Prepare your bank account.
    The drunk driver is the one that needs the insurance, not OP.

If he has coverage, it's on.

If not, you would have to sue him personally and he may not have a pot to piss in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife

If not, you would have to sue him personally and he may not have a pot to piss in.
    It's on like Donkey Kong. As long as no one dies directly as a result of this accident, OP and his family will win out in this encounter.

The Mexican guy who has no insurance and fled the scene loses out big time. Hopefully he doesn't have internal bleeding and isn't dead right now, knock on wood.

None of my injuries are permanent but I won't have a fun couple weeks. My mom's injuries aren't permanent but she hurt her leg much worse than anything that happened to me.

Just learned two people died tonight though

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife

Does insurance cover for accidents in the US if the driver was drunk? It doesn't over here and rightfully so.

Banned

None of my injuries are permanent but I won't have a fun couple weeks. My mom's injuries aren't permanent but she hurt her leg much worse than anything that happened to me.

Just learned two people died tonight though
    RIP the victims, glad you and your mom survived.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Thought my life was supposed to flash before my eyes. Not sure if it's better or worse that didn't happen

Very good NBA starter

highway 5? there's always some some crazy shit going on when you take that route. 101 is longer and slower but usually safer.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

that sucks

a litttle while ago my friend and I and our girlfriends were out and we got rear ended by some SUV like that...the guy tried to hit and run and my friends pregnant girlfriend started chasing them and a cop started following us with flashing lights but we waving at the SUV and somehow the cops understood and started chasing the SUV...SUV went down a road and the cops surrounded him and came really close to blowing his head off. guy and his homies were drunk as shit and could barley even walk and got hauled to jail.