Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Who would you build your league around: Magic vs Bird vs Doctor J

three integral figures who put the game on the map - who are you building around and why?

Default Re: Who would you build your league around: Magic vs Bird vs Doctor J

Dr. Jizzle.

Chicks dig the dunk.

Magic. He is the perfect person to build around. He is a point guard with size and high basketball IQ. The ball is in his hand 90%-98% of the time so he is a coach on the floor. He has great vision, so he sees two or three plays ahead of every body else. Plus he is a leader; vocal an on the court. I am building around the Magic man.

magic

Kobe.

Probably Magic. For all intents and purposes, dude had good longevity and was winning the minute he stepped on the hardwood.

The excitement he brought back in TEAM ball was nothing short of amazing.

Earvin Johnson, the intangibles are 2nd to none.He can read people from what ever personality they are and have them play up to they potential and beyond .You would want to run thru brick walls and would hustle ur ass off when u on that court cuz if u run with him he will find u plus he clutch when needs to be .i don't care bout people saying he can't play defense , those don't understand the game .its who has more points at the end of the day, he will make sure his team has more regardless of his defense or the opposing defense more times than not.

I usually hit open layups

Magic no doubt. I think he is the player who could win with the least amount of superstar talent around him.

Tite said build a league not a team.

Dr. J

Banned

Dunno probably Magic I guess because he has a likeable personality even when exposed as a scum bag it never seemed to stick. Dr. J is impressive but again he's a total scumbag. Bird is one of my favourite players but his personality is really the type to build a league around.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Magic had the game, the charisma, and the personality that wanted the spotlight. Bird just wanted to play ball. Dr. J was a natural showman on the court, but off the court Magic was the natural promoter. Since his game was also very fun to watch it's a no brainer to me. Magic would KILL it in today's media market as a player.

My initial thought is Bird. Dude would tear up today's league playing the 4.

Injuries are going to be a concern though, and longevity wouldn't be an issue today for Magic since we know more about HIV and it can be contained. Durability was never an issue for Dr. J, though he had problems with his knees at some points.

Tough call tbh...

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

bird, gotta lure in the white folks

Team - Bird... better peak/prime as an overall player, terrific instant-impact as the main man from the get-go, unreal intangibles, probably worse longevity but not considerably, could fit with any strategy, any team, any type of teammates...

League - Magic... had a very flashy game but also very effective and was a tremendous player, along with the outgoing off-court personality, star-like to the max...

Dr J also had tremendous highlights, that cater to more casual fans, in bunches, plus he's a great promoter of the sport and had style/class, but Magic takes the cake when adding it all up. Bird also had fantastic plays, ofc was a beast of a player, and would've been great as a white superstar (best white player ever) but, for the most part, he also kept it to himself a lot, just going on about his business, playing basketball, didn't even like all the attention.

Ideal would've been to have them all together, like it happened in the 80's, then with Jordan coming along.