Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #31
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: BREAKING: Cavaliers amnesty bid for Mike Miller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
I have to give him credit. Despite the fact that he's the most obvious troll here, he always generates 10+ page threads.
I feel the level of trolling is at an all-time low. The board's best trolls -- like PB for example -- really do understand how the league operates. The guy really does have a good grasp on the rules and the game in general. He spends most of his time trying to get people to hate the Cavs (the same way TM tries to make people hate James), but he does so in an informed way... Though usually in hyperbolic form (ie: Anthony Bennett is Karl Malone 2.0).

He knows how to get under people's skin. This TM guy doesn't put in the kind of effort to understanding the game that it takes to be a really quality troll. It's way too easy to just dismiss what he says because he makes really elementary mistakes even with the basic rules of the CBA.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #32
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I feel the level of trolling is at an all-time low. The board's best trolls -- like PB for example -- really do understand how the league operates. The guy really does have a good grasp on the rules and the game in general. He spends most of his time trying to get people to hate the Cavs (the same way TM tries to make people hate James), but he does so in an informed way... Though usually in hyperbolic form (ie: Anthony Bennett is Karl Malone 2.0).

He knows how to get under people's skin. This TM guy doesn't put in the kind of effort to understanding the game that it takes to be a really quality troll.

The lack of quality trolling is at an all-time low. Now it's just "LeBron sucks. Kobe rulez" at this point.

The newer trolls can't even use proper syntax. It's just non-stop rambling.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #33
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
The lack of quality trolling is at an all-time low. Now it's just "LeBron sucks. Kobe rulez" at this point.

The newer trolls can't even use proper syntax. It's just non-stop rambling.
It has been that way for a while now, dating back to James' days in Cleveland. Trolls always feasted on that James/Bryant/Wade dynamic. The difference is, the biggest trolls these days seem like relatively new fans who are still figuring out how the league works. It makes for some really sad troll attempts, like the ones in this thread.

I actually think the right kind of trolling can spark interesting/legitimate debate and conversation. Unfortunately, that isn't happening too often these days. Not with basketball neophytes doing the trolling and pushing the narratives.

TM would be much better off going back to whatever username he was posting under prior to his troll attempts and gaining more experience/knowledge before trying to get under people's skin with a troll account.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #34
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Zeller is garbage. Cavs will be better if they don't have to include him in the rotation at all.

PF: Thompson / Bennett
C: Bynum / Varajao

End of bench: Zeller
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:45 AM   #35
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool

cavs doing some solid work this offseason
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #36
tomtucker
Banned

tomtucker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
Upon hearing this newis, I think Mike's back just suddenly gave out again.
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #37
tomtucker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Zeller is garbage. Cavs will be better if they don't have to include him in the rotation at all.

PF: Thompson / Bennett
C: Bynum / Varajao

End of bench: Zeller

i will never forget his lazy performance in last years young stars game........he didnīt even try to play ball
Old 07-18-2013, 04:34 AM   #38
tomtucker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Players having elective back surgery to not play in Cleveland.

"Rumors persist that Mike Miller MIGHT be a pedophile. Federal investigation possible, Miller's agent said..."

they should be careful with those rumors .......some teams see that as a bonus........imagine the Lakers next season: 2 rapists and a pedophile
Old 07-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #39
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Zeller's in fine position right now. Neither Bynum nor Varejao should be logging really heavy minutes in the regular season anyway. Bennett will have to work his way in to playing serious minutes. Clark is going to be more of a 3, from what I'm hearing.

Zeller can play the 4 in bigger lineups and the 5 in smaller ones. He's a pretty versatile player.

Last year, when Varejao got injured, he was playing 30+ minutes a night. That was way too much and it showed. Earlier in the season, he was playing spot minutes and he looked good doing so. I think he'll be much more of a natural fit in this deep frontcourt than in last year's thin one.

Do you think that Zeller will turn into a fine player? I watched some game last year and he wasn't NBA ready at all.

Is he bulking up? Cause i think he really needs a lot of strenght.

Anyway Cavs frontcourt is stacked, if Bynum stays healthy and they aren't planning on trading Varejao i think Zeller is done.
Bynum, Varejao, Thompson, Bennet and Clark will be all ahead of him in the rotation.
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #40
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

DukeDelonte13 has a near all-star reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has a near all-star reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has a near all-star reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has a near all-star reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has a near all-star reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
Do you think that Zeller will turn into a fine player? I watched some game last year and he wasn't NBA ready at all.

Anyway Cavs frontcourt is stacked, if Bynum stays healthy and they aren't planning on trading Varejao i think Zeller is done.
Bynum, Varejao, Thompson, Bennet and Clark will be all ahead of him in the rotation.

zeller will be a fine back-up, maybe an average starter one day. He did get abused by big C's as a rookie but that shouldn't be a death sentence for a player. He started out of desperation.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #41
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Has anybody put a bid on miller yet? I wonder why more teams don't take advantage of the amnesty,getting a player like Elton Brand for 3 mil a season seems like a no-brainer to me.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #42
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurrDurr

Depends on what you mean by a "fine" player. I think he will probably end up being a rotational big on a good team. That's about what I expected when he was drafted and last year didn't change anything. He was playing pretty well off the bench up until Varejao got hurt and he was forced into a starting role, playing 30+ minutes a night long before he was ready for that kind of workload.

He was exposed in that position, but that shouldn't really shock anyone. A rookie who was a mid-first round pick not physical enough yet to get serious minutes forced into that role because of a thin frontline and injuries. That is a recipe for disaster.

No, I don't think a rookie being exposed under those circumstances means he has no chance to be a productive player in this league at some point in his career.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #43
Droid101
NBA All-star

Droid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
They would never announce this if they were actually going to do it. They're just trying to get another team under the cap to place a bid, so that no other real contenders get him.

If they really wanted him, they'd put in the bid secretly.
Told ya.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #44
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Told ya.

Good call.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: