Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: JR Smith has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    if JR wanted to shoot, it didn't have to be a 30 footer. There was time to get a better shot.
    I think there was time to get a different shot, but I don't know if it would have been a better one. Fournier did a pretty solid job - cut off right, recovered well enough and left space as Smith went back left. Within 3.5 seconds, I think Smith had to decide whether to take another second to try to step in (and toward Fournier) or pull when he had some breathing room.

The result was bad (an airball) and Smith certainly has a history of questionable on-court decisions, but I can completely empathize and understand his choice here.

The matter with which the play was run really left Smith little choice than to catch the inbound pass where he did. He flared past Anthony and was open, but Payton made such a pass difficult for Prigioni, who was only able to complete that pass once Smith had cleared the 35 foot mark.

From there, I think we could put ourselves in a player's shoes at that point. 3.5 seconds left, caught the ball near half-court, guarded by a defender bigger than you but giving a small amount of space... there could have been a better decision, but I understand the one that was made.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    One day his jersey will be hanging from the rafters at the Garden and I'll bump this thread
    hopefully Jr. will still be in the jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    When one of the ceiling cleaners forgets it up there after using it as a dust rag.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Lets just hope hes in it.