Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    College star

Default Re: Is the NBA Championship the easiest to obtain?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I was at the bars last night to watch football and the argument came up about a Super Bowl win or a NBA Championship. I told everyone the NBA championship was the hardest to obtain and others said it was the Super Bowl. While the Super Bowl is one game and the NBA title is a series.

As the evening went on they proceeded to say some nasty things to me and started to ramble about Michael Jordan is the greatest ever. Which I agreed because I didn't want to hear their incoherent ramblings about a player that doesn't play anymore.

I finally shut them up when I said......

"If a NBA title is so easily obtainable than explain why the so-called best player in the game had to join other all-stars to get his rings?"

They never bothered me after.

PWNED.
    You are not even old enough to enter a bar. Fail.

Yes...if you get on the right team. The NBA is the only pro sports league (NFL, MLB, maybe NHL(?) -- don't really know enough about the NHL) where the best teams routinely make deep playoff runs. Even in baseball, where they play best-of-seven series (and one best-of-five) crazy things happen. I mean baseball is a 162 game season sport, where players get scorching hot or go ice cold for 1-3 week stretches all the time, and it happens sometimes in the playoffs. You'll have 7-10 teams throughout the year that, at some point, look like they could be "that team" in October who gets hot and at the right time and unexpectedly makes and/or wins the World Series. This year, where the teams with the two best records in baseball make the World Series, has been pretty rare lately.

And of course the single elimination format of the NFL playoffs make it very unpredictable. Your team has one of those games where some iffy calls don't go their way, or a tipped pass or two lead to an INT, or normally good receivers uncharacteristically drop passes, and you're done. There's not 3-6 other games to correct one uncharacteristic game. Generally if you have an elite defense with a solid QB or one of the few truly elite QB's you're in good shape, but even then something like last year can happen.

But the NBA? I mean by the All-Star break or so you have a pretty good idea what 2-4 teams have a legitimate shot at winning the championship. Sure, there might be a 1994 Nuggets or 1999 Knicks scenario every so often, but usually the best teams make deep playoff runs, and one of the 1-3 best teams throughout the regular season wins the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
    How many championships has he won?

it wasn't. Until Lebron cheapened it and devalue the worth of a ring. His rings are worth about the same as WNBA rings.

the hardest definitely has to be the UEFA Champions league. you have to win your league cup, then you have to go through a round of 16 (against other league cup champions), a quarterfinals, a semis, and then a 2 leg finals.